Snarky Brides
Options

Morning

Morning everyone,

I haven't slept that well in the last few days so I just came to work. i got here at 5:30 and I am not supposed to be here until 7...
Just thought I would check in and see how everyone is doing.

What are your plans for this week?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: Morning

• Options
    Totally didn't see your post!

Last night was uneventful, hubby worked until like 8 :( I did however begin rereading 50 shades of grey :)

Decorating the christmas tree tonight hopefully, and going to see my friend who just had the baby :) he's a month this week!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-124?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8382f389-0469-4d25-bac0-e2d048e13ed0Post:1e28c3e6-f9b1-4cf6-b942-971d162ada91">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Totally didn't see your post! Last night was uneventful, hubby worked until like 8 :( I did however begin rereading 50 shades of grey :) Decorating the christmas tree tonight hopefully, and going to see my friend who just had the baby :) he's a month this week!
    Posted by brittany634[/QUOTE]

haha Sorry about that.

How are you liking  the book?
    oh fun! that sounds like a way fun week.
  • Options
    Good morning! It's going to be a slow week, but it's a 4 day work week so yay!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-124?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8382f389-0469-4d25-bac0-e2d048e13ed0Post:3f8901c1-e3d8-45dc-a817-5ec27b165186">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning : haha Sorry about that. How are you liking  the book? oh fun! that sounds like a way fun week.
    Posted by applejambutter[/QUOTE]

I read it the first time quickly, this time i'm taking in details! :)

I think we forgot to lay out dinner, dangit!
  • Options

cwag - This week really is going to be horrendous. and Lucky!

Brittany - oh good I am glad you are liking it though. I was really iffy towards it.

• Options
    Oy! I had a wedding nightmare last night- my wedding was almost a month ago, I don't remember specifics but it was WEIRD!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-124?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8382f389-0469-4d25-bac0-e2d048e13ed0Post:d52ee668-92f7-4760-95d2-f6e5e62f9fc0">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oy! I had a wedding nightmare last night- my wedding was almost a month ago, I don't remember specifics but it was WEIRD!

What was it?!
    I love hearing these I feel like mine are so strange.
  • Options
    brittany634brittany634 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited November 2012
    It was just weird like I was watching the wedding, and everything that could go wrong did. it was really odd.
  • Options
    This is my first day back to work after my wedding/honeymoon time off - so the last time I was here was Nov. 8....I'm a little off to say the least!  But thankfully I got through all of my emails already.

This week will be putting gifts away, writing thank yous, and putting up the Christmas tree!  I'm so excited for the holidays!!!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Britt - I always had dreams I was getting married across the street from Target and I kept forgetting things for the wedding and I kept running across the street in my dress with my credit card to buy more stuff.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-124?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8382f389-0469-4d25-bac0-e2d048e13ed0Post:abf159aa-cb21-427d-ad17-5ac227053719">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is my first day back to work after my wedding/honeymoon time off - so the last time I was here was Nov. 8....I'm a little off to say the least!  But thankfully I got through all of my emails already. This week will be putting gifts away, writing thank yous, and putting up the Christmas tree!  I'm so excited for the holidays!!!!
    Posted by aloisk57[/QUOTE]

Holy Crap that sounds like a busy week.
    but still fun. I love christmas decorations.

Wedding dreams are the best. Serious I always wake up freaked out then can't stop laughing.
  • Options
    Tomorrow night my Mom is throwing a surprise 70 th birthday party for my dad. Should be fun.
  • Options
    anyone know where I can get a cheap kindle case, I refuse to pay 30 for a case.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-124?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8382f389-0469-4d25-bac0-e2d048e13ed0Post:89564e13-069f-41e4-9e37-3ce5ac238521">Re:Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tomorrow night my Mom is throwing a surprise 70 th birthday party for my dad. Should be fun.
    Posted by tlc35[/QUOTE]

I love it!!! That should be so so fun!
  • Options
    Morning!

It's really gross today - a wintery sloshy mix of snow and rain and to top it off it's grey and cold. Bleh. I'm hoping this cup of coffee will brighten my mood. 

Swag - super jealous of your short week again. Do you work longer hours so that you have Fridays off?

And oh gosh, wedding nightmares/dreams... I had way too many of them in the year leading up to my wedding. They were so ridiculous! Haha I remember that in one of them we were in Hawaii (when in reality we were not having a DW), my hair stylist gave me a mohawk hairdo without me noticing what she was doing, it was going to thunderstorm and ruin the plans for the being outdoors, and we also were told we couldn't have any alcohol at the last minute, so it would be a dry wedding. Basically all of my wedding nightmares were as strange and ridiculous as that one, with everything possible going wrong in the most strange way possible. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-124?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8382f389-0469-4d25-bac0-e2d048e13ed0Post:8c48e55d-95b2-416a-a94c-309140ba38f6">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]anyone know where I can get a cheap kindle case, I refuse to pay 30 for a case.

amazon? I always get cheap phone cases from there maybe they will have cheap kindle ones?
  • Options
    I'm in the process of putting together a presentation about alcohol's effects on athleticism. Fun stuff I tell you. It's to present at a local high school meet the coaches night. Which means I have like a 12 hour work day ahead of me. 

Brit, I bought my mom a Kindle case at Walmart for like $15 bucks. It's one of the kinds that like fold back to prop it up. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-124?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8382f389-0469-4d25-bac0-e2d048e13ed0Post:c3f42b49-5db8-4b9b-804c-4097bdc49d51">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]  Swag - super jealous of your short week again. Do you work longer hours so that you have Fridays off?
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

We work 8.5 hour days, and the remaining 3.5 hours the firm 'gives' us. It's only Apr 15- Aug 15 and Oct 15-Dec 15. I work in federal tax, so those are our slow times. When we're not doing Fridays off we're working loooooong weeks.
  • Options
    I had a wedding dream last week that we totally forgot the liquor, not good with our crowd! So I was begging the people at the liquor store to rush the liquor license, so stressful!! My morning session kid is totally off and is yelling over every little thing today, I'm really hoping this isn't going to be an indicator of the rest of my day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It's showtime!!

I've got students for testing now, just had back-to-back math classes, and had to switch my lunch duty to get to dress rehearsal on time. I get a whopping 15 minutes to eat, theatre from 1-3, then odds and ends, supper, and back at the theatre for 6 for hair and makeup. The kids are wired, and it's the closing of the festival tonight, so we're expecting a full house.

Welcome back Alo! Can't wait for pics!

I thought 50 Shades was so poorly written, I couldn't be bothered with the other two, IMHO.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just found out my parents have to put down their yellow lab, he has lymphoma. Poor dog, he's such a sweetie and only like 7 years old! This day! It's only 10:40 and I'm ready to go back to bed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Jenny - I felt that way about Twilight. I hated it so hard.

Angel - I'm so so sorry. Losing a pet is so hard, no matter how old they are or what their condition is.

Edie - Pardon my ignorance, but what are you in school for?
  • Options
    So sorry to hear that, Angel. Losing a pet is hard.

I don't like Twilight any more than 50 shades, but I am trying (really hard) to look at it as a stepping stone. If it gets kids reading 'real' books, I'm all for it. Because right now I have kids in class that are bragging about not having read a book in three years (they're in grade 8) and it makes me sad...

i wish I was going to Florida tomorrow, jcb!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    When I read 50 shades of grey I felt like I was reading twilight.
    It drove me insane.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-124?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8382f389-0469-4d25-bac0-e2d048e13ed0Post:5606d5e7-2474-4f53-aaab-15ebd604f918">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE] Because right now I have kids in class that are bragging about not having read a book in three years (they're in grade 8) and it makes me sad... i wish I was going to Florida tomorrow, jcb!
    Posted by jennylee813[/QUOTE]

H didn't read a book from high school until he moved to Los Angeles for film school a few years ago. He met with a mentor that told him if he was serious about his career change then he needed to start reading industry books. To me, not reading at all to reading industry books sounds like a horrible leap, but he actually did it, and he said it helped him so much.
    When he moved back to TX he wanted to start reading books before seeing the movies, so he read Hunger Games and LOVED it.
    So now he's reading Harry Potter and we watch each movie as he finishes each book. He said it's a fun practice to build a movie in his head as he reads and then compare it to the big screen. I say, whatever keeps him reading is good by me.

There is hope! H was not really that academic growing up at all and now we love reading in bed together.
  • Options
    Well yeah, 50 Shades is Twilight fan fiction, so that makes perfect sense.

I only watched the first movie, and didn't like it at all.

If you do like fantasy, have you read the Sookie Stackhouse stuff by Charlaine Harris?  They're what "True Blood" is based on. I haven't watched the shows, but did like the books. the concept is interesting and while sometimes predictable, at least her writing is polished.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-124?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8382f389-0469-4d25-bac0-e2d048e13ed0Post:d1488c7b-4306-4220-9bf8-66bcf4fe2c5b">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I read 50 shades of grey I felt like I was reading twilight. It drove me insane.
    Posted by applejambutter[/QUOTE]

You know 50 shades started as Twilight fan fiction? The publishers changed details to avoid copyright stuff, but yeah, you're basically reading about Bella and Edward.
  • Options
    I had no idea, Makes sense now.
    That is all I could think is... I feel like ive already read this.

well that sucks haha sorry.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-124?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8382f389-0469-4d25-bac0-e2d048e13ed0Post:1a496d8f-7d17-4c69-a721-8624dea3367d">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well yeah, 50 Shades is Twilight fan fiction, so that makes perfect sense. I only watched the first movie, and didn't like it at all. If you do like fantasy, have you read the Sookie Stackhouse stuff by Charlaine Harris?  They're what "True Blood" is based on. I haven't watched the shows, but did like the books. the concept is interesting and while sometimes predictable, at least her writing is polished.
    Posted by jennylee813[/QUOTE]

Hey lady!  I'm so glad to be back :)  I actually posted some pics yesterday a few threads below!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-124?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8382f389-0469-4d25-bac0-e2d048e13ed0Post:0709f09d-5c3d-4a9d-84cf-b9bb5b9c364f">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning : You know 50 shades started as Twilight fan fiction? The publishers changed details to avoid copyright stuff, but yeah, you're basically reading about Bella and Edward.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

Makes Sense now, tho I was a teenager(15ish) when twilight came out and loved it.... lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards