Snarky Brides
Options

What do you wish you liked?

I wish I liked roller coasters. Scott and his family LOVE them but we never go on trips because I am terrified of them. I hate the free falling sensation but also don't want to sit on a bench for 2 hours alone while they are in line.

I wish I liked blue cheese. Everyone talks about how great it is but I can't stomach it.

Re: What do you wish you liked?

• Options
    There's a lot of foods that I wish that I liked, but just don't.  Curry and wine come to mind.

Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Running. I wish I liked running. Or really any kind of exercise.
  • Options
    I wish I liked cheese in general.  I can only eat it on a few items and even then not much!

I wish I liked driving..I'd do anything to get out of driving somewhere.

I also wish I liked beer.  It would make things SO much easier.
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I second CEW's running. I also wish I liked Seafood. But, I don't.

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I wish I liked wine - I live in a huge wine region and I hate the stuff.

I wish I liked olives.

I wish I liked socializing more.
  • Options
    I wish I liked animated movies. We just saw Toy Story 3, and it was good, but I prefer looking at real people. All of my friends are in love with Disney and Pixar and I just am not.

I wish I liked beer. Then I would be able to drink my friends' alcohol and not always have to bring my own.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Ditto Cew on the running.  I'm jealous of people that feel good after running/working out. 
  • Options
    I wish I liked running.  I don't mind elliptical machines so much, but I hate treadmills and running outside. 

i wish I liked grapes. Something about the texture just disgusts me for some reason. When I was little, I couldn't even look at them without gagging.
  • Options
    A part of me also wishes I liked alcohol. I'm so tired of people thinking I'm weird or a major party-pooper just because I don't always have a beer in hand. Seriously, what's so wrong with preferring a Coke?

I wish I enjoyed exercising. I really want to get toned but working out seems so unappealing to me.

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    I wish I liked alcohol LESS
  • Options
    I also wish I liked how I look in pictures.  I despise 99.9% of pictures of myself, and I'm terrified that I'll hate all of my wedding pictures and never want to look at them.
  • Options
    I wish I liked Chinese Food.
    I wish I liked drinking alcohol but I don't.
    I wish I liked wedding planning so I would get some stuff done.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    You dont like chinese food?!?!?
  • Options
    I'm a real picky eater, so there are too many to list and think of but I just wish I would like a lot more then what I do.

I sometimes wish I could at least like beer a little bit. It'd be cheaper and so much easier to get a beer and talk and hang out vs drink one $5 drink that has a shot of something in it.. I think you just get more out of a beer then you do a mix drink for less.

I wish I would like movies with vampires and warewolves so I could actually go to a movie or hang out with my best friend when she watches these movies.
    We've been best friends since birth, have tons in common except movies! ahah I probably would change something to have movies in common with her. 
    ahah I know I'm lame!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Hot oatmeal.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    I wish I liked coffee.  On those mornings where I am dragging, I end up drinking a coke and coffee is way more socially acceptable to drink in the morning.

And ditto PP about working out.  I just don't see the appeal.
  • Options
    i wish i liked being photographed.

being in front of a camera stressed me out and i hate having my picture taken...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wish-liked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:889a3c6b-55e0-43a1-bd27-8776df64d130Post:8f5d9804-3e5e-4051-959f-012002774b30">Re: What do you wish you liked?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You dont like chinese food?!?!?
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    I don't.  I haven't eaten it since I was about 12.  I really wish I did because I always have to get something else when everyone gets it.  Whenever people go out for it I just stay home.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wish I like mustard.

I wish I liked ANY spicy foods. If it's really hot, I just can't eat it. It gives me stomach problems.

I wish I liked salad. I just can never really get into salad.
  • Options
    I second the wish of running...I used to train for 5k and will never do that again because I hate running
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i agree with PP i wish i liked working out!

i wished i liked eating healthy so i could loose some dayum weight!

i also wish pap's were a little more enjoyable...its really a task to go to the doctor when you know you need one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I wish I liked mayonnaise. Blech.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wish-liked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:889a3c6b-55e0-43a1-bd27-8776df64d130Post:4ca22a46-78a6-405b-b91e-be9bb2ba2819">Re: What do you wish you liked?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish I like mustard. I wish I liked ANY spicy foods. If it's really hot, I just can't eat it. It gives me stomach problems. I wish I liked salad. I just can never really get into salad.
    Posted by btrflykate1230[/QUOTE]
    I dont like mustard either, but its INCREDIBLE in a marinade. it makes the meat so incredibly tender.
  • Options
    I wish I liked alcohol as well. I just don't like the taste of any liquor (unless it's like...half of a shot with a whole can of coke), beer tastes like nasty water, and I don't get the appeal of wine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wish-liked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:889a3c6b-55e0-43a1-bd27-8776df64d130Post:fdd9f226-dcaa-446a-87de-917594b47b41">Re: What do you wish you liked?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i agree with PP i wish i liked working out! i wished i liked eating healthy so i could loose some dayum weight!<strong> i also wish pap's were a little more enjoyable.</strong>..its really a task to go to the doctor when you know you need one.
    Posted by jelique7[/QUOTE]
    If paps were AT ALL enjoyable, I would be really creeped out.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wish-liked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:889a3c6b-55e0-43a1-bd27-8776df64d130Post:816494ac-f63c-491f-9037-a3ab2ffa0a8b">Re: What do you wish you liked?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish I liked alcohol as well. I just don't like the taste of any liquor (unless it's like...half of a shot with a whole can of coke), beer tastes like nasty water, and I don't get the appeal of wine.
    Posted by brintae[/QUOTE]

You should try Boone's. It's like drinking koolaid..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Ugh paps...haven't we developed the technology for them to just see right through us or run a machine over our skin and get the info they need? Someone needs to get on that.
  • Options
    megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wish-liked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:889a3c6b-55e0-43a1-bd27-8776df64d130Post:7aab7191-a7c7-434b-acbd-d93cfdbad555">Re: What do you wish you liked?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Running. I wish I liked running. Or really any kind of exercise.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I wish I liked or loved running and exercising. I find it to be a chore.

Actually I wish I liked a lot of chores, cleaning, laundry, etc...it would make life a lot more fun if chores were fun!
  • Options
    I wish I liked onions. They're in EVERYTHING.

I like exercising, but I wish I liked using the elliptical. It's such a better workout than just the treadmill but I LOATHE getting on that thing.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I wish I liked cheese. I finally developed a taste for melted mozzarella, but I can't stomach anything else. I was always picky about food and hated most meat (other than chicken) and all dairy. I kept forcing myself to try foods I don't like, and now I love seafood and I'm pretty adventurous about trying new foods, but anything prepared with cheese or anything creamy literally makes me gag. I hate being perceived as finicky or ungracious, so I have choked down meals I can't stand when someone cooks a meal with cheese, butter, cream, etc. Life would be much easier if I could tolerate or actually enjoy these basic ingredients, and if I wasn't THAT annoying person at a restaurant asking that my food isn't prepared with cheese or butter...I figured out it's easier just to feign an allergy.

I also echo Flyjawn--I wish I liked being photographed! Confidence isn't my issue...I'm no model, but I'm happy with my appearance and my body. But I am not photogenic, period.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards