Snarky Brides
Options

3 Questions

1) How well do you know FB? Are you aware that when you run apps (Farmville, Mafia Wars, etc) they are selling your info through these apps? Do you realize that FB is not holding a gun to your head and forcing you to give your phone number/address/mother's maiden name?

My coworker is not aware of this and I'm getting annoyed by all of her "FB is so evil" rants at work when she has no clue how the damn thing works

2) Have you seen/went to/heard of The Rocky Horror Picture Show? Neither one of my parents nor my husband have ever seen RHPS. Wtf? My boss has never seen it either. I feel like it's something everyone should be aware of, especially drama people.

3) Whythefuck do you guys have to post 300 post long threads during the daytime when I have to work? Reading these after work is cutting into my beard hat creating!

Re: 3 Questions

• Options
    1. I'm aware. I remove and adjust permissions accordingly.

2. I've seen the movie. Love me some Tim Curry. That reminds me...Glee is on tonight isn't it?

3. I have no idea.
  • Options
    1) Yes, I know FB is evil but I do play Mafia Wars anyway. I just limit the personal info I provide

2) I have seen the movie several times, always wanted to see it as a live show b/c I think it would be fun.  I know all the songs by heart and can do the time warp.  Am I a loser?

3) Today was a little crazy.
  • Options
    1) I know.  I don't use any of those apps for that reason.

2) Yes.  I've seen the play and loved it.  I'm so pumped for the Rocky Horror Glee Show next week.

3) Hell if I know.  I'm just trying to get back in the knot groove after a grad school imposed hiatus.
  • Options
    1.  I did hear that.  I generally avoid all apps though because they drive me crazy. 

2.  OH MY GOSH, I love Rocky Horror.  I've seen it at the theatre about 20 times, and at home countless times.  I told this story recently here--I used to go somewhere where they acted it out in front of the screen, and it was a snowy night so most of the regular "cast" didn't make it.  I was a teenager still, so my dad was still driving my friends and me, and I played Columbia and my dad played Dr. Scott.  Weird, but awesome. 

3.  I've been trying to keep up with that, too.  I really need to work on lesson plans, but I keep getting sucked back in, and I'm not even participating. 
  • Options
    So far so good on the beard hat. I've got the hat part done in about...2 hours so it's moving very quickly. The beard will take a bit of playing around but I found a few websites with pattern ideas.

I've been avoiding annoying coworker like whoa. Our boss has been giving her projects that take her weeks and weeks and weeks to do which would take me an hour. At first I thought he had lost in faith in me because why wouldn't he give me the project knowing it would take me an hour? Yeah, he just wants to give her something to do so she stops bugging him too.
  • Options
    slubkinslubkin member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    1. I know.  Part of my job duties entail me checking wsj.com daily.  I don't use any of those apps and I have all the notifications disabled so I don't have to see all my friends stupid updates for them either.

2. Yes.  I lived near Boston in high school and my friends and I went to see Rocky live in Harvard Square every week for a while while one of them was desperately in love with one of the cast members.

3. I get busy at work and miss entire threads.  My reading and posting can be quite sporadic.

ETA:  Maybe I'll do the Time Warp at our wedding reception.  FI thinks it's weird when I randomly do it (which isn't often).  He's seen it but apparently some of the audience callback responses vary quite a bit regionally because no one here knows some of the ones I learned on the east coast.
    "Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
  • Options
    1. Yes I know all of this. I have no apps on FB and have all that stuff blocked.

2. Zomgilovetimcurryinthatmovie. Seriously, he's so attractive in that role. Woo, can he wear stockings and heels.

3. I've been so busy I can't keep up.
  • Options
    1. Yup. I know how FB works. You're coworker is a poo head

2. Rocky Horror is awesome.

3. Today was a good day
    imageimage
  • Options
    1- My FB is on lockdown. No searching, no apps, no nothin'. Just stalking for me, thanx

2- I love the movie and I've seen it interpreted several times live in front of the screen. My cousin and I used to dress up and go see it on a regular basis when I lived with her in Houston. I know almost all the words to all the songs. They still play it here at midnight every Saturday, but I've never been in Austin. 

3- Furreal, right? I was trying to get all lasered and post using my phone, but Opera sucks. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    1) How well do you know FB? Are you aware that when you run apps (Farmville, Mafia Wars, etc) they are selling your info through these apps? Do you realize that FB is not holding a gun to your head and forcing you to give your phone number/address/mother's maiden name?
    -Well aware.  I haven't put any really vital info on there at all. 

My coworker is not aware of this and I'm getting annoyed by all of her "FB is so evil" rants at work when she has no clue how the damn thing works
    -Send her a link to how it works.

2) Have you seen/went to/heard of The Rocky Horror Picture Show? Neither one of my parents nor my husband have ever seen RHPS. Wtf? My boss has never seen it either. I feel like it's something everyone should be aware of, especially drama people.
    -I rocked the house as Magenta on almost every Saturday night at midnight for 2 years.  I also am amazed by people who have never seen and those who haven't even heard of it.  They must live in caves.

3) Whythefuck do you guys have to post 300 post long threads during the daytime when I have to work? Reading these after work is cutting into my beard hat creating!
    -Because you are far too wise, insightful, and entertaining.  The only time other people get a chance to shine is when you're occipied. 
  • Options
    Aw Anna you make me blush lol.
  • Options
    1. I've been on FB since I was a college freshman, but DON'T do anything of the dumb apps. I think anyone who plays Farmville deserves privacy breaches because I hate those stupid notifications. Down with Farmville!

2. I've been several times, especially in high school. Havent been in years. it's fun! Bring toilet paper! And toast!

3. Agreed. Looks like we missed a lot.

YAY BEARD HATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Katie- When you figure out the beard hat pattern I will totally pay you for it.  I have to make them for the guys I work with.  Two winters ago they had a competition to see who could grow the best 'stache.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_3-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:849f1d3b-ffbe-4d32-b445-9b42289c763cPost:0a868c0f-cac3-48c3-825e-5fb2d6bc0832">Re: 3 Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw Anna you make me blush lol.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

Success! 

Oh wait. Did we all agree earlier to stop kissing each other's butts?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_3-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:849f1d3b-ffbe-4d32-b445-9b42289c763cPost:a9b63ff7-e729-453f-9d7a-c064664454d8">3 Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]13) Whythefuck do you guys have to post 300 post long threads during the daytime when I have to work? Reading these after work is cutting into my beard hat creating!
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

I second this! Now that I'm at work all day, I hate missing out on a the good Day Knotting that happens!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_3-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:849f1d3b-ffbe-4d32-b445-9b42289c763cPost:045c9f04-fe47-4ffa-afff-cf4b04daead9">Re: 3 Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 Questions : Success!  Oh wait. Did we all agree earlier to stop kissing each other's butts?
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Whatev, I do what I want, I'm a super reg :P
  • Options
    Jenna,
     There was also some oohing and ahhhing over your TTD shots.  Gorgeous.
  • Options
    Katie, YGPM.
  • Options
    I obvs. have mental problems.
  • Options
    suze423suze423 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    1) I'm aware of this and always click on "Don't Allow".  I also have pretty strict privacy settings, though it's mostly to keep my FB "stalkers" at bay.

2) Yes/yes/yes.  There's an old theater here that does midnight showings on Saturdays with people acting out the movie in front.  Haven't been in years though.  Oh, and FI used to be one of those people acting it out.  We caught it on TV the other day and he still knows almost every line.  It was a little annoying.

3)  I don't post much but I have a boring, easy job and half the time don't even have 8 hours worth of work to do.

ETA: We're playing Time Warp at the reception.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards