Snarky Brides

It's WAY to early!

I've been up since 5:50AM and I have a headache. I really hate it when husband is traveling.

Last night Atticus and I had fun at class, he does so well when his ADD isnt in full swing. Off to get ready for work, boss is taking us to lunch today, I'm so exicted!

How is your day ladies?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: It's WAY to early!

• Aww! I hope the headache goes away before lunch. I took the day off just to relax and run errands and now I am wake earlier than I usually wake up to go to work so, I am annoyed. I am hoping to sleep a little more before I head out. What kind of lunch are you getting? I am trying to diet, but, we are having a bday party for my aunt tonight with pizza. Pizza is one of my weaknesses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay for being treated to lunch, kd!

afez (yes, I know that's not your name but it's what I see when I look at it), doesn't it seem that's how it always works?  You take a day off to relax and wake up at an ungodly hour.

I'm back at work today and am immediately regretting my decision to come in.  Today is the worst pain I've had thus far and I'm pretty sure it's due to the follow up I had yesterday where they insisted on doing a cleaning as well.  Blah.  We'll see how long I last.  Everybody is making fun of me because I can't talk very well or smile.  Jerks.

In other news, H came home early from work last night and took me to Joann's to get some fall stuff to craft.  They had a bunch of vases and pottery type pieces that I have been looking for for our mantle on sale for 50% off clearance price.  I scored two huge pieces for $3 each.  I'm pretty excited that my house is starting to look like my favorite time of year!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Good Morning!

Sorry you guys are in pain, that's no fun.

I have to head to school shortly and I am so not ready to go.  Seems like every day I wake more and more tired.  I need a sleeping vacation.  Just one day to sleep until I'm caught up.  Too bad I don't work that way and my dumb body would wake me up at the same time regardless.

It's unofficially fall here today.  Yesterday was 92F, today's high is 64F and doesn't look like it's hardly crack into the 70's for the next week.  I'm thrilled!  I love sweater weather.
  • Shay- that's the name I'd decreed me yesterday. Haha I love fall. We have had a day or two of fall weather here or there, but, it's gotten hot again.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Anna, I'm super jealous of your weather.  I swear, I live in the wrong state.  H and I want to relocate somewhere north where you actually get a real fall.  Someday...

It was actually a nice cool 72* this morning which was a nice change. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Ok, I'm at work! Followed a woman in that I thought might be drunk by the way she was driving, no she was just applying her make-up, idiot!

Shay-How funny I gave Afez that name yesterday. Sorry you mouth still hurts, how odd that they would insist on doing a cleaning so early after your removal. And woohoo for sale items! I have several crafts going right now. They are actually turning out great, I see Christmas presents!

Anna- I love you and I miss you.

Today is Maggiano's I will probably end up with a salad, since I try to watch my weight.
  • Morning!

Nothing to report here other than today is an incredibly slow day.  We aren't sure if we are doing a certain experiment tomorrow but if we do that will take up the morning and then there are things to do tomorrow afternoon before I leave for 2 weeks.  That means I can't start the one experiment that I could do today because that would need to be finished tomorrow and if we are doing the stuff tomorrow I wont have time.  

That was really confusing.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-way-to-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7aac61cc-0e7e-4db2-b892-1716b65b443dPost:782ef3cf-3e70-4600-86b6-af486e034b99">Re: It's WAY to early!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning all!  I miss you guys.   Shay, that's odd that they'd want to do a cleaning but I'm guessing that means they get paid by insurance so yeah.  Feel better. Anna, you guys get the weird temp swings, too?  I swear, KC has the most unpredictable weather. Kd, you can't go to a place called Maggiano's and get a salad.  NO.  Italian sounds delish.  But I understand; I'm doing my best to cut back on portions right now and better choices.  It sucks but it's necessary. In other news, my H lost his job yesterday so he's searching.  Again.  Gah.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Hey, my weight has been in the upper 160's and if I see progress I'm not backing down now! I save my calories for what I really want. Plus, have you ever had their chopped salad? Delish!

I miss you too!
  • Morning ladies. Im watching the news and im disgusted by what happened in Libya and Egypt yesterday. I don't know why we even bother with those people. They dont want to be saved and honestly i dont think they are worth saving. Let them kill each other off. Hate filled disgusting soulless monsters.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • I just saw that you are going to Maggianos.  That is one of my favorite places.  Now I'm jealous and craving pasta.
  • Oh jcb, I'm so sorry about your H's job.  I hope he find something quickly.  And something he enjoys.

kd, I'm in the process of making this to go over my fireplace. 

And something similar to this with black burlap for a Halloween wreath. I think I'll add some mini bunting that says "Happy Halloween" and some orange accents as well.

lbarr, that would drive me nuts, not knowing what was going on.  
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-way-to-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7aac61cc-0e7e-4db2-b892-1716b65b443dPost:aa98ba0d-2bdd-44be-9038-5ebb199e6ac4">Re: It's WAY to early!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh jcb, I'm so sorry about your H's job.  I hope he find something quickly.  And something he enjoys. kd, I'm in the process of making  this  to go over my fireplace.  And something similar to  this  with black burlap for a Halloween wreath. I think I'll add some mini bunting that says "Happy Halloween" and some orange accents as well. lbarr, that would drive me nuts, not knowing what was going on.  
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

That is SO pretty, and I love that it's "no sew".

JCB- Sorry about Jamie's job, does he have any prospects?

Blue- I cant agree with you more.
  • Blue, I too agree with you.  There comes a point when we just need to bow out of a situation.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-way-to-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7aac61cc-0e7e-4db2-b892-1716b65b443dPost:ab75f093-a034-479a-a6d8-9e417449997a">Re: It's WAY to early!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's WAY to early! : That is SO pretty, and <strong>I love that it's "no sew"</strong>. JCB- Sorry about Jamie's job, does he have any prospects? Blue- I cant agree with you more.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Me too.  I always have issues when I try to sew burlap.  Though I'm also making a runner for our coffee table/ottoman that I'll need to sew, so hopefully it doesn't break another needle.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I would actually really like to take a sewing class and learn more technical things than just the basics that I learned in 8th grade Home Ec.  Those skills have done me well but I'd like to be able to do a little more.  </div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-way-to-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7aac61cc-0e7e-4db2-b892-1716b65b443dPost:258214bc-d2cb-4814-bd22-d40c8dd061e5">Re: It's WAY to early!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's WAY to early! : Me too.  I always have issues when I try to sew burlap.  Though I'm also making a runner for our coffee table/ottoman that I'll need to sew, so hopefully it doesn't break another needle.   I would actually really like to take a sewing class and learn more technical things than just the basics that I learned in 8th grade Home Ec.  Those skills have done me well but I'd like to be able to do a little more.  
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

Yeah you're doing better than I. No sewing skills here, I can sew a button.

I'll just stick with my glue gun.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-way-to-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7aac61cc-0e7e-4db2-b892-1716b65b443dPost:7c02b932-ca64-4763-a679-6aac9103b4e4">Re: It's WAY to early!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Blue, I completely agree.  Why we have any presence in Libya is beyond me.  And I'm pissed too at the arsehole film that supposedly led up to the attack. Kd, nope.  He was really, really hoping that this 'young' company would grow into something.  Back to square one.  
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

We have a presence there because they asked us to come help them.  And when we took out Ghadafi we left them without a leader.  Their interim president is a p*ssy too.  Im so sick of our coutry having to tip toe around these peoples religion.  F*ck them and their "in the name of Allah" bs.

Who cares about the film?  That should be a non-issue.  And if thats the case, they should have attack Isreal not us since its an Israelis film.  He is just living in California.  Like I said, sick of the tip toeing around their religion. 
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-way-to-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7aac61cc-0e7e-4db2-b892-1716b65b443dPost:bd08e2fd-0260-4829-af1e-0330c0ad70dc">Re: It's WAY to early!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's WAY to early! : We have a presence there because they asked us to come help them.  And when we took out Ghadafi we left them without a leader.  Their interim president is a p*ssy too.  Im so sick of our coutry having to tip toe around these peoples religion.  F*ck them and their "in the name of Allah" bs. Who cares about the film?  That should be a non-issue. <strong> And if thats the case, they should have attack Isreal not us since its an Israelis film.  He is just living in California.  Like I said, sick of the tip toeing around their religion. 
    </strong>Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

But you are being logical and rational Blue, we all know there is no rationalizing with these people.
  • Good morning!

It's currently 57* and raining.  High today is forecast for 56*, so I guess we've already peaked.  It feels like fall, and I have a new year's supply of new sweet cinnamon pumpkin lotion/body wash/candles from BBW, so I am very happy.  I'm looking at crafty stuff for fall besides my quilting projects.

So sorry about Mr jcb's job.  That blows.  Maybe this square one will lead where he wants to be.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-way-to-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7aac61cc-0e7e-4db2-b892-1716b65b443dPost:17a2c0c2-4464-4a33-a24a-dc38c87dc89b">Re: It's WAY to early!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning! It's currently 57* and raining.  High today is forecast for 56*, so I guess we've already peaked.  It feels like fall, and I have a new year's supply of new sweet cinnamon pumpkin lotion/body wash/candles from BBW, so I am very happy.  I'm looking at crafty stuff for fall besides my quilting projects. So sorry about Mr jcb's job.  That blows.  Maybe this square one will lead where he wants to be.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

Pumpkin whore! ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-way-to-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7aac61cc-0e7e-4db2-b892-1716b65b443dPost:47df123a-ce24-42aa-97b5-7701dae0025b">Re: It's WAY to early!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's WAY to early! : Pumpkin whore! ;)
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am!!
    8-)

Enjoy your lunch out.  However, Maggiano's requires pasta and a to-go box.

Our new VP is taking us to lunch tomorrow.  First time I've spoken to him since I got my job offer 7 months ago.  I guess that's a good boss - leave your people alone for months on end.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-way-to-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7aac61cc-0e7e-4db2-b892-1716b65b443dPost:794c281d-af65-46bb-b248-100a10df46e7">Re: It's WAY to early!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's WAY to early! : Yes, I am!! 8-) Enjoy your lunch out.  However, Maggiano's requires pasta and a to-go box. Our new VP is taking us to lunch tomorrow.  First time I've spoken to him since I got my job offer 7 months ago.  I guess that's a good boss - leave your people alone for months on end.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

See I'm weird, I like hanging out with my bosses. It's very boring when they are not here. Plus, they have a great sense of humor, makes the day go faster.

I like pumpkins too. My friend got on me for having my harvest wreath on the front door already. I told her to suck it I do what I want to. But, is it bad I want some of my plants to die so I can move the pots the front and put pumpkins in them?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-way-to-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7aac61cc-0e7e-4db2-b892-1716b65b443dPost:c223b7a0-32e3-4cb3-adb0-d0b01c014a1e">Re: It's WAY to early!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I only see my boss about four times a year but I talk on the phone with him every few days. I love the freedom that gives me. JCB that sucks. Fingers crossed the next ion will stick and he will love it. Feel better KD and Shay. I had to fire someone yesterday and she became hysterical. It was terrible. I hate that part of my job. I am taking tomorrow off to just have some peace. If I really feel like it I might go to Hobby Lobby and pick up some fall decor. They were having a huge sale when I was there last.
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

I went to Hobby Lobby over the weekend. I actually liked Michaels selection better, and it seemed more expensive, if thats possible.

God I'm weird.

Couple more weeks Dot! Are you guys going on a HM right away?
  • Shay, is your dentist a sadist?  A cleaning just days after having wisdom teeth pulled?  Um, hell no. 

jcb, I'm so sorry about H's job.  If he wants a job at a golf course I can put in a good word with the FIL.  :)

I've been up off and on since 1:00 this morning so my arse is dragging.  I did go ahead and dye my hair to get rid of the greys since I was up and though it turned out a little darker than expected, I like it. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-way-to-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7aac61cc-0e7e-4db2-b892-1716b65b443dPost:3b4b445e-8242-4c18-9fd9-c7a49b3e088e">Re: It's WAY to early!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shay, is your dentist a sadist?  A cleaning just days after having wisdom teeth pulled?  Um, hell no.  jcb, I'm so sorry about H's job.  If he wants a job at a golf course I can put in a good word with the FIL.  :) I've been up off and on since 1:00 this morning so my arse is dragging.  I did go ahead and dye my hair to get rid of the greys since I was up and though it turned out a little darker than expected, I like it. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

You dyed your hair in the middle of the night? You are brave.

I have an appt. for Saturday after next to get my hair did and have a pedi. You know this will be a slow week!
  • edited September 2012
    kd, Joann's already has their Halloween and fall decor marked down 50%.  H was like, "It's not even October yet!"  I told him that was fine by me, that just means that I can buy more stuff.  He was not amused lol.

Dot, I would hate to have to fire people.  I had to interview people and that was bad enough.  It's so awkward and emotional.  Enjoy your day off tomorrow!

Girlie, I have no idea what they were thinking.  I guess they just wanted to get it out of the way while I was there?  It didn't hurt to terribly bad while I was having it done but today I am really feeling it.  And my teeth are super sensitive today.  Blah.

ETA: Girlie,  what color did you dye your hair?  This time of year always makes me want to go back to a super rich dark brown with my hair.  I'm finally back to my natural color which isn't dark enough for my taste.  I think I may set up an appointment to have it done (like the color in my weddings pics).

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Kd, I waited until 5:00 which I guess to normal people is close enough to the middle of the night. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-way-to-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7aac61cc-0e7e-4db2-b892-1716b65b443dPost:eac712b4-c688-4f15-b23b-4d9ddb498eb6">Re: It's WAY to early!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kd, I waited until 5:00 which I guess to normal people is close enough to the middle of the night. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

Yeah I consider myself normal and thats definatly middle of night.

I usually go a darker auburn/red this time of year. I have no idea what color my natural hair is, OH YES I DO.GREY!
  • Girlie there are maybe 100 things I could think of to do in the middle of the night while wide awake and dying my hair is not one of them.  I'm glad you like how it turned out.

Dot, I hope the planning is going okay!  So soon :)
  • Shay, I used the L'Oreal Couleur Experte Medium Ash Brown/Truffle 5.1.  It's actually a highlighting kit but I decided not to risk doing my own highlights.  I like this one because it's a "cool" shade so it's not as red as other shades turn out on me. 
  • My shoulders are killing from last night's workout, I'm sleepy and cranky, and it's only Wednesday. I have a meeting after school with the grade 8 classroom teachers to tell them which of their litle darlings need extra help/classroom support or a modified curriculum. Been in classes all day except for now, and am on my way to science in a few minutes.

I feel like the kid in the book Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

I also need to get back into crafting. I've also been told that the teachers here go crazy for Halloween, so I've got to get cracking on that too. Ah, the pressure!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards