Snarky Brides
Options

AW

What has two thumbs and no braces?  This girl.

Re: AW

• Options
    You're so pretty. Have I ever told you that?
    imageimage
  • Options
    Isn't it the best feeling ever?  Congrats :)
    panther
  • Options
    Wow! You look great!

What happenned to your third thumb?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aw-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8069455c-cc24-4cbd-8481-078023ff7968Post:a3642c73-9eff-4a61-bac8-23c570c242ff">Re: AW</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow! You look great! What happenned to your third thumb?
    Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]

Shhhhh, the others don't know. 

Jen, flattery will get you everywhere. 

• Options
    Gorgeous.

Has anyone ever told you that you look JUST like Heels?
  • Options
    Yay for no braces! You look great.

How does it feel with them off?
  • Options
    So pretty!  Caramel apples, here you come!

Steph#s, ha.  Cute. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aw-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8069455c-cc24-4cbd-8481-078023ff7968Post:ea5e9421-afbe-4a57-86bb-678b20a7a772">Re: AW</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gorgeous. Has anyone ever told you that you look JUST like Heels?
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

Bahahahaha.
    panther
  • Options
    Who is heels?

Feels great!  So smooth. 

The assistant asked me if there was anything I was dying to eat.  I didn't have the heart to tell her that I've eaten almost everything I'm not supposed to.  I did go 2 years without eating ribs, though.  I didn't care about messing up my braces, I just didn't want pork and BBQ sauce all up in my grill. 

• Options
    I got my braces off when I was in the 10th grade and I still feel weird biting into an apple.  And I cannot eat white bread.
    panther
  • Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
    imageimage
    Welcome to the world, Baby W: born on 3/8/12 @ 3:49pm - 8lb 11 oz, 22 in. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    yay!!! You look fantastic!!
  • Options
    Oh man not cutting up fruit is going to be weird. 

• Options
    Just biting into anything was weird for me for a long time.  I used to cut or pull apart everything I ate.
    panther
  • Options
    Yay! Pretty sure I cried when they told me my appointment had to be moved back two weeks when I was getting mine off. I was THAT anxious to get them off. You look great!
  • Options
    OMG I would die.  I got lucky.  My appointment wasn't until November 29, but they had a ton of cancellations this week.  

• Options
    Yes!  Gorgeous smile, MFJ.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    How exciting! You look great!

My only advice is to wear your retainers! I know I sound like a mom, but I didn't wear mine long enough and my stupid teeth went back to being crooked. 3 1/2 years of my life wasted. Undecided
    Photobucket
  • Options
    YAY, I've never had them, so I cant relate. But happy for you, I'm sure you feel better.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    You look gorgeous!  I think those pearly whites need a date night.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    My orthodontist was kind of a pervy doucher.  He used to set his tools on the napkin he'd place on my chest.  My boobs were big even in high school so it always felt like he was trying to cop a feel or something. 

Up until about three years ago I still had a little glue on my back teeth.  My new dentist finally scraped it off!!!
    panther
  • Options
    Yay!!  That's such a great feeling, eh?  I was a brace face for 5 years.  Not fun.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would have been so nervous about an orthodontist with shaking hands. 

It would be like when my orthodontist had a sanding drill in my mouth and said oops.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    Congrats!  Very nice.  I remember my teeth felt really slimy when I got mine off. 

And I second the advice about the retainer.  I wore mine all the time for many years, but my teeth still moved somewhat.  Did your ortho say you would need to get the retainer tightened over time?  One dentist thought that was my problem.
  • Options
    Wear the retainers.  I didnt and my bottom teeth shifted big time.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    You're one pretty hot mama, even if it is to Possum. I know you're a happy camper.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    I have wires behind my front teeth on the top and bottom (I think it goes behind the top front 6 and bottom front 6) to help keep them from shifting in addition to the retainers.  I go back in 8 weeks and then I go longer and longer in between appointments to check and make sure my retainers still fit.  I'm supposed to wear them all the time except when eating for 3 months and then at night.  I'll definitely be wearing them, as much time and money went into this venture. 

Parents, if you're worried about your kids not wearing their retainers, just do what mine did and stop taking them to the dentist and let them buy their own braces when they are adults.  Undecided

• Options
    How many pieces of gum have you chewed today?
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    You look great :-) so happy for you...

This is funny cuz my bro in law just lectured my niece for chewing gum (but it wasn't sticky?) about her doing so while having braces on.
    Her response was she eats A LOT of things she's not suppose to. See the thing is my sister allows it and doesn't care when making dinners. And my bro in law wants to lecture her when she doesn't really have much choice when it comes to actual foods (not candy she can choose).

Anyway. Congrats and looking Good :-)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thanks play!  Yeah, gum is funny, they said I could have it as long as it was sugar-free, but it would still get stuck in my braces so I usually passed.  I'm not a big gum chewer, anyway.  I bet the first time your niece pops a bracket, your sister will start to care.  Wink  I only popped a bracket once and it was because I had a wire poking me and I tried to fix it myself.  I'm friends with my orthodontist's brother and he's caught me eating chips, popcorn, chewy candy, you name it.  I always forget that he could easily tattle on me. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards