Snarky Brides
Options

World Market

Do any of you shop here?  There's one located about 2.5 hours away in H's hometown and they have a table that we really want if we don't find on this weekend (we're probably hosting Christmas so our 4 chair pub table isn't going to cut it lol).  The problem is we have no way of getting it back up here if we buy it down there (unless it's packed in a super tiny box that will fit in my fusion) and I really don't want to waste $40 on shipping.  Do they ever do free shipping online?
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: World Market

• Options
    I've bought decorations from there before, but I've heard that their furniture isn't the greatest quality. I would maybe look for a similar table from other stores.  Do you have a link?  
  • Options
    Sorry I'm not much help because I've never heard of the place.

But even if it's in a bigger box, could you fasten it to the roof? Or put down the backseats and have it in the trunk?
  • Options
    I do, and I LOVE IT. 

I can convince the FI to go because they have all kind of specialty beers and imports and allow you to "build your own 6-pack"...

Lots of cool cooking supplies, decorations, etc.
  • Options
    We have one here (love that store) but I have never purchased online from them.  I didn't see a free shipping code on promotionalcodes.com; however I did get a 10% coupon for my next online order by signing up for their email list.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Yeah I've heard mixed reviews from different people.  I guess maybe it depends on the type of furniture (bedroom, dining, etc.).

We're looking at these two ( I know very different lol)

Table 1

Table 2

We could probably have it hang out the trunk if we really had to.  Although when we strapped our Christmas tree to the roof last year I drove 30mph all the way home ha ha
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up about the mailing list coupon Les!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I've never gotten furniture there, but we like the food/wine/home decor and have been pleased witht he quality. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    When I clicked on your link it said at the top "Enroll now for free shipping" if you become an explorer?
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Honestly, for those prices I would watch the local furniture store sales.  We have a few chain stores in my area that have comparable prices and do have sales where they have free shipping.  Free shipping from an actual furniture store tends to mean that the delivery guys put it together as well.  I've heard a lot of nightmares about furniture that you put together on your own being delivered dented, scratched, etc. and that returning it is a pain. 

I would personally shop more.  I've seen the second table at other furniture stores for the same price.  Especially if you're looking to have it by Christmas.  If it shows up in poor condition and then you have to return it (deal with customer service, etc.) you'll be SOL.
  • Options
    I like World Market, but I wouldn't buy furniture from there.

You can find better stuff elsewhere. 

(but I'm also a little bit of a furniture snob, growing up around the manufacturing and furniture market areas can do that to you)
  • Options
    I loved World Market, until the store in our town went out of business. They always had a great wine selection. And I love the jewelry and cards there. Now I miss it all over again.
  • Options

Are there any Ikeas near you? You can find similar quality for cheaper. God, I love Ikea so hard.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_world-market?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8ba8fb85-3bbf-4e70-99fa-0a852ec5c53bPost:891d2244-9ba7-4b7f-9d16-688a34844fe7">Re: World Market</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah I've heard mixed reviews from different people.  I guess maybe it depends on the type of furniture (bedroom, dining, etc.). We're looking at these two ( I know very different lol) Table 1 Table 2 We could probably have it hang out the trunk if we really had to.  Although when we strapped our Christmas tree to the roof last year I drove 30mph all the way home ha ha
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

We have a world market in ATL and I was looking for coffee tables and side tables for our living room. The second table you linked, the Sourav table, also comes in coffee table form and I went there to go look at it (and possibly buy it). The tops of both the coffee, side, and dining tables has this weird texturizing that is not at all smooth - which I never realized when looking online. I can't describe it, but it is not a smooth surface, I thought they were trying to go for a "distressed" look, but its like a raised pattern of sorts.

So I didn't buy because of this and also I realized they had the same prices for coffee and side tables as Pottery Barn. So I bought one from there.

That being said they did have all of the dining room furniture on display and I thought the tables looked great (besides the sourav). They looked sturdy and I was thinking about buying one in the future (Verona is maybe the style I liked in the store).

Just wanted to warn you before you bought it online- I would definitely go look at it and make sure it's your taste.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This is similar to your first table but over $100 cheaper.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40072207

There are a few Ikeas in FL, but I don't know what the first coast is.
  • Options
    Good to know about the quality, we'll pop in the actual store when were are down there in a few weeks and check things out in person.

And Zippity, I love IKEA so very much but they are 2 hours away =(.

I keep saying they need to build one here because they would make a KILLING in a college/young professionals town.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Not going to lie, I could go there every weekend if I was so inclined. They always change their stuff up, and I HAVE to walk through the whole showroom. And they just put their Christmas stuff out!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I love World Market. Our dining table and bar are from there, on sale. I'd say it's similar to nicer Ikea pieces in quality. Certainly not less than Ikea!

They pack them in flat boxes (think: Ikea). If you can strap it to your roof, you'll be fine. I'm pretty sure I put our dining table in my 2-door compact Saturn with the back seats folded down. I MAY have had to take some pieces out of the box.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I love World Market. In fact, I clicked on this post simply BECAUSE I love World Market. We bought our wooden patio furniture from there, and it has held up amazingly well. So I think the quality is decent.

However, I had a Jeep at the time, so we just drove the table and chairs home ourselves. They did come in flat boxes though....so you may be able to strap it to the top of your car...
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I don't normally post here but when I saw the post about World Market I figured I would. FI and I bought the Sourav table about 2 years ago. We actually bought the entire Sourav dining room set. We love it! I would say that the quality of the table is higher than an Ikea quality. What PP said is right about it though,the top of the table does have a texture to it (we liked that about it though). The only thing I would say about it, is that it is very heavy. We wound up getting a friend with a pick up truck to pick it up with us because the box was too heavy and long to put on the roof of either of our cars.
    September 2011 November Siggy Challenge: First Dance Photo (I still haven't uploaded all of my wedding pictures, so here's a picture of what happens when you mix me, my bridesmaids, a man who hates to dance, and an open bar). imageimage

101 in 1001
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards