Snarky Brides

What to do? UGH!

Re: What to do? UGH!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-to-do-ugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7e68f2dd-bba2-4f72-a16b-b05306a92626Post:e2bf57bc-cca3-40b9-991f-17df84d72399">Re: What to do? UGH!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What to do? UGH! : It's boring for me. And the animal displays make me sad. They are interesting, but ultimately <strong>bum me out.
    </strong>Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can see how that would happen.

I just liked feeding the fish and thought the mini acquarium was neat.
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-to-do-ugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7e68f2dd-bba2-4f72-a16b-b05306a92626Post:7cdcb096-8a05-4b4f-b52c-0e49b1e25629">Re: What to do? UGH!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What to do? UGH! : akhensley
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>I knew here someone had done it! I haven't seen her post in forever.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-to-do-ugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7e68f2dd-bba2-4f72-a16b-b05306a92626Post:d0f714be-5cb6-49cd-9a30-8dfe6ee94cfc">Re: What to do? UGH!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What to do? UGH! : I dont care, but I laugh at it.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Me too.  I don't much care if it makes me look like an ass :)
    panther
  • Dmils hunts no?  But she didnt do camo.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-to-do-ugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7e68f2dd-bba2-4f72-a16b-b05306a92626Post:b3e8a035-dbcb-4134-a3ec-15285ceec15c">Re: What to do? UGH!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just cant fathom a camo wedding ever happening. Then again im a Yankee who lives in a state where people dont hunt so there is that.

Well, this is in Texas and my Fiancee and his friends and alot of my family are hunters (and a little country. lol). I've agreed to it being in the wedding as long as there's not an over saturation of it. I've suggested a vest and tie that are camo w/ Khakis and a white shirt under but then again, as I said, it's in Texas, it's outside and it's hot in July (even in the morning when I'm doing it, its gonna be at least mid to upper 80's) so I think that the whole vest thing is gonna be a no go and that it'll more than likely be (hopefully) khaki's and a camo shirt.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-to-do-ugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7e68f2dd-bba2-4f72-a16b-b05306a92626Post:43d62019-c32a-41f1-84c4-746d226d2b97">Re: What to do? UGH!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What to do? UGH! : Wow, I remember her.  Does she not post anymore?  I was also wondering where Koda has been.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

Isn't Koda in Europe?
    imageVacation
  • Camo, zebra print, leopard print...  NMS at all but to each their own. 

Honestly OP, this photographer doesn't sound like that great of a friend really so I'd either put my foot down and say no to the kid or find a new photographer.  Have you checked photography students at a local CC or university?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-to-do-ugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7e68f2dd-bba2-4f72-a16b-b05306a92626Post:97e9bd89-c8ed-4634-b1a8-c10d6a312803">Re: What to do? UGH!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What to do? UGH! : Well, this is in Texas and my Fiancee and his friends and alot of my family are hunters (and a little country. lol). I've agreed to it being in the wedding as long as there's not an over saturation of it. I've suggested a vest and tie that are camo w/ Khakis and a white shirt under but then again, as I said, it's in Texas, it's outside and it's hot in July (even in the morning when I'm doing it, its gonna be at least mid to upper 80's) so I think that the whole vest thing is gonna be a no go and that it'll more than likely be (hopefully) khaki's and a camo shirt.
    Posted by TRENNANSMOM[/QUOTE]

My H likes football.  The only football association was before we got introduced the DJ played the EPSN football theme music.

Had he come to me and said we were having a Patriots theme wedding and wanted his GM to be in Patriots vests and the BM's to wear Tom Brady stuff I would have told him to beat it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • With her kid there, I'd be worried that she'd miss taking pictures of something important because she was dealing with her kid.  
    "Why aren't there pictures of the first dance?"  
    "Sorry, I had to show my kid where the bathroom was and wait for him."  
    "Wasn't your daughter supposed to be watching him so you could work."  
    "Yeah, but he wanted me to take him."   

Don't end up having this conversation with your friend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • And to actually be helpful in this thread:  OP, I would either hire a babysitter for the 6 year old, or politely decline your friend's offer for photography and invite her as a guest.  For a new photographer, I like Girlie's idea of checking local CCs to see if they have any photography students, or at least can point you in the right direction.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-to-do-ugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7e68f2dd-bba2-4f72-a16b-b05306a92626Post:5fd4d50c-c828-4b83-8743-af9ae222f484">Re: What to do? UGH!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What to do? UGH! : Cabella's is amazing.  Totally.  And they sell the best handmade fudge there.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Bass Pro Shop, Gander Mountain and Tractor Supply make my Fiancee go CRAZY! He's like a kid in a candy store there. He hands me his wallet as soon as we walk in there and tells me that I have to approve ane purchases. Also, If you want some really good fudge and/or jerky, you would need to stop by Buccees in either Luling, TX; New Braunfels, TX or I'm told that there is another big one off IH-45 between Houston and Dallas.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-to-do-ugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7e68f2dd-bba2-4f72-a16b-b05306a92626Post:20b3cc00-9583-4d9e-8b28-ec8102e8897d">Re: What to do? UGH!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What to do? UGH! : Bass Pro Shop, Gander Mountain and Tractor Supply make my <strong>Fiancee</strong> go CRAZY! He's like a kid in a candy store there. He hands me his wallet as soon as we walk in there and tells me that I have to approve ane purchases. Also, If you want some really good fudge and/or jerky, you would need to stop by Buccees in either Luling, TX; New Braunfels, TX or I'm told that there is another big one off IH-45 between Houston and Dallas.

I just wanted to point out that the male version of fiance only has one e.  Not a big deal, but I saw you do it this way a few times.  The two e's signifies a female.
    imageVacation
  • edited June 2012
    Yeah my husband plays golf.  Doesn't mean we were all going to wear plaid pants to our wedding.
    panther
  • Why do you keep saying Fiancee?  Are you marring a woman?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-to-do-ugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7e68f2dd-bba2-4f72-a16b-b05306a92626Post:6cbe864c-8271-450f-a0ce-ccfd82b11d60">Re: What to do? UGH!</a>:
    [QUOTE]And also, if I was good enough friends with someone to ask them to be in my WP and they decided to drop out b/c of the attire, I'd be pretty pissed.  I mean, while I think it's fugly, I would suck it up for a few hours for a good friend. I'd hire a photograhper and invite her as a guest.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Cmon JCB.  Any friend who asks me to wear camo is no friend of mine, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wanted H to wear the red Raphael sash when saying his vows. He gave me the death stare in response. I'm still sad about missing out on my TMNT vows.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-to-do-ugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7e68f2dd-bba2-4f72-a16b-b05306a92626Post:736e7ceb-02ec-47e0-819a-79135b5b1377">Re: What to do? UGH!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What to do? UGH! : My H likes football.  The only football association was before we got introduced the DJ played the EPSN football theme music. Had he come to me and said we were having a Patriots theme wedding and wanted his GM to be in Patriots vests and the BM's to wear Tom Brady stuff I would have told him to beat it.
    My fiance and I are Mets fans.  He's obsessive.  I make fun of him but enjoy going to and watching games.  He joked that we should get married at Citi Field, but it was vetoed.  I think I might have promised that our first child's bar/bat mitzvah party could be held there though.  <div>I actually love the ESPN theme idea.  I might end up doing something like that for my fi.  He'd love it.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-to-do-ugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7e68f2dd-bba2-4f72-a16b-b05306a92626Post:3d8e8b76-8634-4575-97c7-7e2d811ec23d">Re: What to do? UGH!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What to do? UGH! : My fiance and I are Mets fans.  He's obsessive.  I make fun of him but enjoy going to and watching games.  He joked that we should get married at Citi Field, but it was vetoed.  I think I might have promised that our first child's bar/bat mitzvah party could be held there though.   I actually love the ESPN theme idea.  I might end up doing something like that for my fi.  He'd love it.
    Posted by Starqueg[/QUOTE]

It wasnt suppsed to be our entrance song, just what was being played before he announced us, but the DJ messed up.  So now im the girl who got introduced to Monday Night Football.  FML.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-to-do-ugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7e68f2dd-bba2-4f72-a16b-b05306a92626Post:97e9bd89-c8ed-4634-b1a8-c10d6a312803">Re: What to do? UGH!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What to do? UGH! : Well, <strong>this is in Texas </strong>and my Fiancee and his friends and alot of my family are hunters (and a little country. lol). I've agreed to it being in the wedding as long as there's not an over saturation of it. I've suggested a vest and tie that are camo w/ Khakis and a white shirt under but then again, as I said, it's in Texas, it's outside and it's hot in July (even in the morning when I'm doing it, its gonna be at least mid to upper 80's) so I think that the whole vest thing is gonna be a no go and that it'll more than likely be (hopefully) khaki's and a camo shirt.

Is "texas" the excuse? I feel like some texans would be insulted to see their state used as an explanation for camo..

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-to-do-ugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7e68f2dd-bba2-4f72-a16b-b05306a92626Post:43d62019-c32a-41f1-84c4-746d226d2b97">Re: What to do? UGH!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What to do? UGH! : Wow,<strong> I remember her.  Does she not post anymore? </strong> I was also wondering where Koda has been.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

Not since the lost tampon incident.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-to-do-ugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7e68f2dd-bba2-4f72-a16b-b05306a92626Post:6cbe864c-8271-450f-a0ce-ccfd82b11d60">Re: What to do? UGH!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>And also, if I was good enough friends with someone to ask them to be in my WP and they decided to drop out b/c of the attire, I'd be pretty pissed.  I mean, while I think it's fugly, I would suck it up for a few hours for a good friend.</strong> I'd hire a photograhper and invite her as a guest.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]
     I was thinking the same thing.
  • edited June 2012
    Les, I think that was someone else. It started with a K or a KK, I think?
  • Because the B&B in which we were married used to be a brothel (we stayed in the Madam's cottage), DH wanted to wear an old-timey cowboy suit, circa 1880.  Um, no, dear, you're not going to wear a costume.
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-to-do-ugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7e68f2dd-bba2-4f72-a16b-b05306a92626Post:0a47ddba-58b2-4014-b1f3-3d40c2462084">Re: What to do? UGH!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What to do? UGH! : I thought that was KKChisolm?
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

Oh, you're right, Duds and Sesh.  Sorry akhensley - my error!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-to-do-ugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7e68f2dd-bba2-4f72-a16b-b05306a92626Post:810a0376-7046-4734-b8f3-387402e6bdc9">Re: What to do? UGH!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Because the B&B in which we were married used to be a brothel (we stayed in the Madam's cottage), DH wanted to wear an old-timey cowboy suit, circa 1880.  Um, no, dear,<strong><u> you're not going to wear a costume.</u></strong>
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Just because you wear something hunting doesnt mean its appropriate for everyday wear or a wedding.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited June 2012
    Is anyone else amused that the OP responds to comments about camo and shopping for camo, but none of the useful suggestions?
  • Anything camo reminds me of that show on CMT. It was hosted by Tom Arnold.
    There was a special "Big Red Neck Baby" and they did a camo theme nursery. They literally "wall papered" it with camo print wrapping paper.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-to-do-ugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7e68f2dd-bba2-4f72-a16b-b05306a92626Post:20b3cc00-9583-4d9e-8b28-ec8102e8897d">Re: What to do? UGH!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What to do? UGH! : Bass Pro Shop, Gander Mountain and Tractor Supply make my Fiancee go CRAZY! He's like a kid in a candy store there. He hands me his wallet as soon as we walk in there and tells me that I have to approve ane purchases. Also, If you want some really good fudge and/or jerky, you would need to stop by Buccees in either Luling, TX; New Braunfels, TX or I'm told that there is another big one off IH-45 between Houston and Dallas.

<div>
    </div><div>I love Buccee's jerky!  Their bathrooms are so clean, too!</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm in Katy, where are you?</div><div>
    </div>
  • TRENNANSMOMTRENNANSMOM member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    For those that have replied to what the post is actually about, thank you. For those that are being completely absorbed by the fact that I'm using camo, wth is the big deal about it. Just because you dont like it or wouldnt do it yourself doesnt mean that you have to make fun of me for it. And for the grammar nazi's, I've been posting from my phone and all I can say is auto corrects a pain. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-to-do-ugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7e68f2dd-bba2-4f72-a16b-b05306a92626Post:d3716c1a-8196-48ea-93e2-38ea666e3931">Re: What to do? UGH!</a>:
    [QUOTE]For those that have replied to what the post is actually about, thank you. For those that are being completely absorbed by the fact that I'm using camo, wth is the big deal about it. Just because you dont like it or wouldnt do it yourself doesnt mean that you have to make fun of me for it. And for the grammer nazi's, I've been posting from my phone and all I can say is auto corrects a pain. 

Grammar.

Did you name your kid Tennan?
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards