Snarky Brides

Complaint

I have to say that I think a lot of the regulars here take "etiquette" too seriously.  For example, if someone wants to call their wedding day "My Day," calm down.  It's alright to let them do that.  If someone wants to say, "Black Tie Affair."  Ok!  Everyone is unique, and I think etiqutte highly depends on the person.  As long as the person is respectful, it is their wedding.  They can do whatever the hell they want without any complaints from me.  Don't get me wrong, some of you provide insightful comments, but when everyone agrees on something that is so meager, it gets pretty silly on these boards.

Re: Complaint

• Apparently so is mine :)  But I'm picking it up at four, shall I meet you there and we can speak of many things, like shoes and ships and ceiling wax, of cabbages and kings?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sweetest Thing, obvi. 
  • I am with Rach. I hate the unique snowflake term that has been going around, but I hate the posters who act like that even more. Let's dump them all on the same snowy iceberg. We can even put a military base there for military brides.
  • I haven't seen that movie in months! I'm having withdrawals. I'm going home to watch it.

Oh WAIT. SOMEONE has my DVD... now who could that be? And I bet she hasn't even watched it yet! We are precariously close to losing a member of the trifecta. I'm just sayin. ;)
  • *hangs head in shame* 
    I cheated and googled the quote. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_complaint?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:80376450-184d-49a4-ae8b-322554445947Post:016db840-bc12-4b8f-a988-8000521a83ee">Re: Complaint</a>:
    [QUOTE]Apparently so is mine :)  But I'm picking it up at four, shall I meet you there and we can speak of many things, like shoes and ships and ceiling wax, of cabbages and kings?
    Posted by 526SadieSadie[/QUOTE]

My reference meter is broken too so I have no idea what that last part is about, but I will still meet you at the shop if you promise to buy me a sno-cone.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_complaint?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:80376450-184d-49a4-ae8b-322554445947Post:b64edba0-e974-4d5d-ba4a-16696cb7a260">Re: Complaint</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't seen that movie in months! I'm having withdrawals. I'm going home to watch it. Oh WAIT. SOMEONE has my DVD... now who could that be? And I bet she hasn't even watched it yet! We are precariously close to losing a member of the trifecta. I'm just sayin. ;)
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

I really think Heels needs to give you back that fucking DVD.
  • yea... I am sorta new.. but I am going to say this poster is NOT new....

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Sadie, Alice in Wonderland.

I say to Mr. Heels all the time "Why is a raven like a writing desk?" and he has no idea what I am talking about. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_complaint?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:80376450-184d-49a4-ae8b-322554445947Post:59566029-02e8-4a0e-b22b-f8c273977664">Re: Complaint</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Complaint : I really think Heels needs to give you back that fucking DVD.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

::trips cew::

Whoopsie!
  • Why don't we save watching it until after the wedding and then we can have that girls' night where we sit around in our wedding dresses and watch movies?

• I like that idea.  I don' t have a wedding dress anymore, but there's a place by Bec's house that sells them.  They also cash checks, wire money, and sell small farm animals. 
  • That sounds like my kind of place. Can we also go to that bar where you can sit in the keg while you drink?
  • Yay Heels!  It's a line from The Walrus and the Carpenter (which is a part of Through the Looking Glass, but I'll give it to you)

"The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things;
    Of shoes and ships and ceiling wax, of cabbages and kings,
    and why the sea is boiling hot, and whether pigs have wings..."

And Cew, what flavor sno-cone would you like?
  • RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited April 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_complaint?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:80376450-184d-49a4-ae8b-322554445947Post:aaf03bd0-4bce-419a-bade-92e8011d3126">Re: Complaint</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why don't we save watching it until after the wedding and then we can have that girls' night where we sit around in our wedding dresses and watch movies?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Please wait until July to do this, so that I may join. I hope you don't mind that my dress is rather large and will need a couch of its own.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • why IS a raven like a writing desk??

I played the White Rabbit and the March Hare a zillion times for a local musical theatre company, I love Alice in Wonderland

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_complaint?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:80376450-184d-49a4-ae8b-322554445947Post:d1d19e67-2310-445b-a121-d188fbc9a7d7">Re: Complaint</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay Heels!  It's a line from The Walrus and the Carpenter (which is a part of Through the Looking Glass , but I'll give it to you) [/QUOTE]

Doh!  I should have known that; I read  <u>Through the Looking Glass</u> several times in middle school and high school. 
  • edited April 2010

the religious symbolism was lost on me for the longest time...i think until i saw Dogma, then I was like "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, those poor little oysters!!!"

You might have gotten confused because there's a W&C segment in the Disney version of Alice, the tweedles tell her the story :)

• Yep, that's what I was thinking of. 

The religious symbolism is still lost on me.  I should read it again this summer. 
  • You know, I don't live far from North Carolina, and I used to live there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • I did not know that.  Where in NC?
  • Book...although I only wanted 1 n at the end.  The pain meds made me give in to DH at the hospital.  We have an uber generic, boring last name, so DH wanted something different.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • It's beautiful.  I'm name-obsessed because mine is so unusual and most people can't pronounce it.  Dan and I already have three boys names and two girls picked out LoL  talk about dorks LoL
  • email knot annie if it's bothers you so much.  I'm sure she will shut the board down because of it
  • lisatyler, anyone????
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards