Snarky Brides

Designer drugs

2»

Re: Designer drugs

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_designer-drugs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:781db36f-db03-496a-a7f9-3815c580d23aPost:8aa69edf-c950-4373-a86b-7b9aa56ff12d">Re: Designer drugs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never heard of any of this salvia or synthetic THC before.
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]
    Me either.  I feel lame :P.
  • reddy123reddy123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    Also, just to clarify, Salvia is a psychoactive plant, not comparable to synthetic pot which is just various man made bean stalk plants mixed with THC components.
    Photobucket
  • Possession of a small amount of marijuana has been decriminalized in MN. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • J&K, I've had D!ck in a Box stuck in my head since you changed your sig. I wish I was good with photoshop...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_designer-drugs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:781db36f-db03-496a-a7f9-3815c580d23aPost:dd841cb7-681b-457b-ade0-30ca31694766">Re: Designer drugs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Possession of a small amount of marijuana has been decriminalized in MN. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]
    Really? That's cool. Around here if you had even a trace, the cops won't hesitate to arrest you. And yet the child beater down the street still hasn't been arrested. Ugh.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_designer-drugs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:781db36f-db03-496a-a7f9-3815c580d23aPost:dd841cb7-681b-457b-ade0-30ca31694766">Re: Designer drugs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Possession of a small amount of marijuana has been decriminalized in MN. 

<div>Really, truly? I'm going to have to look this up. (Not that I don't believe you, I'm just amazed it passed, when it won't pass in OR or CA)</div>
    Photobucket
  • MILF, DDP Kitty is not amused.

Yeah, I mean, you still get a ticket and all that jazz, but it's like a speeding ticket.  You don't get arrested, you don't go to court (unless you want to fight it), you just pay your ticket.  It's a pretty small amount (can't remember off the top of my head and I'm too lazy to look in the statutes right now), but yeah.

• It's muh cat in a box!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2010
    I am of the belief that pot is far less harmfull than alcohol. The health risks associated with alcohol are far greater than smoking pot. The temperment of people who have smoked pot are far more subdued and relaxed than drunks (less likely hood of fighting, etc). You cant (well, you can but youd have to smoke a shitton) OD on pot, you dont black out or lose conciousness from pot, you can still function normally while high on pot. Its just vastly different. The fact that it can also ease pain in people who are sick - I dont see alcohol helping cancer patients...
  • I totally agree with everything nebb said, and the last line made me chuckle, thinking about alcohol dispensaries for patients... wait, aren't those bars? 

The funny thing is around 1950 my grandfather went to the doctor and described clinical depression to a tee. The doctor took out his pad and wrote him a prescription for 2 martinis per night. It's funny to me how much science/culture changes what's good for us.
    Photobucket
  • AATB, I just realized I had a little reading comprehension issue up there. Sorry bout that.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Synthetic and Salvia both did nothing for me.  I smoked pot for 18 years.  I started when I was 13 and quit just last year.  Not for any particular reason, just because I decided it was time.

I played around with some other substances between the ages of 20 and 22 when I first got into the Rave scene.  I definitely can't say pot led me to do anything else or had any influence on me trying other things.  I can say being around other things and becoming comfortable with them played a huge part in me trying some stuff out.  Luckily it only took me a short amount of time to realize I had more fun when I could remember what happened.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_designer-drugs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:781db36f-db03-496a-a7f9-3815c580d23aPost:7ed537db-6b2c-4fe2-a088-d70a82aafeb1">Re: Designer drugs</a>:
    [QUOTE]AATB, I just realized I had a little reading comprehension issue up there. Sorry bout that.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

Aaaaand, I just got to this part :) No worries.
    panther
  • CvilleClaireCvilleClaire member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2010
    Aw, I'm bummed I missed this converation.  Can I share my take anyway?

I'm for the decriminalization of pot and for easier access to medicinal marijuana.  My fear with legalization is that companies could swoop in and do to weed what was done to tobacco. From what I understand, each year, these companies comeout with new forumulas with more chemicals that allow their products to be more addictive than ever.  That industry has had disasterous effects on the health and finances of so many people.

As for salvia, I believe your experience with it is tied to your mindset and expectations going into it.  I had one friend who enjoyed using it immensely.  He said he completely understood why some might have used it as part of religious experiences.  He would freeze, with a smile on his face, abot about 30 seconds.  When he came out of it, he said he felt as if he had been under its influence for far, far longer than that.

K2 seems like a step in the wrong direction.  I wouldn't find a synthetic version of something natural all that appealing...unless I was a kid who was afraid of getting caught by my parents. :)

I never tried it, but others in the same circle who did found it pleasant, but weren't as enthusiastic as he. FWIW, they used a liquid extract, which would probably be more potent then other methods of delivery.

I have a feeling it could trigger a lot of control issues, if someone has them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_designer-drugs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:781db36f-db03-496a-a7f9-3815c580d23aPost:158056c6-3548-4e6d-a293-6b945176cbad">Re: Designer drugs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw, I'm bummed I missed this converation.  Can I share my take anyway? I'm for the decriminalization of pot and for easier access to medicinal marijuana.  My fear with legalization is that companies could swoop in and do to weed what was done to tobacco. From what I understand, each year, these companies comeout with new forumulas with more chemicals that allow their products to be more addictive than ever.  That industry has had disasterous effects on the health and finances of so many people. As for salvia, I believe your experience with it is tied to your mindset and expectations going into it.  I had one friend who enjoyed using it immensely.  He said he completely understood why some might have used it as part of religious experiences.  He would freeze, with a smile on his face, abot about 30 seconds.  When he came out of it, he said he felt as if he had been under its influence for far, far longer than that. K2 seems like a step in the wrong direction.  I wouldn't find a synthetic version of something natural all that appealing...unless I was a kid who was afraid of getting caught by my parents. :) I never tried it, but others in the same circle who did found it pleasant, but weren't as enthusiastic as he. FWIW, they used a liquid extract, which would probably be more potent then other methods of delivery.<strong> I have a feeling it could trigger a lot of control issues, if someone has them.</strong>
    Posted by CvilleClaire[/QUOTE]

What do you mean?  In what way?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_designer-drugs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:781db36f-db03-496a-a7f9-3815c580d23aPost:5930ee98-d3d4-438a-ba94-a0f96001ad28">Re: Designer drugs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Designer drugs : What do you mean?  In what way?
    From the description I heard from that friend who enjoyed salvia, it sounds like the "break" experienced is far more intense that one that may be experienced using other hallucinogens.  He found relinquishing control in that way to be almost therapeutic. 

Again, I'm not speaking from experience, so this is just my perception.  I could be very wrong.
  • Ah, got it.  I just had no idea what you were talking about, because without the context, it didn't make much sense to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards