Snarky Brides
Options

Bridemaids Gifts?

Hi ladies.  I am stumped. STUMPED on what to get my BMs for a gift.   Anyone have any ideas for a fabulous (yet reasonably priced) gift?

Thank you!!!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Bridemaids Gifts?

• Options
    Shop for them like it's their birthday.  I got each of my girls tote bags with their monograms in their fave colors and filled the bags with stuff that they like.  My sister got Nurse Jackie on dvd, a NCLEX-RN study guide, a silver plated dolphin shaped bottle opener and octoberfest beer soap; my cousin got a cigarette case with a pug on it, a perfect brownie pan, futuresexlovemagic concert on Bluray and a box of her favorite tea; my sis in law got a thai silk coin purse, a nat geo book about different travel destinations, seasons 1 & 2 of 21 jump street and a mug with pics of johnny depp all over it
    I also put some lotion and a pashmina scarf in each bag.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hey! I got each of my girls custom made jewelry. The great part is that it will look great with their dress but the pieces are so gorgeous they will wear them again. I customized the MOH's pieces to match her personality more while keeping the other pieces neutral enough that everyone will love them. I also had silk clutches handmade for each of them. Again- I did this in neutral colors so they can use each piece again after the wedding.

And because my MOH is planning the shower on her own (my BMs are CRAZY busy so the MOH volunteered and hasnt complained once), I am giving her a gift certificate to cover the cost of her hair the day of the wedding.

In all- this came out to about $90 a BM and about $130 for the MOH

AND- my MOH and FH's BM are a couple.. so we are covering the cost of their hotel room as a surprise. In addition to all the planning, they are taking care of our cats during our honeymoon. This is a little extra thank you (I will probably leave a bottle of champagne in the room as well).

I know these aren't the most personalized gifts but I know these handmade pieces are something they can keep forever.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    I'm getting all the ladies Amore & Baci bracelets.  They are similar to Pandora's but they're made in Italy as opposed to China. 
    This style for bridesmaids (They'll all get charms, too. MOH getting additional charms):

This for the FG and jr. bridesmaid: (but with different charms)

And this style for the moms: (These are nice because the clasps are magnetic)

The bases are only like $35 each...then the charms are extra.  Plus, then we can get them charms in the future to add on to them for b-days, holidays, etc.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    My goal with my wedding is to not buy anything that is going to only be used on the day of and then be tossed into the garbage.  That means no cheesy rhinestone bedazzled "Bridesmaid" shirts or cheap jewelry that looks like it popped off of a mannequin at David's Bridal.  And, because of its human rights violations, I try my hardest to not buy anything that has been made in China.  I work at a non-profit organization, and have tons of student loans, so I'm also trying to stick to a reasonable budget. 

For my maids, I bought canvas tote bags on sale from JCrew and plan to get their names embroidered on the front.  I am filling the totes with various goodies that (hopefully) will be used again.  I bought cute little fabric jewelry boxes from Anthropologie and am putting necklaces inside of them.  I bought the necklaces (also on sale) at RedEnvelope, and each one has the maid's birthstone.  I bought compact mirrors from Anthropologie that are engraved with the girls' initials.  I'm going to put some other inexpensive items inside the tote, like flip flops (for the end of the night, when their feet get tired) and a little survival kit (tissues, sewing kit, bandaids, breath mints).  Altogether, it's under $100 per bridesmaid.  

The tote bags I bought have sold out on JCrew, but the GAP has some cute totes on sale right now for under $20, and there are frequently promo codes that can get you an extra 15-20% off, and/or free shipping.  

Old Navy always has uber cheap flip flops (it doesn't get much cheaper than $2 a pair).  LL Bean and JCrew have adorable flip flops with grosgrain ribbon straps and various designs, but they run $20-$40 a pair. 

I also loved Etsy.com for jewelry and satin clutches.  

Macy's doesn't have super great deals on jewelry online, but I seem to find fabulous bargains in the stores themselves, during their sale weekends.  For example, with the extra percent off by using a Macy's card during a sale, I have gotten pearl necklaces there on two separate occasions for $13 (Retail was $80).  Take a look at Ross-Simons.com.  I have bought jewelry there for myself and for gifts for others numerous times.  They have very reasonable prices and almost always have promotions for an additional percent off. 

Another place that you may want to check for reasonably priced accessories (sandals, purses, fun jewelry) is Ann Taylor Loft.  Right now, you get an extra 50% off all clearance items (in store only).  And, if you are a teacher (or know someone who is and take her with you), you get an extra 10% off.

I would recommend going to RetailMeNot.com to type in names of stores where you find things you like, and see if there are discount codes you can use to defray the cost.  Things get expensive when you multiply the cost by several bridesmaids. 

Phew!  That was a lot of info!  Good luck and happy hunting!        
  • Options
    xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    bacon of the month.
  • Options
    Xo- can I be one of your BMs?
  • Options
    I got my girls a makeup bag and mirror set that says bridesmaid or moh on it! They are really cute, and I wish I would have ordered the bride one.

I also got each of them a pair of pedicure houseshoes since we will all be getting our nails and toes done the day before together. They are way cute! and have a cover so they can be worn as regular houseshoes and then as toe seperaters!

I got all of this at abcdistributing and i think the total for each bm and moh was under $20.

I am planning on giving them personalized jewelry as well, but havent chosen that as of yet!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards