Snarky Brides
Options

Dinner ideas - pollish

1) What's for dinner tonight?

2) I am craving mashed potatoes and gravy, but need something to go with it. The only meat item really on sale this week at the store is turkey. I don't want to cook a whole damn turkey. What do you like with your mashed potatoes?

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko

Re: Dinner ideas - pollish

• Options

Pot roast, hambuger steaks, fried country steak, or ham steaks

• Options
    More mashed potatoes sounds delicious. I would actually totally do that!

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    I'm about to start my corn chowder :)

I'd probably make something with beef to go with mashed potatoes.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2010
    1) What's for dinner tonight?
    -creamy chicken and wild rice soup was just put in the crock pot

2) I am craving mashed potatoes and gravy, but need something to go with it. The only meat item really on sale this week at the store is turkey. I don't want to cook a whole damn turkey. What do you like with your mashed potatoes?
    -fried chicken, meatloaf, Salisbury steak
  • Options
    1. I am not sure yet. Last night I made tacos with ground turkey.

2. When I started thinking about what goes with mashed potatoes and gravy the first thing I thought of was KFC. Ha. H normally does pot roast with his potatoes. I am not a huge fan of roast, but that's all I got right now.
  • Options
    I'm still deciding on tonight, but FI is making me flank steak with caramelized onions and dried cherries, with mashed potatoes and asparagus for my birthday dinner on Tuesday. Woot!
  • Options
    Yeah, steak or some other kind of beef is what I'm leaning toward. MrsJesse's dinner sounds good! I'm in a comfort food type of mood today.

Corn chowder is the shitt, B. You must share your recipe sometime.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dinner-ideas-pollish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:789e3e1d-f203-4c53-991f-f02b4e7a67c4Post:b753afce-19a4-447b-9594-c744753f4d4a">Re: Dinner ideas - pollish</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm still deciding on tonight, but FI is making me flank steak with caramelized onions and dried cherries, with mashed potatoes and asparagus for my birthday dinner on Tuesday. Woot!
    Posted by cupcakesfrosting[/QUOTE]

That sounds wonderful! What a nice FI you have.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dinner-ideas-pollish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:789e3e1d-f203-4c53-991f-f02b4e7a67c4Post:5ae6004f-bf7a-4ea4-909c-18bd83858ac1">Re: Dinner ideas - pollish</a>:
    [QUOTE]Corn chowder is the shitt, B. You must share your recipe sometime.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]
    Check out the Good Morning thread :)
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I'd go with steak. Steak + mashed potatoes = awesome.

As for dinner for me tonight, my dad and I are going to go out somewhere. We are in the rather odd situation of being the only two people in the family house right now, so we're going to do something together.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    1. No idea. Probably soup.

2. I love mashed potatoes and gravy. I like to make baked lemon-garlic chicken breasts with broccoli and cheese sauce with mah potatoes.
  • Options
    Yum, I am drooling Mag and Any! Mag, perhaps a spicy burger will help move things along? :)

Sarah, have fun with your dad!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dinner-ideas-pollish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:789e3e1d-f203-4c53-991f-f02b4e7a67c4Post:274e8494-3088-46cd-a5f7-dd8cafcb32a6">Re: Dinner ideas - pollish</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. No idea. Probably soup. 2. I love mashed potatoes and gravy. I like to make baked lemon-garlic chicken breasts with broccoli and cheese sauce with mah potatoes.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

That sounds really good.
  • Options
    AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dinner-ideas-pollish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:789e3e1d-f203-4c53-991f-f02b4e7a67c4Post:bee53704-d792-44df-8c78-dcabd8865f36">Re: Dinner ideas - pollish</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dinner ideas - pollish : That sounds really good.
    Posted by KaylaSue19[/QUOTE]

<div>It's pretty much my favourite meal ever. In fact, I think I'll have it for dinner, lol.</div>
  • Options
    I made meatloaf and mashed potatoes last night. It was pretty gosh darn good.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dinner-ideas-pollish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:789e3e1d-f203-4c53-991f-f02b4e7a67c4Post:0b611ae7-ea97-40b4-843a-54db2c8d0d1e">Re: Dinner ideas - pollish</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dinner ideas - pollish : It's pretty much my favourite meal ever. In fact, I think I'll have it for dinner, lol.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

I can understand that.
  • Options
    Well, I'm inspired! Thanks guys, and enjoy your tasty dinners! I'm off to the store.

• Options
    I love the Emeril recipe for Salisbury steak!  I have a simpler recipe but this one is ridiculous and blows mine out of the water.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/emerilized-salisbury-steak-with-mushroom-gravy-and-roast-garlic-mashed-potatoes-recipe/index.html

*I did get the living room all rearranged but have yet to find places for some piles of things (that include to-be-wrapped gifts and decor things that will have to wait until after Thanksgiving)  I'll finish up tomorrow while H is at work.  I don't like to work all day when he's home. But the main goal was reached. i now have it arranged so that there is room for the big table to be put up for Thanksgiving and room for the future X-mas tree by the window.
  • Options
    For dinner tonight, we dine on venison backstrap with a black cherry currant sauce (premade from a jar, no idea what else to use it on), acorn squash with bacon, and some spinach with tomatoes and feta probably.

To go with mashed potatoes, I'd do the steak option, or anything beefy.  Since winter's here, it's time for food that sticks to your ribs.
  • Options

One answer for both questions, CHICKEN MARSALA. I make it much healthier than the restaurant variety, but it is so freaking good over mashed potatoes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards