Snarky Brides
Options

bleh

word of the day: BLEH.

long story short, it was a loooooooooong weekend...

if someone can change my word of the day from BLEH to at least a little miniscule "yay!'..i'll be forever in your debt

thanks, in advance :)

Re: bleh

• Options
    OP - here's my day so far.

My first news assignment was to a press conference with some food bank people.  They gave me the wrong address, so I was late to the press conference.  When I got there, they were standing in a field.  A fucking press conference in a field, after its been raining all weekend.  Genius.

My fiance and I got rear ended this weekend (by my sister, I posted about it this weekend) and today is the first day I feel markedly better - though my neck is still killing me.  On top of that, I'm getting my period (TMI?  I couldn't give less of a shiit right now) and the fact that my vagina will begin to hemmorhage soon makes me moody, grouchy and all around not a very nice person. 

Oh, and all my co-workers are middle aged men - one of whom says that if I want to make my neck feel better, I should just consume raw cream.  Idiot.

So just know, you're not the only one having a shitty day :)
    panther
  • Options
    Awww thanks everyone!
    And AATB, I know.  Oooh trust me I know.  And I'm sorry about your day as well!
    It's not even me that everything bad is directed at.  I'm just the friend in everyone's situation, and it's tough.  Especially when a lot of it is dealing with "friends"  at work. So I'm stuck staring at stupid person's face all day when all I want to do is rip it off...
    *rant*
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bleh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:784193f4-3120-4efd-a356-6b5a86e1f5dfPost:18828d06-f070-4fc8-9e40-0104bfd1fd59">Re: bleh</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awww thanks everyone! And AATB, I know.  Oooh trust me I know.  And I'm sorry about your day as well! It's not even me that everything bad is directed at.  I'm just the friend in everyone's situation, and it's tough.  Especially when a lot of it is dealing with "friends"  at work. <strong>So I'm stuck staring at stupid person's face all day when all I want to do is rip it off... *rant*
    </strong>Posted by *tiffbot*1985*[/QUOTE]

Danggg why don't you just come on over and I'll pour you a glass of wine and it'll all go away lol
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your car accident, AATB!  I hope you're feeling better soon.  And I hope that idiot wasn't a leacherous old man referring to 'raw cream'.

You've already got a kitten, so here's a puppy
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    haha jenny...sounds WONDERFUL!!
    I might need more than a glass tho..haha!
  • Options
    If it were socially acceptable (ah, hell, if it wasn't against company policy) I'd be doing whiskey shots at my desk right now in order to get myself through the rest of this God-forsaken day.
    panther
  • Options
    My day is "BLEH," too.  I'm glad to see the cute animal pictures.

I'm a teacher, came home from school at 3:30, and cracked open a beer.  That improved my day a bit. 
  • Options
    Thanks jenny :)

saxy FTW!
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bleh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:784193f4-3120-4efd-a356-6b5a86e1f5dfPost:21dfb70a-574d-4f2c-abde-c70e6ba9f66d">Re: bleh</a>:
    [QUOTE]My day is "BLEH," too.  I'm glad to see the cute animal pictures. I'm a teacher, came home from school at 3:30, and cracked open a beer.  That improved my day a bit. 
    Posted by saxy414[/QUOTE]
    How's the school year going, Saxy?  Although, this post might answer that question already :P
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bleh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:784193f4-3120-4efd-a356-6b5a86e1f5dfPost:6c4b4cc9-6dc2-4330-b055-1834ce235fcc">Re: bleh</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: bleh : How's the school year going, Saxy?  Although, this post might answer that question already :P
    Posted by npasquale16[/QUOTE]

Haha...actually, it's going well.  I'm stressed because I still haven't 100% figured out what's going on with what I'm teaching, but it's getting there.  I really do love my job. :-)

Today was just a weird day--coming back from a 3-day weekend, and we had a death in the staff over the weekend (it was expected, but still very sad), and school is cancelled Thursday for the funeral, so it was all kinds of crazy today. 

But thank you for asking!  Has your copier situation gotten better? 
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bleh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:784193f4-3120-4efd-a356-6b5a86e1f5dfPost:ff8dbf3d-26a1-4ff1-83eb-17eafcafd416">Re: bleh</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: bleh : Haha...actually, it's going well.  I'm stressed because I still haven't 100% figured out what's going on with what I'm teaching, but it's getting there.  I really do love my job. :-) Today was just a weird day--coming back from a 3-day weekend, and we had a death in the staff over the weekend (it was expected, but still very sad), and school is cancelled Thursday for the funeral, so it was all kinds of crazy today.  But thank you for asking!  Has your copier situation gotten better? 
    Posted by saxy414[/QUOTE]
    That's good to hear!  It sounds like you're doing a great job!

The copiers are working!  I almost can't believe and I'm a little afraid to talk about it, in case I jinx it :)

ETA: Omg about the death in the faculty.  That's terrible!!  We're off on Thursday as well, but in observance of the Jewish holiday. 
  • Options
    I'm so tired today it's ridiculous. I was processing student forms from 8:30am until 4pm. We have 1828 students (so far) in the school and somehow my department was given the task of processing the guidance forms instead of a dept like, oh I don't know, guidance?
    At least I'm car pooling with dad tomorrow so I can nap on the way there and back. I think I'll need it!
  • Options
    Boooo Scott has to work 10pm Thursday until 8am Friday. That makes me sad since he'll be asleep when I get home Thursday and Friday :( I've also never slept in this house without him here so that's going to be a restless night.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bleh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:784193f4-3120-4efd-a356-6b5a86e1f5dfPost:8817eb54-7242-4ac7-81f2-137200ad0a0d">Re: bleh</a>:
    [QUOTE]Boooo Scott has to work 10pm Thursday until 8am Friday. That makes me sad since he'll be asleep when I get home Thursday and Friday :( I've also never slept in this house without him here so that's going to be a restless night.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry :-(  I also hate sleeping alone.  FI has been gone 3 of the last 4 weeks for job training, and for a good bit of it I've stayed at my parents.  I feel like the lamest 24 year old out there for having to run to mom and dad, but at least I get a good night of sleep. 

I remember you mentioning a possible job change for him--has that gone anywhere? 
  • Options
    Oh Katie, that sucks.  FI and I were just talking the other day about how we didn't know what we would do if one of us worked a job that required us to be apart like this on a regular basis with so much travel.  I really admire couples who do that, and I really hope something works out for you guys soon. 

Also...the overqualified thing seems like crap.  I would think companies would be thrilled to have overqualified candidates--but I can see how it could be a bad thing for them with pay increases and bored employees and whatever else.  But still.  My fingers are crossed for you. 
  • Options
    That's the sad thing. The position was what he wanted. He's sick of managing pepole and dealing with all the corporate bull and just wanted to get a job as a forklift operator in a warehouse. The base starting pay was 16.50-22 an hour which is more than he's making now. It's like "No really, I'm perfectly happy to make the minimum, I promise."

When I switched jobs I definitely got the "You are over qualified" comment because I would be taking a $15k pay cut. Luckily they brought it up at the interview so I was able to talk about wanting to work for education, getting out of retail, learning new skills, blah de blah.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards