Snarky Brides
Options

~8:37 and no GM thread?~

Good morning ladies!

I have a three day weekend YAY!  I really needed another day off work.

So whats up with your Mothers Day weekends?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: ~8:37 and no GM thread?~

• Options
    It's 7:44 and I'm sitting here doing my birthing class homework before we leave, because I forgot to do it all week. OOps. After class I've got to take the old car to get detailed because my dad is coming to get it on Monday with his now ex-gf. That will be awkward. He couldn't wait to tell her he wanted to see other people until AFTER he had to take a 7 hour car trip with her, could he? No.. because he's my dad and he doesn't have a filter. 

Tomorrow I get my first mother's day present. DH bought a crepe pan and recipe book and is making me crepes. I thought he bought the pan so I could make HIM crepes, because he loves them, and was laughing at his skewed gift logic, but it turns out he's making them. I'm cool with that!

Oh, and I need to write all my thank you notes from the shower and get them out today. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Good morning.  I'm ignoring Mother's Day.

Today we're doing laundry and otherwise cleaning.  We may go out shopping, I need new running shoes, mine really hurt my foot when I run and that's no fun.  H is going to e-mail our REA and set up a second walk-through for early next week on a house we really like.  Yay. 
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Good morning, ladies.
    It's (finally) going to be warm today, so I'm going for a bike ride, then we're working on the backyard. 
    My daughter's prom is tonight, and I can't wait to take pictures of her in her gorgeous dress.

Have a great day, everyone!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Morning little mama! Happy first Mothers Day.

I dont remember homework for birthing classes. Maybe I'm just blocking.

I'm not a huge crepe person, but that sounds like a great gift!

• Options
    Hope you get the house Pirate, that sounds exciting. And why are we ignoring mothers day?

Morning Les! Have fun with your great weather, once again we get rain.
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_837-gm-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:707bbf0d-1fc7-4d89-8298-ff36888430b6Post:c5b2182e-595c-4633-99ab-02f6253e6550">Re: ~8:37 and no GM thread?~</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hope you get the house Pirate, that sounds exciting. And why are we ignoring mothers day?
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Click on my bio and scroll down on the first page.

I can't get away with totally ignoring it even though I'm trying.  H's mom is coming over for lunch tomorrow.

ETA: and thanks :) I hope so too
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_837-gm-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:707bbf0d-1fc7-4d89-8298-ff36888430b6Post:3689d78c-6490-4cbc-a619-82dfd105e7f6">Re: ~8:37 and no GM thread?~</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ~8:37 and no GM thread?~ : Click on my bio and scroll down on the first page. I can't get away with totally ignoring it even though I'm trying.  H's mom is coming over for lunch tomorrow. ETA: and thanks :) I hope so too
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

Oh Pirate I'm so sorry, I didnt realize. Consider me an oaf.

{{hugs}}
  • Options
    It's okay.  I didn't announce it or anything.  You're not an oaf. Smile
  • Options
    Oh and I almost forgot.  I'm going to my first knottie GTG today with some of the girls on the NC local and their H's.  It's very exciting.  I'm considering it practice for DC this summer.
  • Options
    Pirate...I am with you tomorrow. :) I will keep you in my prayers. 

We are going to my ILs tomorrow for mother's day and my SILs birthday.

Today I have to go run 5k (ugg) and then go shopping (yay!). Hard life, I know!
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2011
    Thanks, Number.  Same to you.

Are you running A 5k or running 5k?  Is it an organized event?  Either way, that's awesome.
  • Options
    Oh no, my next race isn't til the end of the month...I am just going to the gym to run.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_837-gm-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:707bbf0d-1fc7-4d89-8298-ff36888430b6Post:c51ae496-297a-427c-8693-651539a9a44b">Re: ~8:37 and no GM thread?~</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought he bought the pan so I could make HIM crepes, because he loves them, and was laughing at his skewed gift logic, but it turns out he's making them. I'm cool with that!
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

Nope.  Only MY H subscribes to this brand of logic.  I got a pasta maker, double boiler, and a lefse pan for christmas from him.

Good Morning!

I was traumatized by my husband last night.  At 3 am his sleeping self tried to pull the pillow out from under my head.  i woke up and held on to my pillow to prevent it.  He used his other hand to grab my face and then pulled the piillow while I was distracted.  I hate his subconscious  *sigh*

But in happier news, I stepped on the scale this morning to a pleasant surprise!
  • Options
    Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_837-gm-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:707bbf0d-1fc7-4d89-8298-ff36888430b6Post:fdd25984-c710-4734-b5d4-6cca45f42bd2">Re: ~8:37 and no GM thread?~</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ~8:37 and no GM thread?~ : Nope.  Only MY H subscribes to this brand of logic.  I got a pasta maker, double boiler, and a lefse pan for christmas from him. ******************************************* Good Morning! I was traumatized by my husband last night.  At 3 am his sleeping self tried to pull the pillow out from under my head.  i woke up and held on to my pillow to prevent it.  He used his other hand to grab my face and then pulled the piillow while I was distracted.  I hate his subconscious  *sigh* But in happier news, I stepped on the scale this morning to a pleasant surprise!
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]
    Anna, this sincerely cracked me up.  Congrats on the weight loss, though!<div>
    </div><div>Morning ladies-- I'm wasting time while I take a study break.  My first exam is today at 12:30 and I'm exhausted from studying.  I have to come home afterwards and immediately start studying for Monday night's exam.  I hate this time of year.</div><div>
    </div><div>Hope you all have a good weekend.  Break's over.</div>

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Good morning!!

At some point today we are going to go to sil's house to hang out for the day. I'm a little anxious because my diet has specific eating times and when we generally go there to hang out we don't eat until 9pm which will not fly. I don't want to be the annoying guest who is all "we have to eat at this time" or eat without everyone, but if that's what I have to do...

Tomorrow mom and I are having a girls' day out :) We're going to go buy a bunch of plants to get started on a flower garden, plant some veggies in her garden, and look at baby stuff.

And I'm all excited because our nursery is getting closer to done. I've rearranged it 5 times already and was telling H what I wanted to do, and when I got home he had done it already! Plus our new vacuum (Bissel Pawsitively Clean) rocks so far and our floors feel so clean and shiny.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_837-gm-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:707bbf0d-1fc7-4d89-8298-ff36888430b6Post:f7372264-7573-44c4-ae14-cf6abe2c012f">Re: ~8:37 and no GM thread?~</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning!! At some point today we are going to go to sil's house to hang out for the day. I'm a little anxious because my diet has specific eating times and when we generally go there to hang out we don't eat until 9pm which will not fly. I don't want to be the annoying guest who is all "we have to eat at this time" or eat without everyone, but if that's what I have to do...
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

My prayers are with you  ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_837-gm-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:707bbf0d-1fc7-4d89-8298-ff36888430b6Post:73116e25-bcc3-4a8b-ba78-9cc9a2e4c25a">Re: ~8:37 and no GM thread?~</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ~8:37 and no GM thread?~ : My prayers are with you  ;)
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Ha! Thanks.
  • Options
    Good morning!  I have a day full of errands to run (once I finally get off the couch and getting going, that is). But since I have to run all over the place, I'm going to treat myself to a trip to NY&Co since they have a 40% off everything sale that is able to be combined with City Cash--I figured out that if I use all the city cash I have, I can get $200 worth of merchandise for $60.  I'm ready!
  • Options
    I just woke up and finished cleaning the house. Both sets of parents are coming up this afternoon. My college graduation is tomorrow plus Mother's Day so they came up for that. We are going out tonight for the fancy celebratory dinner so they can head back home (a 3 hour drive) after graduation tomorrow. We got both the Mom's handmade chocolates from a local shop. The apartment is so clean!
  • Options
    Good mornin'(ish?).

We got invited to a hotel party in Boca Raton last night, and it was really fun! Met some really cool new people. I value my non-military friends, so it's always awesome when we're able to mesh well with them.

We just got home, picked up some groceries on the way. I'm already super-stoked about the ribeye steaks we have marinating to grill up tomorrow.

I'm having a bloody mary (hair of the dog) and gonna work on some wedding stuff here in a bit once I find my motivation.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options

Morning! I came into work an hour early today because I had two fairly large orders to fill, and I wasn't sure I could do it in the amount of time I would have had, had I come in at my normal time. They took me 20 minutes each. Grr. Oh well, more hours is cool.

Also, I had my first babysitting gig yesterday for my Office Manager's kids and it turned out to be my "interview" type thing for her Babystting company. Haha. It went well, I got paid an extra $20 because I cleaned up after the kids (do people really not do that anymore???), and I had to give my number to all of her friends. Haha.

• Options
    Morning ladies!

Saxy-sounds like a good deal!

We're going to do some wedding errands today and then go watch an indoor soccer game.

Tomorrow we're having breakfast/brunch at his parents and then I have to work and thenn we're having shortcake at my parents.
  • Options
    Oh, and I'll be working tomorrow and then texting my mom a Happy Mother's Day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards