Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

WR Poll: Does/Did it Matter?

Another one stolen from P&E.  Thought this was really good.It didn't matter if the stamps we used on our invites were Forever Stamps or the cheesy Love ones.  They're just stamps and the envelope gets thrown in the trash anyway.It didn't matter that we weren't married in a church.  God is everywhere. It didn't matter if I didn't have flowers for centerpieces.It didn't matter if there were a few extra "yes"s on my RSVPs...I should have had the thought of "The more the merrier".

Re: WR Poll: Does/Did it Matter?

• danielle0789danielle0789 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It didnt matter that it was hot outside when we got married. In the end, we still said our vows and are married It didnt matter that I walked down the aisle at the wrong time, I know I couldnt keep my eyes off of Stephen
  • edited December 2011
    -it doesn't matter that we are not doing bouts.  this seems snarky but since FI can't wear one no guy is- it won't matter if the FG or RB won't cooperate, they're young and that is half the fun I could go on and on but it get snarky since I use this phrase the most with my mom and FMIL
  • kris928kris928 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It doesn't matter that the stamps we use will be Forever Stamps. It doesn't matter that we will not be getting married in a church. It doesn't matter if I decide not to get chair covers, you will have a place to park your hiney..ugly chair and all!! It doesn't matter that my centerpieces consist of fake flowers.It doesn't matter that we're using clear plastic plates and utensils.
  • edited December 2011
    It doesn't matter that we're having a "low budget" weddingIt doesn't matter that we're having a pig roast and fried chicken on disposable plates It doesn't matter that we aren't going to have a lot of alcohol
  • edited December 2011
    It doesn't matter that my venue provides a lot of things for us - it will stille uniquely oursIt doesn't matter that we're not serving hard liquor, beer and wine and champagne should be enough to keep the fun going!It doesn't matter that I'm not having a bridal luncheon.  I am out of money and my bridesmaid are completely fine with that.It doesn't matter that Justin and I have agreed to keep our bachlor/ette parties clean.  It goes along with our faith and we'll have just as much fun without naked men/women dancing in our faces
  • Buttercup509Buttercup509 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It didn't matter that we weren't married in a church. God is everywhere. It didn't matter if there were a few extra "yes"s on my RSVPs because it all balanced out in the end.It didn't matter that I didn't do favors.  If anyone noticed they never said anything to me.It didn't matter that my flowers weren't exactly how I wanted them.  They were still gorgeous and there was no way I could've had that many orchids if our friend hadn't helped us out.  I'm grateful he did.It didn't matter that we left in our car, even though while I was planning I thought that would be terrible.
  • stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It didn't matter that I went to sleep at 10:00 the night before my wedding.  That doesn't make me boring, I just need sleep! It didn't matter that we didn't serve any alcohol except some champagne.  It didn't matter that my husband tried to do a dance routine with his brothers and failed miserably.  At least it was fun to watch!It didn't matter that I didn't have a brunch for the families the next day.  We wanted to start our honeymoon the next day. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It doesn't matter if I might be rocking a baby bump at my wedding. 
  • edited December 2011
    LOL @ Apple! :)
  • stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is totally off-topic, but Buttercup, your husband looks just like Jerry Seinfeld, especially with the sweater!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol :pIt *might* matter that I may not fit into my dress o.O
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It doesn't matter that I've been married and had a wedding before.  This feels like the very first time.
  • Buttercup509Buttercup509 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Steph - I thought that too when I made that pic, but he normally doesn't.
  • edited December 2011
    -It didn't matter how many ppl my MIL added to the list. It was a rocking good party with lots of folks -My cake didn't have flowers on it. Who cares. -It didn't matter that my photog was incompetent. I'm married, have great memories, and will move on happily married. -It didn't matter that I didn't "cut corners" in some places. My wedding and I'm not in debt. -It didn't matter that Jeff didn't get me a guest list ASAP, people got invited and came.
  • edited December 2011
    It won't matter if my reception will be dry, in the end I'm saving moneyIt won't matter if I don't get married at a church, I'm a christian and God knows itIt won't matter if I won't be serving a 3 course meal, the guests will be fedIt won't matter if I don't send out expensive custom invites. The word will get out.
  • edited December 2011
    It didn't matter that I put "and guest" on an outer envelope. People didn't have to question whether they could bring a guest or not.It didn't matter that I put our wedding web address on the invitation. No one cares about those things.It didn't matter that I didn't have a florist. Making my own bouquet and bouts was easy and sooo much cheaper. It didn't matter what my shoes looked like. No one sees them.It didn't matter that I didn't give favors.It didn't matter that I after the wedding we went back to our house, had some snacks, and fell asleep.
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SCbride - roast pig and fried chicken sounds awesome!!
  • l33annal33anna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It doesn't matter if I don't have chair covers...the chairs are nice and I will be too busy to pay attention if they don't all match.It doesn't matter that I am using Forever Stamps...They will be trashed afterwards.It doesn't matter that we will be having our rehearsal dinner at home, we are saving money and will be able to hang out with our friends and family! That is what counts!It doesn't matter if we leave in our own car...it is our cheap mode of transportation...and that we will be going home to our bed afterwards! We will probably be too tired anywho...Sexy time is overrated. ;)
  • edited December 2011
    It doesn't matter if we don't go on our HM right after. We will still go a few months later. It doesn't matter if we don't get chair sashes, its a added cost.
  • LindsifiteLindsifite member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These were so fun to read! Getting married in May 2010.. But it won't matter if we are not married in a church. God knows our hearts and knows that we are taking our vows for Him to see, along with our family and friends. It doesn't matter that we can't have margaritas, B/W/C will be just fine! I like all three! Ha!It doesn't matter that we are not spending thousands of dollars on photography, I am so excited about the deal we found and can't wait for the pictures! It doesn't matter that we are not having a sit-down meal for an evening reception. We will have plenty of food and drink and cake to go around.
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It didn't matter that Bill's parents hate me.  He still married me.  (Some day, this might actually sink in).It didn't matter that a mother's corsage went missing.  I had an awesome friend who offered to give up hers and I still love my florist.  And no one knew about it but me, my MOH, my mom and my MOH's sister.  It didn't matter that my ILs sat at their table all night long.  Our friends have nothing but nice things to say about the wedding, the reception and my parents.  It doesn't matter that my ILs talk to Bill every Sunday night but have never asked to talk to me.  I know that I'm way better off. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards