Snarky Brides
Options

Hey

Re: Hey

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hey-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8e76a522-8eea-4a7f-a569-9820fdb08992Post:bc018bca-af07-409f-ab7a-77716a75a2e1">Re: Hey</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey : Hey lady, I miss you too.  I need to show you some stuff I bought. Guys. I am so excited for St. Pat's because it's a Saturday.  I'm wearing my "Irish I were drunk" shirt.
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

Haha, I need that shirt. My favorite shirt for that day says "Irish whiskey makes me frisky" I love it. I also have black leggings that I stamped shamrocks onto. I know I've talked about them a bunch but I don't care, I'm obsessed. I too am glad its on a Saturday.
  • Options
    Reils! Me too! I had such lovely skin as a high-schooler.  Now I can't remember the last time my face was free of acne. Something's gotta give.  It seems so counterintuitive to use oil on oil though.

And Nates, I think maybe I'll try out your stuff first.  We'll see how it works... do you just get it at any drugstore/superstore?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    That's awesome, Kayak.  How did you stamp them on?

My skin is more dry that it ever was as a teen, but less breakout prone, thank God. It's a balancing act, though.

Mand, I think you can get it at Walmart, so probably most big stores.  I bought it at a beauty supply store that's owned by BBB.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hey-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8e76a522-8eea-4a7f-a569-9820fdb08992Post:bc018bca-af07-409f-ab7a-77716a75a2e1">Re: Hey</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey : Hey lady, I miss you too.  I need to show you some stuff I bought. Guys. I am so excited for St. Pat's because it's a Saturday.  I'm wearing my "Irish I were drunk" shirt.

<div>WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT SHIRT? I need one ;)</div>
    Wuppikins loves you!

"Hater-ade is full of disrespectrolytes" - Mehg
  • Options
    Mand, I think a lot of the big box stores have it. I know Target does, and I think probably also Kmart and Walmart.
    Wuppikins loves you!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hey-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8e76a522-8eea-4a7f-a569-9820fdb08992Post:5e7a323d-ed8c-4f09-b719-8893cb874431">Re: Hey</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey : WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT SHIRT? I need one ;)
    Posted by ConKFA319[/QUOTE]
    Old Navy, but last year. Want to be twins? Because I say yes.
  • Options
    I have never been out for St Patty's day. It has always been on a weekday for me and I tend to enjoy mu sleep during the week. I may just have to this year.
  • Options
    Nates, I used regular like 59 cent green paint from Michael's haha. I shouldn't say I stamped them either, I actually cut out the shape and painted inside of it with like 4 going down each leg.
  • Options
    Yeah I get my Organix at Target. I've also wanted to do the no shampoo method but I would have to hole myself in my house for a week the first time, because after 2 days without shampoo my hair would be dripping with oil.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hey-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8e76a522-8eea-4a7f-a569-9820fdb08992Post:97e3510f-b1ee-4e68-83a4-dd80c2416979">Re: Hey</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah I get my Organix at Target. I've also wanted to do the no shampoo method but I would have to hole myself in my house for a week the first time, because after 2 days without shampoo my hair would be dripping with oil.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

I can't bold on my phone, but that last bit is me too. I don't know if I could do it without feeling gross.

Come to think of it though when I was unemployed I did go every 3rd day sometimes when I felt like being lazy ( and no shame) and I did notice it changing my hair after a bit, so I know it must work.
  • Options
    I don't think I could go the no shampoo route. My hair can get pretty greasy and I love the way my hair feels when I have just washed and styled it. 
  • Options
    I can't think of a time in the near future where I would have enough days to avoid my internship/school and do it. I don't want to look like a drowned rat in class or at work. Ew my hair is so nasty when it is that oily.
  • Options
    MandK9MandK9 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Omg. I'm reading about the OCM right now, and one of the articles says "Here’s where things get grody. As you continue to massage, you start to feel little grainy bits… which I understand are the clogs coming out of your pores!"

Uh, that freaks me out, but it's like the gross fascination I have with Biore strips.  Man.  That's nasty.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    ewww. I don't get how putting oil onto oily skin would make it better, so I don't know if I'd try it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hey-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8e76a522-8eea-4a7f-a569-9820fdb08992Post:f33e93e8-455d-4ba0-b71a-e04d7312e836">Re: Hey</a>:
    [QUOTE]Omg. I'm reading about the OCM right now, and one of the articles says "Here’s where things get grody. As you continue to massage, you start to feel little grainy bits… which I understand are the clogs coming out of your pores!" <strong>Uh, that freaks me out, but it's like the gross fascination I have with Biore strips.</strong>  Man.  That's nasty.
    Posted by MandK9[/QUOTE]

Hah, yeah, that's one of my odd fascinations too.
  • Options
    Musu, the articles here say oil dissolves oil.  I'm going to try it.  The worst that can happen is that nothing happens, because I have acne already.  Maybe it'll get worse for a second, but whatever.  What have I got to lose, I guess?

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Ha, I used to be obsessed with those Biore strips.

Random aside, but my feet and calves hurt so bad today. I need a good pedi.
  • Options
    Like in Chem, like dissolves like. But the idea of slicking my face with oil just grosses me out.  people have been swearing by it, though.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hey-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8e76a522-8eea-4a7f-a569-9820fdb08992Post:f33e93e8-455d-4ba0-b71a-e04d7312e836">Re: Hey</a>:
    [QUOTE]Omg. I'm reading about the OCM right now, and one of the articles says "Here’s where things get grody.<strong> As you continue to massage, you start to feel little grainy bits… which I understand are the clogs coming out of your pores!</strong>" Uh, that freaks me out, but it's like the gross fascination I have with Biore strips.  Man.  That's nasty.
    Posted by MandK9[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, this is gross, but part of why I want to try it is to see what'll come out. </div>
  • Options
    I recently started washing ever 3-4 days. Before I could go 2-3 with the help of dry shampoo. Now I use very little on my last non washday. I notice my hair lasting longer when I used a root/ volume lift. I do want to try the shampoo you all are raving about.
  • Options
    Nates, you apparently don't use a whole lot of oil, and you rub it into your skin until it's pretty well-absorbed, then steam it out with a hot washcloth. It actually sounds really soothing and I feel like it would be wonderful-feeling at the end of the day. 

• Options
    I also don't have the patience to play around with the formula/oils that will work well for me, but good for those who can do it. I'm sure it's better than running through cleansing products.
  • Options
    I am a little bit worried about getting the ratio of the oils right because how do you ever know if you are right? I feel like you could always be adjusting it and never know if it's the best ratio for your skin. 
  • Options
    Yeah, Reils, I'm too lazy to go to that effort. But, then again, my cleanser works well for me so I don't need something else. Maybe if nothing else worked, I'd put the time in.
  • Options
    I'm trying to figure out what to wear on St. Pat's. I'm already planning on dying my hair red again, so there's that, but beyond that...I don't know. But yeah, DH is Irish, and it's on Saturday, so I MUST do something.
    Wuppikins loves you!

• Options
    Also, is there a cheat sheet somewhere for the OCM? I really want to try it, but I don't even know where to start.
    Wuppikins loves you!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hey-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8e76a522-8eea-4a7f-a569-9820fdb08992Post:4975e7f0-c60d-474f-b8c5-d31051935789">Re: Hey</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm trying to figure out what to wear on St. Pat's. I'm already planning on dying my hair red again, so there's that, but beyond that...I don't know. But yeah, DH is Irish, and it's on Saturday, so I MUST do something with Nates and Mr. Nates.
    Posted by ConKFA319[/QUOTE]
    FTFY.
  • Options
    I am so boring when it comes to dressing up for things like St Pattys day. I'd probably just wear a green t-shirt and paint my nails green.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hey-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8e76a522-8eea-4a7f-a569-9820fdb08992Post:754e0752-6260-4bb8-8072-789fa8221f83">Re: Hey</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am so boring when it comes to dressing up for things like St Pattys day. I'd probably just wear a green t-shirt and paint my nails green.  
    Posted by reils[/QUOTE]
    Like Dodger's said, I usually don't do anything because I can't handle going out on school nights, lol. 

This year, we have stickers, N has a big tall hat, I have a light-up crown, we have shirts and shamrock sunglasses.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hey-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8e76a522-8eea-4a7f-a569-9820fdb08992Post:ffec5fe5-e053-4e4e-9425-19dd6d5c04ff">Re: Hey</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey : FTFY.

<div>Well, that just goes without saying! Wanna come to our neighborhood dive bar and eat the greatest corned beef in the world until you puke?

Hm. I realize I probably didn't make that sound very appealing....</div>
    Wuppikins loves you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards