Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

NWR: health question

All week I've been having this weird pressure between my lower ribs.  I'm really not sure how to describe it... it's just like that area is inflated or being compressed?  Has anyone ever had anything like this?  I can't seem to find any causes online.  All the things about rib discomfort are about either left or right side discomfort and this is right in the middle.  I've had a lot of digestive problems growing up (nothing too serious), but I've never really felt this before.It's more annoying than painful, but I guess if it doesn't go away, then I'll go check with a doctor.  Just thought I'd see if anyone had ever had a similar discomfort.

Re: NWR: health question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried immodium or gas-x?  It could just be gas pains...I'm no doctor, but that's usually what it when I have those pains.
  • Options
    dorieNaildorieNail member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    upper bloating? def sounds like a digestive problem you might want to look that up instead of the whole rib play. ill do some researching for you, i have loads of books :) Questions to answer :1) does it hurt when you don't eat more?2) or when you do eat?3) or both?I guess what I am asking is when is it flaring? am, pm, before, after, during meals?and what KIND of pain is it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's really more of a dull pressure than a pain.  Eating doesn't really change it. It does feel similar to just normal bloating, but it's a little sharper and more persistant. I'll have to try some gas medication and see if that makes a difference.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When you eat at night and lay down.. is there any tightness in your chest? or integestion? I know I am asking a million questions, but it is sounding a lot like acid reflux. It is more sever than people think it is and causes a LOT of discomfort. If this rings bells, I would set up a dr appt and tell him all of the symptoms. All signs are going to point to GERD, which he'll than rx you the "purple" pill :) it helps, I promise. I take it twice a day!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well, also, depending on the meds you might've taken or food you might've eaten, if it isn't gas, it sounds more like a newly born ulcer. If it is an ulcer, in a few days, eating will worsen it, then make it feel better. It will be a great rollercoaster of pain and discomfort. I hope you feel better. Not much more I can give you without knowing for a few days what is going on with you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have had some indigestion and a little bit of queasiness (sp?) after I eat, but I haven't actually gotten sick. I had a doctor give me some samples of the purple pill awhile ago when I was having some other digestive problems.  I didn't take them all at the time, I'll have to see if I still have any. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It doesn't sound like GERD to me.  I know a few people who have it and the problems are not in the lower abdomen/lower rib area, they're usually in the upper abdomen and usually heartburn occurs.  Of course, I don't mean to say I know anything-I don't work in a doctors office and I'm no medicine man...but what Alyssa has doesn't sound like GERD to me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess I'll try taking some antacids and see if I still have any of my purple pills and if I'm still feeling off then I'll make an appointment with my doctor next week.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you can't find your purple pill, you can get prilosec OTC.  It's pretty much the same thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards