Snarky Brides
Options

Come here and talk, yo

I think we talk about this, but it's slow anyway and I don't remember.

What are your plans for tonight?  I know Ricksy is hitting the bar, looking all cute.  Anyone else? 

We feel like Mr. and Mrs. Mc Lamerson because we're staying home.  We just didn't make plans on time and it's way expensive to go out by us.  What should we occupy ourselves with?

Re: Come here and talk, yo

• Options
    We stayed home last year too and it was wonderful; very low key, watching movies with snacks and drinks.

This year, a couple we are friends with are coming to stay with us tonight. I think we're going out for a nicer dinner and then just coming back to our place to drink and play board games. We're nerds like that :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    Ugh, I know Saison.  Have you ever done Times Square?  I really want to do it at least once, especially since we'll probably be moving from the area in a year or two, but I don't think I could go so long without a bathroom break :P.
  • Options
    My H has to work so I'm going to a friend's to have cheese and chocolate fondue and then we're going to a party. The guy hosting the party is loaded, so I know he'll have great booze and I'm wicked excited about that. lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ha. Barb and Rach didn't duplicate the GM thread... but you did instead ;)

I'll say good morning here too!  Are you excited to Nathan back home??
  • Options
    Yeah, I had to turn it into GM because no one was coming in here :P. I was thinking I might be juts talking to myself.

I'm so excited!  I was really nervous about him driving home, and he admitted it was a little dicey at times, but he made it.  Shoveling out his car was another story. Blegh.
  • Options
    Haha, okay, I changed the name to something more reflective of the true nature of the thread. 

I'm killing time until I can meet N for lunch, then hit up Anthropologie with my GC.
  • Options
    We are going to a dinner party. I wish we were staying home. Isn't that horrible? I currently have a ferrero rocher cheese cake in the oven for said dinner party. I think that next year DH and I will go to the cottage by ourselves. I don't know why I think I would enjoy that more but I feel like I would. 
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:866b755d-11db-4c0a-8938-cb92925f1f2ePost:27c2e870-0ea4-4303-a1ef-239cf2ef84b4">Re: Come here and talk, yo</a>:
    [QUOTE] I currently have a <strong>ferrero rocher cheese cake</strong> in the oven for said dinner party.
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

That sounds delish!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    H and I have reservations for dinner at 5:30.  After that we'll come back home and hang out (I have a bottle of wine in the fridge I plan on drinking), and hopefully will be in bed long before midnight.  I'm so tired that I don't think I can make it to midnight.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:866b755d-11db-4c0a-8938-cb92925f1f2ePost:27c2e870-0ea4-4303-a1ef-239cf2ef84b4">Re: Come here and talk, yo</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are going to a dinner party. I wish we were staying home. Isn't that horrible? I currently have a ferrero rocher cheese cake in the oven for said dinner party. I think that next year DH and I will go to the cottage by ourselves.<strong> I don't know why I think I would enjoy that more but I feel like I would. </strong>
    That does sound delicious.

I get you. For me, I think it's because I know I have to go back to work, and we have two and a half weeks until midterms, so it's going to be hell month. Plus my grad semester starts in a few weeks.  That's why I just can't get it up for staying out all night partying.
  • Options
    Volunteering for the community NYE party, I'm passing around appetizers, but I get my dinner for free and after that I can do whatever. Plus it's an excuse to get all pretty. Other than that, nada.
  • Options
    We might go out to dinner. I'm going to go buy and then wear something sparkly (if I can find anything sparkly. Damn you shopping mall!) H is on call, so we'll be home early.
     We'll either watch a movie, or I'll get tipsy and we'll play Operation.
  • Options
    Everyone's dinner plans make me feel like we should at least make the effort to go out.  Although we just went out yesterday :P.  If I buy something cute at Anthro, though, I'll be disappointed that we stayed in.

Meh, we'll probably just get some wine and drink at home, play RockBand, and watch the ball drop. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:866b755d-11db-4c0a-8938-cb92925f1f2ePost:64459b67-b6d7-47cc-bded-7b2dcda2dc03">Re: Come here and talk, yo</a>:
    [QUOTE]We might go out to dinner. I'm going to go buy and then wear something sparkly (if I can find anything sparkly. Damn you shopping mall!) H is on call, so we'll be home early.  We'll either watch a movie, or I'll get tipsy and we'll play Operation.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]
    What does your H do again, Jas?

Any--is it like a housing community/neighborhood thing? I always wanted to live somewhere with a clubhouse where everyone gets together and has block party-type events.
  • Options
    If I were at home with just DH I would still make a wicked dinner and what not. That part is fun. I love my friends but sometimes socializing is exhausting. 
  • Options
    We're doing nada. H bought red wine last night so he'll probably crack that open and try to convince me that it's delicious, but he won't win. Red wine makes me cringe with every sip.

Sometimes they have fireworks downtown that we can see from the dock, so if we're up that late (yeah right, we all know I'm in bed by 8 or 9) we might watch.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:866b755d-11db-4c0a-8938-cb92925f1f2ePost:bcf9f1cf-1047-4fcc-ada2-a5dc55a1bd8f">Re: Come here and talk, yo</a>:
    [QUOTE]If I were at home with just DH I would still make a wicked dinner and what not. That part is fun. I love my friends but sometimes socializing is exhausting. 
    That's what I would do too, and in fact that's what our plan was until we found out tonight is the last night this restaurant will be open for the season.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I have no concept of time.  I just remembered we did go out last year for NYE because we were in IN.  Hello, sig pic.  Maybe that's why I just want a relaxing night.  Last year was fun, but exhausting.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:866b755d-11db-4c0a-8938-cb92925f1f2ePost:174944d9-5b62-467e-9361-1ea5cafe4d3d">Re: Come here and talk, yo</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come here and talk, yo : That's what I would do too, and in fact that's what our plan was until we found out tonight is the last night this restaurant will be open for the season.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

<div>I would just as easily go out for dinner. I love going out for nice dinners, it is where we spend most of our money actually. I know that if we ate out less we would have much more money but I really enjoy nice dinners with DH.  However, in my attempt to lose weight over the next few months we are going to curb it since I know dinners out are notoriously bad for my waistline.</div>
  • Options
    We've been invited to a few things, but will probably end up doing nothing, we suck.

Good Morning!  Work today is going to be a bitch.  I work for a beer distributor.  Everyone waits til the last minute, then it's "OMG, It's a Friday!  And a holiday!  How did we forget?? Why didn't anyone tell us?? " (Calls me at 3:30PM on a Friday to order...)
    My butt is Wrkn9:15-7 today. (I came in late in retaliation.)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Okay, well, it's time to start getting ready for Panera lunch. Mmmm.  Talk to you guys later! Happy New Year!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:866b755d-11db-4c0a-8938-cb92925f1f2ePost:9c0da52b-b1a4-4737-b42e-a55514c10868">Re: Come here and talk, yo</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come here and talk, yo : What does your H do again, Jas? Any--is it like a housing community/neighborhood thing? I always wanted to live somewhere with a clubhouse where everyone gets together and has block party-type events.
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, it's at the community centre. Should be fun, live band and all that. Mostly, free dinner. That's what I care about.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:866b755d-11db-4c0a-8938-cb92925f1f2ePost:db0f474d-427e-453d-ac35-e4a4fed1f3f5">Re: Come here and talk, yo</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, well, it's time to start getting ready for Panera lunch. Mmmm.  Talk to you guys later! Happy New Year!
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

YUM!  I have a $10 gift card, and I didn't pack my lunch.  That's a good idea!
  • Options
    Dinner at home of some kind (undecided, depends on how much I feel like cooking/eating at this point), some small things to nosh on, drinks. I was going to down this russian vodka my brother got me for christmas, but I dont think vodka+cold medication goes really well, so I may just have a small handful of beers. We rented some movies to watch - Godfather 3 (we watched 1 and 2 for the first time earlier in the week), and Dinner with schmucks. So we will just veg out and do that until midnight. Kiss, go to bed.
  • Options
    look at THIS...AATB? who else is ND? And Roxy is going to be waking up to some cold weather!
  • Options
    FI and I are pretty bummed out about NYE this year. I have always hosted a party at my place, every year since I was in HS. The guest list has shrunk over the years with people moving away but we could usually count on 4 or 5 people coming, this year no one is coming. Lame. So we have reservations at The Melting Pot at 5:30 and then we'll come home and have some drink, play Wii and hang out just the two of us. There's a party in Harlem we got invited to, but I don't feel like going into the city tonight, it's too friggin crowded and then one of us would have to behave to drive. We'll make the most of it :)

Photobucket
  • Options
    I really, really want to stay home.  FI wants to go to this huge party at his friend's house, and I'm just not feeling it.  Plus he lives about an hour away, and that's not a drive I feel like making on a night like tonight.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:866b755d-11db-4c0a-8938-cb92925f1f2ePost:cf51756e-7479-4b42-a30c-85a6b9c1e574">Re: Come here and talk, yo</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and I are pretty bummed out about NYE this year. I have always hosted a party at my place, every year since I was in HS. The guest list has shrunk over the years with people moving away but we could usually count on 4 or 5 people coming, this year no one is coming. Lame. So we have reservations at The Melting Pot at 5:30 and then we'll come home and have some drink, play Wii and hang out just the two of us. There's a party in Harlem we got invited to, but I don't feel like going into the city tonight, it's too friggin crowded and then <strong>one of us would have to behave to drive</strong>. We'll make the most of it :)
    Posted by kcullen37[/QUOTE]

That's the sucky part about NYE.

There's a bar here where we know the owners.  They'll come pick us up and drive us home at the end of the night. But it's a $10 cover, and we'll end up spending a crapload on drinks.  I don't feel like dropping $150 to hang out in a crowded bar.
  • Options
    Morning!
    H and I are heading up to our cabin and doing NYE with my parents, my brother and his gf and the neighbors up there.  Most of the people are in their 70s but they're usually entertaining.
  • Options
    o I don't have to be at lunch until 1.  And now I'm staaarrrrving. Blegh.  Oh, well, Panera is worth it.  Enjoy, Wrkn!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards