Snarky Brides

comfy walking shoes?

Any suggestions for comfortable walking shoes- preferably sandals? I am rehabing a toe injury and sandals are much more comfortable. I need a pair I can walk a lot in though..

TIA

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my book shelf:
Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

Re: comfy walking shoes?

• Doesnt Dr Sholls (sp?) make sandals.  I think Khols sells them?
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Star, I dont know if you will think these are comfy, but when I effed up my big toe (it still hurts to bend it) I found my J. Crew flip flops to be the most comfortable things on the planet.  I walk all over the place in them anyway, but there was something about the squishy-ness of them that made it so much less painful.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• blue-- ooo I will look in to it!

button- thanks for the tip- my injury is also to my big toe!

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Born sandals are some of the comfiest I've ever worn and Koda got some for her trip though I don't remember if she said how they did or not. 
  • ooo girlie- I was just looking at those! Any suggestions on a certain pair?

my book shelf:
  • Kendyl are super comfy and I tried on the Artemis though didn't buy because of color selection. 

• ooo I was looking at the kendyl but I was worried they would lead to backaches because they are so flat!

my book shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_comfy-walking-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9469c725-6162-4acd-8719-17a33f73e952Post:3e6f26a3-52a3-4862-9176-bd49fc03f096">Re: comfy walking shoes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Born sandals</strong> are some of the comfiest I've ever worn and Koda got some for her trip though I don't remember if she said how they did or not. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

I agree! I need a new pair,mine are wore out.
  • which do you have kd?

my book shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_comfy-walking-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9469c725-6162-4acd-8719-17a33f73e952Post:1c84d32d-403d-4b29-902c-ccae69c6e8f3">Re: comfy walking shoes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]which do you have kd?
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

Mine are so old they dont carry them anymore. I bought them at DSW years ago for our Paris trip. But I also have a pair of wedges by them as well, you really cant go wrong.
  • I was actually wearing Born wedges the night H proposed. 

Naturalizer has some really comfy shoes as well Star, though I have more trouble because of width with them (stupid flat wide Fred Flintstone feet). 

• ack- I also have flat wide feet. I will try out Born!

my book shelf:
  • edited August 2012
    I have a pair of New Balance flip flops that are very comfortable. I wouldn't do a long walk in them for exercise, but I have no problem wearing them for long periods of time that involve walking. I can't find a picture of a similar pair, but they are pretty basic.

Due 10/21/13 with our first baby BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_comfy-walking-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9469c725-6162-4acd-8719-17a33f73e952Post:33a649c9-42a9-42e3-a6e6-a6be9610a1be">Re: comfy walking shoes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was actually wearing Born wedges the night H proposed.  Naturalizer has some really comfy shoes as well Star, though I have more trouble because of width with them (<strong>stupid flat wide Fred Flintstone feet</strong>). 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh we really are sisters!</div><div>
    </div><div>Star I have these for work and I love them:</div><div><a href="http://www.zappos.com/born-belinda-black-full-grain" rel="nofollow">http://www.zappos.com/born-belinda-black-full-grain</a> </div>
  • If you tell me you have Cabbage Patch Kid legs too I'll be certain of it Celtic.  :)

There is also B.O.C by Born which looks like it has a lot of options as well (and less expensive). 

http://www.famousfootwear.com/en-US/_/_/B.O.C/_/_/Products.aspx
  • thank you guys!

my book shelf:
  • I have Dansko sandals that are comfy also. They have velcro ( that sounds lame- but you can't see it) at the toe section and also around your ankle. 
    Mine look like this:
  • I have a pair of Merrell sport sandals that I love, love, love. I bought them a few years ago and I don't remember the style name, but that might be a brand to look into.

I used to have a flip-flop addiction, but had to give it up due to "Myrtle", the name I affectionately (or not so affectionately) call the big mass of messed up joint that is now protruding from beneath my big toe. Yes, a bunion. At 34. Grr. This also means I had to give up heels, which was far more emotionally upsetting than it should have been.

Hope you find something comfy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Aerosoles makes some cute sandals.  I wore a pair through Spain with no pain to my feet at all.
  • Orthoheels are the bomb. Danskos are great, too. 
  • Orthoheels are the best I have ever tried. I have flat "Flintstone" feet and they put your foot in the correct positioning. Not only do I walk better and for longer, but my knees feel better too.
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I second Aerosoles!  I used to work there when I was a teenager.  Some of their styles are definitely old, but I've gotten some cute pairs!  They sew them inside out and put a rubber diamond patterned sole on each pair.  You can literally bend them in half! 
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker 168 invited image | 61 are coming image | 10 can't make it image | 97 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 9th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards