Snarky Brides

Maybe a little mean...

So I have been watching a lot of wedding shows recently and just saw two episodes of Four Weddings. I love seeing different traditions and ideas and such... HOWEVER...has anyone noticed how sloppy some of these brides walk down the aisle!?!? Stand up straight and poised, take your time...you aren't a quarterback!!! It's your moment in the spotlight! Am I crazy or have any of you also noticed this???

Re: Maybe a little mean...

• Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2011
    I aint never seen that show.  I aint be walking like that n-e-ways. 

ETA: Sneaky changing your OP.........I saw it, lol.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_maybe-little-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7440607e-914a-449e-851f-865a2a82b349Post:7e2d99c2-568d-4a5e-b86a-b069f5ffd742">Re: Maybe a little mean...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ooh, how did she change it?
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

You can just go back and edit.  Now my post looks dumb.  Oh well.  She originally said "You aint a quarterback".
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Hahaha no wonder your post confused me blue.
  • Wait what?! I said "ain't"??? hahaha..I can guarantee that was never in my post.
  • That's what I mean though..it is YOUR runway for that moment! IDK...now I will probably trip and fall for saying it LOL!!

• I didn't edit anything!
  • I can kinda see OP's point... I'm planning on using all the good posture I learned from ballroom dancing and being in choirs on my way down the aisle.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Lol! I was just watching some clips from that show tonight... have you seen the British one where the girl decides to get married "au natural"??? That's poise for you...

"He who laughs at himself never runs out of things to laugh at."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_maybe-little-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7440607e-914a-449e-851f-865a2a82b349Post:46cfdcbb-0b70-4bcf-bdc6-e5540ed04fda">Maybe a little mean...</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I have been watching a lot of wedding shows recently and just saw two episodes of Four Weddings. I love seeing different traditions and ideas and such... HOWEVER...has anyone noticed how sloppy some of these brides walk down the aisle!?!? Stand up straight and poised, take your time...you aren't a quarterback!!! It's your moment in the spotlight! Am I crazy or have any of you also noticed this???
    Posted by pinkrn19[/QUOTE]

I personally will probably be one of those brides. I never was poised and graceful. I have horrible posture anyway. I will be super nervous and shy. I'll be really emotional. I'll try my best not to look like a wreck though ;)

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_maybe-little-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7440607e-914a-449e-851f-865a2a82b349Post:80f5f01d-de3b-4ba9-945b-b2a6b172a063">Re: Maybe a little mean...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Maybe a little mean... : I personally will probably be one of those brides. I never was poised and graceful. I have horrible posture anyway. I will be super nervous and shy. I'll be really emotional. I'll try my best not to look like a wreck though ;)
    Posted by mstar284[/QUOTE]

This will probably be me. I would love to be poised but it's doubtful. For some people, like me, you just can't help it. Being really shy is hard.
  • I'm with CS. I didn't see the episode but my guess is that the bride was very nervous or shy and didn't particularly want to be in the spotlight. Not all brides walk down the aisle/do the ceremony going "omg I'm in the spotlight yay!" and may be going through a defensive posture without thinking about it.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_maybe-little-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7440607e-914a-449e-851f-865a2a82b349Post:542dc9d0-8a3e-43dd-97ec-7cc648995275">Re: Maybe a little mean...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can kinda see OP's point... I'm planning on using all the good posture I learned from ballroom dancing and being in choirs on my way down the aisle.
    Posted by sarah0725[/QUOTE]

Agreed. My posture isn't the greatest (despite years and years of ballet), but I'm definitely going to try my hardest to make sure I'm standing straight down the aisle, during the ceremony & in pictures. I know I'm also going to have to remind myself to walk slowly and not speed down the aisle. 

Maybe I should assign a someone to be my "posture attendent" for the day? I'm sure they would be honored!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • If how the bride walk down the aisle is the biggest thing that bugs you about that show, then you aren't watching carefully enough.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_maybe-little-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7440607e-914a-449e-851f-865a2a82b349Post:bf55c000-9d8d-41a6-aac4-a33c961de384">Re: Maybe a little mean...</a>:
    [QUOTE]If how the bride walk down the aisle is the biggest thing that bugs you about that show, then you aren't watching carefully enough.
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, probably. lol</div>
  • bstentbstent member
    First Comment
    Oh my gosh just watched the "au naturel" wedding... could you imagine??? Props to her and all her guests for their body confidence, imagine receiving that invite in the mail?
  • mnsearsmnsears member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_maybe-little-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7440607e-914a-449e-851f-865a2a82b349Post:d2858249-af34-4688-932c-37723f38a75c">Re: Maybe a little mean...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maybe a little mean... : Agreed. My posture isn't the greatest (despite years and years of ballet), but I'm definitely going to try my hardest to make sure I'm standing straight down the aisle, during the ceremony & in pictures. I know I'm also going to have to remind myself to walk slowly and not speed down the aisle.  Maybe I should assign a someone to be my "posture attendent" for the day? I'm sure they would be honored!
    Posted by Nina0528[/QUOTE]

SAME. 16 years of ballet and I walk like an ape. I've already told my mom and BMs so slap me in the ass if I'm slouchy. I just have to remind myself that you look skinnier if you stand up straight.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards