Snarky Brides

Weird Habits/Things

Re: Weird Habits/Things

• Lol, I dunno, I'm just always doing it.  I feel hotter that way.  I've done it as long as I can remember.
    panther
  • Not 24/7 AATB but whenever I'm standing up, yes. 
  • Midge, that is so funny, my mom has told me that I eat like a rabbit.  Meaning - I chew really, really fast, lol.
    panther
  • reilsreils member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I hate socks. I wear them maybe 5 times a year. They are just icky. It's ike my feet are claustraphobic or something. 

Like Sesh, I am not a huge fan of company. I am okay if I know they people fairly well but we had Christams a few years ago and SIL brought a friend of her's that I had never met and nobody told us she was coming. I am still weirded out by that. 

Sewf reminded me that I hate reading just a single book, I always try to read a series. I get so sad when I finished the book, it's like the world inside that book has ended. When I am reading a series I have to read them all in order, even if the series is 20 books long. 

I also talk to other cars on the road, like stay in your lane Mr.Truck, or please stop little car. 
  • edited April 2012
    haha I can imagine the looks, AATB! :) I never felt as cool driving our old Blazer because it was 17 years old and falling apart.

Now? This Eddie Bauer edition beauty makes me feel like I could run over anything that got in my way. Yeah I think I grow a diick when I drive it or something.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:8c8dd65a-4fb4-43c9-9b40-9d2fb8b516fb">Re: Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone else hold their stomach in 24/7?  Please someone say yes.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Yes. The only time my stomach muscles aren't engaged is when I'm sleeping. It's not like I'm sucking my stomach in, it's more like my abs are kept tight.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • edited April 2012
    Old Blazer?  Girl, in high school I drove a 1978 Dodge Diplomat.  I would have cut off a boob for a friggen Blazer, lol. 

That car was pimpin, though.  Way too old to sustain any damage in a high school parking lot, it was like, door ding resistant.  Baby blue interior, sagging ceiling, royal blue vinyl top, massive ass grill on the front.  The one time I went into the ditch with it I just glided in, it was too wide to roll.

It was also equipped with a farm radio, because yeah, I didn't have a cell phone.

Also, no A/C and in the winter it took a half hour for the heat to work.  And once you got up over 50 mph it would shimmy like a motherfucker.
    panther
  • Any other forest animal eaters like AATB and I? lol

I also talk to other cars and the lights. Like if I'm stuck at a red light FOREVER I'll say "My turn! You can change any minute now." or "There's no one here, who is going?"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:3bf7c56d-ff64-4cec-8e9b-2826615f1439">Re: Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weird Habits/Things : Yes. The only time my stomach muscles aren't engaged is when I'm sleeping. It's not like I'm sucking my stomach in, it's more like my abs are kept tight.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

Yes THIS.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:8c8dd65a-4fb4-43c9-9b40-9d2fb8b516fb">Re: Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone else hold their stomach in 24/7?  Please someone say yes.

Yes!

My aunt told me when I was younger that it will eventually become 'permanent' if I do it all the time. She was right.
    5/27/12
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:ec1062c1-28d5-45f5-9a9c-5def08f6a888">Re: Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]Old Blazer?  Girl, in high school I drove a 1978 Dodge Diplomat.  I would have cut off a boob for a friggen Blazer, lol.  That car was pimpin, though.  Way too old to sustain any damage in a high school parking lot, it was like, door ding resistant.  Baby blue interior, sagging ceiling, royal blue vinyl top, massive ass grill on the front.  The one time I went into the ditch with it I just glided in, it was too wide to roll. It was also equipped with a farm radio, because yeah, I didn't have a cell phone. Also, no A/C and in the winter it took a half hour for the heat to work.  And once you got up over 50 mph it would shimmy like a motherfucker.

Haha I didn't drive anything in HS. I would've loved a car! lol. We've been driving the blazer with almost 300,000 miles on it, at 17 yrs old lol. No heat or AC either. Clunkers are awesome ;) I love the farm radio though, thats great. haha.
  • I can only tolerate ketchup on a couple things - like fries, for example.  Ben puts it on lots of stuff.  He puts ketchup on steaks.  I always give him a glare when he does that, lol.

When I was waiting tables, my bartender co-worker had a phobia of sorts of ketchup.  One night after everyone was done with their shift we took all the ketchup bottles and lined them up on the bar so they would be there in the morning when he came to work, he was so fucking pissed, lol.  For real though, every time I cleared a table and someone had put their napkin in the plate, and it was touching ketchup, it made me want to hurl. 
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:8f39a24b-7689-4ef6-90d3-943d77379356">Re: Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weird Habits/Things : I've never been compared to an animal (eating habit wise) but for some reason I have a really hard time keeping my mouth closed when chewing. I've been told I chew really loud because of it.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

I can't chew with my mouth open, lol.  From a young age my mother basically whipped us into chewing with our mouths closed.

Musu, my dad's old work truck - we have no idea how many miles are on it.  He couldn't remember if the odometer had turned over once or twice when he finally got rid of it!
    panther
  • reilsreils member
    First Comment
    I used to put ketchup on pretty much everything. Even chicken noodle soup. I was a weird child. 
  • haha that is awesome, AATB. I can't even believe we managed to sell it for $1000.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:4b5112a0-aa36-495f-95ff-5bb5819cfef4">Re: Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weird Habits/Things : ZOMG, you must not be a real woman!!11!!!11!! Eh, I don't hate chocolate but if I never had it again, I wouldn't think twice.  Same for ketchup.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Shhh! Don't expose my secret!
  • I000n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:4b0f9874-9a44-4832-8b42-d8d33f01a921">Re: Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used to put ketchup on pretty much everything. Even chicken noodle soup. I was a weird child. 
    Posted by reils[/QUOTE]

Never heard of that one, but my uncle probably does it too. All of his brothers put ketchup on 99% of foods it seems because their mother burnt everything growing up.
  • I have a story about the time my dad sold our family car to a guy from the rez.  I think my dad just gave it to the guy, actually.  As he drove away we heard the scary sounds of the Crown Vic for the last time.  My dad said we all better pray the muffler waited until at least the highway to fall off.

Reils, one of my old roommates did ketchup in chicken noodle soup.  Made me GAG when she ate that.  Takes a lot to make me ill, I will eat just about anything.  She was sick one time and I asked her if I could do anything to help, and she wanted chicken noodle soup with ketchup in it.  She's lucky she didn't get chicken noodle soup with ketchup and chunks.
    panther
  • My weirdest habit is that I crack my knuckles constantly. Like, I should be on True Life I'm Addicted to Cracking My Knuckles. FI hates it.
    5/27/12
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:f30ad219-6718-4d45-b6fb-dc8666f57580">Re: Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I have a story about the time my dad sold our family car to a guy from the rez. </strong> I think my dad just gave it to the guy, actually.  As he drove away we heard the scary sounds of the Crown Vic for the last time.  My dad said we all better pray the muffler waited until at least the highway to fall off. Reils, one of my old roommates did ketchup in chicken noodle soup.  Made me GAG when she ate that.  Takes a lot to make me ill, I will eat just about anything.  She was sick one time and I asked her if I could do anything to help, and she wanted chicken noodle soup with ketchup in it.  She's lucky she didn't get chicken noodle soup with ketchup and chunks.

<div>
    </div><div>They have a name for these: "Rez runners"- the rundown POS cars you see everywhere on the rez.</div>
  • One of my college friends put sugar on her mac and cheese. She'd make it at my house since I was the only one off campus and a few times I found cheese gunk in the sugar bowl. I was not pleased. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have a thing where I have to shake the milk carton and then smell the milk before I pour it. Every time. Even if I made a coffee with it two hours prior, I will shake and smell once more.

I do it at work too...I think my coworkers think I'm weird. I'm just trying to prevent people from having rancid milk! :)
  • We call them "rez runners" up here too Kate!
    panther
  • reilsreils member
    First Comment
    BIL eats cinnamon eggos with cheeze whiz and frosted flakes with chocolate milk. So gross. 

• MuSu - reservation (Native American land). 

My sister crashed my dad's '76 Blazer and I still haven't forgiven her for it. 
  • I can't watch a surgical procedure, so shows like nip/tuck or the ones on tlc with bariatric patients and the surgeon takes you into the operating room? no.

If I'm sitting in a two person seat where the other person's parts (any parts) spill over the line of demarcation and onto "my" chair, it makes me fidgety.

As a concentration thing, I pick at my lower lip.

One food cannot be of two opposing textures.   Nachos, for example.  But if they are separated, I can take a bite of one texture and a bite of another in the same forkful.

Ketchup and napkins, if I have the need for either, I feel compelled to get extra.  I took my kid to a burger joint once that had run out of ketchup as we got there.  She ate, I couldn't. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:c5a55de3-46ae-47b7-888c-cb41932f46cf">Re: Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weird Habits/Things : I tend to say stuff like "lets move your big truck ass!" FI laughs and shakes his head.
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>You know what I REALLY hated? That trend where trucks sported those ball sacks hanging from the rear.  Especially on the POS trucks...drove me nuts.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:65ab9106-847c-4e6c-8a1b-623c83bbd5d7">Re: Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weird Habits/Things : You know what I REALLY hated? That trend where trucks sported those ball sacks hanging from the rear.  Especially on the POS trucks...drove me nuts.
    Posted by Lizzieyounce[/QUOTE]

Those things are STILL everywhere around here. Guess that's what I get for living in a ruralish county in KY.
  • When I eat a burger or sandwich, at some point while eating it, I wil take it apart and eat each individual piece

Tomatos make me gag, but I love anything made with tomatoes (sauce, soup, ketchup, etc).  I just can't eat fresh tomatoes.

I chew on my straws.

knotsigpicture Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards