Snarky Brides
Options

Monday

P&R - already busy at work. And if you're sleeping in, stay in bed a little longer for me today.

Re: Monday

• Options
    It's freezing this morning! This weekend was a tease because it was in the low 50's and this morning it was a chilly 23. 

H and I had a great birthday weekend together and our "come as a super hero" themed party was a great success. H and I's costume were coordinated. We wore our town colors and collectively we were "Team (name of the town we're from)" Then we each had our own separate identity and name. I was "The Buzzler" which I thought was particularly funny because H came up the name, without knowing my nickname on here. He thought I looked like a bee wearing yellow black. 

Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I don't have to work today!
    I worked last Saturday, and will be working next Saturday, but I don't have to work today!

I'm driving up to see my best friend!  Right now it sounds like Les Mis and ladies lunch and shopping is on the table, so it should be very fun.

Swag, what does P&R stand for?  I've been thinking about it for a few minutes and all I cancome up with is "Please and (insert scooby doo voice) Rank rou."  I'm pretty positive that isn't right.

B- Awesome picture!  The party sounds super fun.  Here it's been in the 20's for the past week, and we have a "stagnant air warning" which is kind of weird.  We haven't had any snow or ice though, so I'm totally fine with it.
  • Options
    I'm at work today :( H is at home relaxing. I'm quite a bit jealous. Dtb, that sounds like a fun girls day! 

Swag, I've also been wondering what P&R stands for. I like Dtb's explanation of it though :) 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Buzz, great pic!  Glad your party was a success!

Dtb, I'm jealous.  I'm at work and I really don't want to be here.

P&R = post and run.  :)
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm at work - it's midterm week, so my schedule is even more bizarre than ever. I really wanted a snow day today. We had lots of snow overight, but the town is too damn efficient at clearing the roads!

One bm left to ask. Trying to decide on dresses, but am leaning towards telling them the colour and length and having them pick what they like.

I'm high maintenance like that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had a ton of fun Saturday at the Mardi gras party. It was nice to be social. I don't know a lot of people here so I have been feeling socially deprived. Today I am chilling and need to get groceries.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_monday-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:70e41b6f-3946-4359-9eab-7a755378491aPost:3c0ae762-51c5-4cfc-a31c-171c93b4441a">Re: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm at work - it's midterm week, so my schedule is even more bizarre than ever. I really wanted a snow day today. We had lots of snow overight, but the town is too damn efficient at clearing the roads! One bm left to ask. <strong>Trying to decide on dresses, but am leaning towards telling them the colour and length and having them pick what they like</strong>. I'm high maintenance like that.
    Posted by jennylee813[/QUOTE]

<div>I wish I did this. Instead I stressed myself out over trying to find a dress that everyone would like and look good on all of them. I was also very particular in the color I wanted and it took going through many swatch books of designers to find what I liked. </div><div>
    </div><div>If I could do it all over again, I'd tell them the designer, color, fabric, and length and have them go from there. Unfortunately at the time I was too much of a control freak to let myself choose this option. </div>

• Options
    I am super anal about matching.  I was surprisingly okay with uneven sides, but the dresses had to match.  In fact, they even had to somewhat match my dress.  I had an asymmetrical dress with a sweetheart neckline and so did my girls.  Luckily, both of my adult BMs fell in love with the exact same dress, so that wasn't an issue anyway.  But, yeah, we matched.  I have issues.  Haha.  Not sure how well you can see it, but here's a pic...

21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Morning!

-35F here today, so a bit on the brisk side.

I'm working on school stuff while coming up with any excuse I can to not leave the house.
  • Options
    Wow Anna! I thought I was cold here!! I'm such a wimp! Working Sunday really threw me off, I don"t feel like another week should be starting. On a positive note my review today went awesome!!! Ordered my Save the Dates last night! Crazy deal on postcards on Vistaprint!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_monday-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:70e41b6f-3946-4359-9eab-7a755378491aPost:2be2756a-c169-402d-b090-0931719317e1">Re: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am super anal about matching.  I was surprisingly okay with uneven sides, but the dresses had to match.  In fact, they even had to somewhat match my dress.  I had an asymmetrical dress with a sweetheart neckline and so did my girls.  Luckily, both of my adult BMs fell in love with the exact same dress, so that wasn't an issue anyway.  But, yeah, we matched.  I have issues.  Haha.  Not sure how well you can see it, but here's a pic...
    Posted by lls31[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>My girls are all very different shapes: DD will be ten (and into early puberty), one bm is plus size, one is not, and I've asked my cousin to be MOH (waiting for a reply) - she will be very pregnant in August and may not feel up to being at the wedding. </div><div>
    </div><div>My favourite (if I had to pick one for the bm's to wear) would be:</div><div>
    </div><div><a href="http://www.alfredangelobridal.ca/collections/productdisplay.aspx?productID=2bcfde36-7a61-4f3a-83cc-f04ff39b93e1&categoryID=053f22f3-72d9-4a6d-af34-392c45fe8c96&pg=0&colorId1=" rel="nofollow">http://www.alfredangelobridal.ca/collections/productdisplay.aspx?productID=2bcfde36-7a61-4f3a-83cc-f04ff39b93e1&categoryID=053f22f3-72d9-4a6d-af34-392c45fe8c96&pg=0&colorId1=</a></div><div>
    </div><div>I really like the clover colour.</div><div>
    </div><div>But if I go with the 'pick whatever you want' I'm thinking something in chiffon, and maybe a pale pink or lilac.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Happy belated birthday Buzz!

First personal training session this evening!  I am still energized from my workout on Saturday.
  • Options
    Jenny - I think all different dresses in different shades can be SO cute. I was kind of like lls, though, I wanted matching. I was VERY lucky that all of my girls were between a 4 and an 8 and all within about 4 inches of each other. If I had different sized girls I may not have been all about the matching. 
  • Options
    lls, I just got to see the picture - it's lovely! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards