Snarky Brides
Options

POLL - Do you...

read all previous responses in the thread before posting your own response?

Re: POLL - Do you...

• Options
    I try to, sometimes when the thread is over 100 posts long it is tough to do, but if it is that long I likely don't have anything meaningful to add.

I have had it happen that in the time it takes me to post about 5 other people post the same thing. Always good times. Nobody likes a broken record.
  • Options
    I try to so I dont repeat post.

Oh and so i dont re-open a dead thread with ridiculous advice.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Fuuck reading. It's too hard. Especially when you bitches use big, fancy words.
  • Options
    Depends on the thread and how many responses there are.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_poll-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:91e9fe8a-966f-41b3-9eda-230a1eca1417Post:175fb5b7-8a44-4d37-993e-933c118cb939">Re: POLL - Do you...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Depends on the thread and how many responses there are.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

Yeah and even this is arbitrary to me. If it is a topic about not having kids that goes 18 pages, there is no way in hell I am reading it all. However - if it is a poll about who people love/hate and it goes that long you better believe I am interested ;)
  • Options
    It really just depends on the thread.  I try to but sometimes I just don't, for various reasons.
  • Options
    Yep. I'm always a sucker for a love / hate thread.
  • Options
    If it's already on page 2 I don't even bother posting a response because what I want to say has most likely already been said.

The exception to this would be if someone posts something that I want to comment on, usually because it's either ridiculous or funny.
  • Options
    Jajlph - you mean you don't just rush into threads on page four and say, "OMGZ it is YOUR day girl, don't let peeps get you down! I used drink tickets at my wedding and they were the best lolz, etiquette is totes just a matter of opinion anyway!!!11!"
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_poll-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:91e9fe8a-966f-41b3-9eda-230a1eca1417Post:b9ed62db-a7ee-4a9d-9352-d9e15d339ab2">Re: POLL - Do you...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jajlph - you mean you don't just rush into threads on page four and say, "OMGZ it is YOUR day girl, don't let peeps get you down! I used drink tickets at my wedding and they were the best lolz, etiquette is totes just a matter of opinion anyway!!!11!"
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

Ha! I just finished reading that whole drink ticket fiasco thread. You guys pretty much said everything that I would've said, so I figured why expend the energy typing :P
  • Options
    I love the random "It's YOUR day" or "You go girl!" posts that end up on page 11.
  • Options
    Pffft! I NEVER make it to page 11!
    I live in an instant gratification society & refuse to put that much time into it.

I also hardly ever read a l-o-o-o-o-o-g post. It's like people are SO into themselves that they type a book & I just can't get it up for them.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_poll-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:91e9fe8a-966f-41b3-9eda-230a1eca1417Post:6f13ba60-13d2-4293-ac52-3ad871472998">Re: POLL - Do you...</a>:
    [QUOTE] I also hardly ever read a l-o-o-o-o-o-g post. It's like people are SO into themselves that they type a book & I just can't get it up for them.
    Posted by GeeGirl619[/QUOTE]

I rarely read long posts either. I'm lazy like that.
  • Options
    I loooove the long ones! They're usually chock full of ridiculousness, especially when they don't bother with paragraphs. You just know the OP is in frantic brat mode.
  • Options
    Yes, if I'm going to respond I read all of the replies.  If It's an 8 page thread I'm probably not going to respond because I know anything I have to say has already been stated, so I won't read all the responses.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I do like a long post too, as long as the OP has, at least attempted, to put it into some sort of paragraphic form.  I know, it's alot to ask...

I read responses above, because I get tired (and too lazy) to repeat what the 5,468 previous posters have said.
  • Options
    I'll usually read them if it's only a page or two... or if things get heated and people are b!tching at eachother it usually entertains me enough to keep reading.
  • Options
    I always read them, but usually if it's more than 3 pages I just lose interest.

Not that you aren't all wonderful and witty and funny, puppies/rainbows blah blah blah... my adhd just kicks in, ya know?
  • Options
    It depends on the post.  If it is a do you like it or pics with a which one is best, or sometimes  a poll, depending on the nature of the poll (like this one), I answer first and maybe read some of the posts.  I do this so that my opinion is not swayed in any way.  The other time I don't read all the replies is if, just from the OP, I feel very strongly about it and need to get it out before my head explodes. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I chose "other," because if it's something juicy like a love/hate poll like Meg said, or FFF on E, then I'll definitely read every page even if I missed the first 8. If it's an opinion/debate thread, then I read everything before responding so I don't barge in making a point as if I was the first to think of it. I'd rather agree with and expand on something someone else has already said, or disagree and debate it.

The only ones where I might not read all the way through first are the ones that are strictly "what did you do at your wedding and how did it work out" types of threads. I don't need to read 110 vignettes of people I don't even know who did or didn't do disposable china at their outdoor bbq wedding.

It also really irritates me when people come into the end of well-discussed threads and say, "I didn't read any of the other responses, but here's what I think." Like, really? You couldn't even skim to get the gist of the thread, but still have time to post your probably already stated opinion? Okay then.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_poll-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:91e9fe8a-966f-41b3-9eda-230a1eca1417Post:b65095ac-315c-441c-bb54-1440d61efc82">Re: POLL - Do you...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I chose "other," because if it's something juicy like a love/hate poll like Meg said, or FFF on E, then I'll definitely read every page even if I missed the first 8. If it's an opinion/debate thread, then I read everything before responding so I don't barge in making a point as if I was the first to think of it. I'd rather agree with and expand on something someone else has already said, or disagree and debate it. The only ones where I might not read all the way through first are the ones that are strictly "what did you do at your wedding and how did it work out" types of threads. I don't need to read 110 vignettes of people I don't even know who did or didn't do disposable china at their outdoor bbq wedding.<strong> It also really irritates me when people come into the end of well-discussed threads and say, "I didn't read any of the other responses, but here's what I think."</strong> Like, really? You couldn't even skim to get the gist of the thread, but still have time to post your probably already stated opinion? Okay then.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

I'm completely guilty of doing this on occasion. The few times I've done it, the thread was already past three or four pages, but I had such a strong opinion on the subject that I had to post it regardless of whether or not someone already had.
  • Options
    I read all responses if I have a strong pissy reaction to the OP, or if others have strong reactions to the OP (it is pure entertainment at that point).  I will respond, even if repeating others, if the OP has just annoyed the crap out of me.  If I am repeating, it is my way of venting.  If it is boring, I don't read them all. 

I especially loved the post of blueeyed's that was bombarded with new posts.  M&M, cew and betrothed had me laughing so hard that my sides hurt. :)
    1st pic of us together. Apparently I thought something was funny.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~Holly and Jeff~
    image 232 Made the cut! image 96 Ready to party!
    image 44 Have better things to do!
    image 92 Are going to cause me to have a stroke!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_poll-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:91e9fe8a-966f-41b3-9eda-230a1eca1417Post:42e40d9d-5258-4d7d-a61a-a7792f3d6f75">Re: POLL - Do you...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: POLL - Do you... : I'm completely guilty of doing this on occasion. The few times I've done it, the thread was already past three or four pages, but I had such a strong opinion on the subject that I had to post it regardless of whether or not someone already had.
    Posted by jajph1974[/QUOTE]

Jajph, I'm sure we've all done it at some point in time (I probably have too if I had lots to say but not a lot of time). But I was mostly referring to people who do this more frequently than not in their posts, and it's because they're not interested in becoming a part of the discussion. You're not one of those people IMO. ;)

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    Do you....ever go back and read posts that occur after yours?
    judge the non-traditional, pop their happy little wedding balloons... and sleep better tonight for you have made the world a better place.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_poll-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:91e9fe8a-966f-41b3-9eda-230a1eca1417Post:06cf7667-4797-4122-bdf6-f95d11e6686a">Re: POLL - Do you...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, if I'm going to respond I read all of the replies.  If It's an 8 page thread I'm probably not going to respond because I know anything I have to say has already been stated, so I won't read all the responses.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

<div>This. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_poll-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:91e9fe8a-966f-41b3-9eda-230a1eca1417Post:2343c344-eb53-4283-8cb9-0573b40fc59b">Re: POLL - Do you...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you....ever go back and read posts that occur after yours?
    Posted by Festiva[/QUOTE]
    As you can tell by the head table thread, and the monstrosity that's probably on page 2 or 3 for most of you, I definitely read the replies after my own.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I always check back too, at some point. I think it's weird when people dump a huge story/response and then disappear. (Excluding post and runs because of work, etc., but if people are responding to what you wrote and you haven't bothered to check back because you were done talking, then that's annoying).

• Options
    The head table thread really pissed me off.  Almost no one who was for head tables addressed any of the points that those against head tables brought up, except for a few said that at their wedding, WP dates would be seated at the head table.  That's why I think you should read before you respond.  Chances are, someone has said something that you haven't thought about, especially in a 3-pager. 

Festiva, yes, I generally read the responses after mine.
  • Options
    Ditto Heels on the head table thread. I think it's cool if you pop up later and agree with what someone said as a platform to expand on the issue, but just coming in and saying what you did at your wedding is neither here nor there, and not conducive to a discussion. Think about that socially inept friend who does this in the middle of group conversations. You don't wanna be that guy.

• Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_poll-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:91e9fe8a-966f-41b3-9eda-230a1eca1417Post:f6277f0b-2833-4923-a3cd-54ef8b2dd578">Re: POLL - Do you...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ditto Heels on the head table thread. I think it's cool if you pop up later and agree with what someone said as a platform to expand on the issue, but just coming in and saying what you did at your wedding is neither here nor there, and not conducive to a discussion. Think about that socially inept friend who does this in the middle of group conversations. You don't wanna be that guy.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

i cannot find this thread, but I'm intrigued now...it's been brought up so many times that I simply must see what it's about.  Can anyone provide a link to it?
    judge the non-traditional, pop their happy little wedding balloons... and sleep better tonight for you have made the world a better place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards