Options

Tell me about pugs

2»

Re: Tell me about pugs

• Options
    jujub423jujub423 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    OP, you should definitely look into getting a pug!  I've had mine since he was 8 weeks old, and I will never have any other type of dog.  He is so loving, sweet, loves people, he's calm for the most part, and he is just such a wonderful companion.  I get really annoyed when people say "oh well pugs are prone to being overweight"...um, dogs don't feed themselves.  If your (general your) dog is overweight, it's because of you (general you), period.  Either that, or they have a thyroid condition LOL.  Either way, it's all in how you raise them, train them, etc. 

Personally, I don't care much for the pug mixes because you never really know what you are going to get.  You may get a beagle personality in a pug body, or vice versa. It may have a tiny pug head and a beagle body. You really have to research both the breeds to make sure it's the right type of dog for you.  I like beagles, but I absolutely cannot stand the beagle scream/howl, so I knew I wanted just a pug.  I also can't justify spending $300-$600 (typical in my area) on what is basically a mixed breed dog, when there are so many mixed breed dogs at shelters that need homes.

I would really spend some time researching what breed is right for you and your FI and your lifestyle.  Pugs are pretty adaptable though, they just love to do what you do and be where you are.  I know, I'm biased, but Louie has brought so much joy into mine and FI's life.

ETA:  I don't mean to bash on anyone's pug mix;  I think they can be great dogs,  it's just not for me personally.
  • Options
    Besides the obvious misspelling....how cute is this?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards