Snarky Brides

Morning Ladies!

2»

Re: Morning Ladies!

• Retreat and Vegas just don't seem to mesh in my mind.  :)  But, it does sound like my kind of "retreat" so enjoy Cew. 

I'm very excited that it was less than 90 degrees when I woke up this morning.  I have to drive 2 hours to see anything resembling fall conditions so I'll take what I can get heat wise here. 
  • Thanks ladies! I do enjoy being here but it's always for work, so not much play for me. I did get an awesome room upgrade, though. I am in the corner suite with two bathrooms, a full kitchen and a washer dryer! KD, if you do get out here with your h, let me know and I'll give you some hotel / food recs.
  • Very true, girlie. The retreat is actually 2 hours away in the desert. Some place called Alamo.
  • I enjoyed Vegas when I went. H has never been so we want to go back together. Or he may end up going with his BFF for a bachelor party.
  • And I have decided that Obama is stalking me because he is here every time I am.
  • That makes more sense Cew.  Lake Las Vegas is really nice too if you have any say in the next retreat. 
  • I have heard it is awesome!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-ladies-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:783b9551-f353-4a6b-b4ca-17e2e25ff5edPost:114bf53d-7fd2-4a78-a3a3-7e40fe5993fe">Re:Morning Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies! I do enjoy being here but it's always for work, so not much play for me. I did get an awesome room upgrade, though. I am in the corner suite with two bathrooms, a full kitchen and a washer dryer! KD, if you do get out here with your h, let me know and I'll give you some hotel / food recs.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Thanks! His corporate usually puts them at MGM,but we're all about the food!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hi guys!

My husband is home from deployment! I still havent' gotten the phone call to go get him but I know the boat pulled in early this morning. Hopefully he'll call soon.

I get him for, at least, the next 4 months!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • H & I spent 2 nights here http://www.ravellavegas.com/ for our anniversary this year at Lake Las Vegas.  It's enough like Vegas for fun but without the crowds. 
  • Yay Hike!!
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • HIKE!!! That is awesome!!!!!!!

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Figures I decide to post and my knot breaks. I can't see what people are posting anymore. Ugh.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-ladies-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:783b9551-f353-4a6b-b4ca-17e2e25ff5edPost:4e5fe3fc-c13c-4ab2-9bd4-c73a3e3dda88">Re: Morning Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi guys! My husband is home from deployment! I still havent' gotten the phone call to go get him but I know the boat pulled in early this morning. Hopefully he'll call soon. I get him for, at least, the next 4 months!
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

HIKE THAT IS AWESOME!

I do say I sure look up to military wives, you guys have it rough. Everytime someone asks me if I'm bothered by H traveling so much, I remind them at least it's not for months or years. It's only a week! I'm not sure how I would have held up during his Navy days.
  • I'm so happy for you Hike!
  • LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Ahhhh, my knot is working again.

Thanks guys. I'm a mix of nervous and excited.. and a bit pissed off. They weren't supposed to come home until Friday and a few wives knew it changed to today but decided to only tell a select group. I wasn't included so I had no idea.

Fuucking bitches.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-ladies-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:783b9551-f353-4a6b-b4ca-17e2e25ff5edPost:9cf8b48e-4eae-49aa-b2f9-f8ac6ce4ea60">Re: Morning Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ahhhh, my knot is working again. Thanks guys. I'm a mix of nervous and excited.. and a bit pissed off. They weren't supposed to come home until Friday and a few wives knew it changed to today but decided to only tell a select group. I wasn't included so I had no idea. <strong>Fuucking bitches</strong>.

Ditto this. What twats!
  • Yay. LHT. That's awesome and exciting. Enjoy your time with him.
  • At the next meeting, I will be asking how they found out and why it wasn't shared with everyone. I'm so sick of their crap. I don't think they will recognize me when my inner asshole comes out.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • LHT. I'm so sorry you're dealing with that. I think I remember you talking about how not welcoming the ladies group was to you. Do I remember that right?
  • Yup. 

I have a few friends here but we were the ones left out of the loop. I guess, in the long run, I'd rather be left out than be one of the ones in the gossip. This way, I'll never be in a position to get H in trouble. 

The rules just changed and from now on, everything is classified. We will never know a homecoming date and we'll never get a phone call before they get in. 

If I'm out of the loop then my name will never come up as someone who broke the rule or gossiped and then H won't be penalized. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-ladies-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:783b9551-f353-4a6b-b4ca-17e2e25ff5edPost:da57b766-ee8f-4782-a112-d72bd8cece77">Re: Morning Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yup.  I have a few friends here but we were the ones left out of the loop. I guess, in the long run, I'd rather be left out than be one of the ones in the gossip. This way, I'll never be in a position to get H in trouble.  The rules just changed and from now on, everything is classified. We will never know a homecoming date and we'll never get a phone call before they get in.  If I'm out of the loop then my name will never come up as someone who broke the rule or gossiped and then H won't be penalized. 

This is a great way to look at it, but they are still a bunch of b!tches.
  • In Response to Re:Morning Ladies!:[QUOTE]Hi guys!My husband is home from deployment! I still havent' gotten the phone call to go get him but I know the boat pulled in early this morning. Hopefully he'll call soon.I get him for, at least, the next 4 months! Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

That's awesome!
  • LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Haha kd. 

Yes, yes they are. I hopep karma gives it to them good one day.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey Cew, how's the Bman doing? Did he start school yet?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-ladies-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:783b9551-f353-4a6b-b4ca-17e2e25ff5edPost:0c4f397f-56fe-4a87-b9a6-ca20064b8ba1">Re: Morning Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning Ladies! : This is a great way to look at it, but they are still a bunch of b!tches.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

This, exactly. 
  • Hike-

You are such a better person than them. What a bunch of bitches.  I am so glad your H is back though. That is so wonderful!

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards