Snarky Brides
Options

I was weak

I went to walmart today for a gift card, cat litter, and toilet paper. I had to pass what used to be Halloween decorations, and now are replaced with 3 rows of Christmas items. So I ended up with all of the above plus a snowman stuffed animal, door banner, Christmas tree serving platter, and sparkly ornament. I couldn't help myself.

It's going to be a long 2 months. All this christmas talk today got me excited.

Re: I was weak

• Options
    I'm not ready for Christmas. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so excited to decorate and eat cookies, but I'm not quite ready to spend money and buy a whole lot of presents. 
  • Options
    I'm rearranging the furniture in the house tomorrow so that it's christmas tree and great big dinner table ready.

The garland and all the fun stuff starts going up next monday
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weak?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:97e29f15-696a-4f4a-a16e-8164cc99ca02Post:815bcb4c-5f0f-4643-8ace-2b601dac768f">Re: I was weak</a>:
    [QUOTE]YESSS!!!  ha ha.  I'm in my Christmas pjs so don't feel bad. lol
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

I'm cuddled up with my Christmas blanket. Then again, I do this every night. It's super comfy and is the perfect couch blanket.

ETA--Anna, we got new furniture this year that takes up our whole living room. The only place we can put the tree is the bedroom. I'm kind of sad, then again this means falling asleep to Christmas lights as a nightlight. And, extra decorations for the living room.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weak?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97e29f15-696a-4f4a-a16e-8164cc99ca02Post:a59f174c-d252-46a3-9a3c-356c3a5259b3">Re: I was weak</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so excited to decorate and eat cookies, but I'm not quite ready to spend money and buy a whole lot of presents. 
    Posted by saxy414[/QUOTE]

Me either, but luckily we worked out this year's gift exchange and I only need to buy gifts for 4 of my immediate family members!  yay for organized gift exchanges!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weak?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97e29f15-696a-4f4a-a16e-8164cc99ca02Post:57145ce1-2dfa-4a2a-9002-47622493813a">Re: I was weak</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I was weak : Me either, but luckily we worked out this year's gift exchange and I only need to buy gifts for 4 of my immediate family members!  yay for organized gift exchanges!
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome.  My family is itty bitty because I'm an only child (and so are both my parents), but FI's family is huge with a billion kids.  I love giving them presents, but I just need to give myself a little pep talk before we go shopping. :-)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weak?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:97e29f15-696a-4f4a-a16e-8164cc99ca02Post:87cd2cc8-bc9c-485a-b9ba-fe9f16190de9">Re: I was weak</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I was weak : That would be awesome.  My family is itty bitty because I'm an only child (and so are both my parents), but FI's family is huge with a billion kids.  I love giving them presents, but I just need to give myself a little pep talk before we go shopping. :-)
    Posted by saxy414[/QUOTE]

I only buy for immediate family, and family that I will be seeing on Christmas eve or day. Otherwise I'd go broke. I made an exception this year for my dad's girlfriend's kids because they are basically family.

Plus, the daughter asked if her gift could be a lunch date with me. I had a sappy "aww" moment when I found out. She's 12 and apparently looks up to me like I'm the greatest thing that ever walked the earth.
  • Options
    We went out last weekend and got 3 light up reindeer, 1 moving reindeer, a crap ton of lights, and don't forget the blow up penguin from a few weekends ago ;)

I'm definitely not ready to spend money on presents though. I have no clue what to get H's family as usual and hate having the "No we do not need to spend $300 on your neice" annual arguement.
  • Options
    Sesh, don't feel bad- that's pretty much something I would do as well.

I'm also not looking forward to spending all the money but I still can't wait for Christmas. I'm actually pretty excited to put up our sad little Charlie Brown style Christmas tree and decorate it.
  • Options
    Well, after I had a feel sorry weepy moment in Target, I came home with new flannel pants and a thermal PJ top. deep aqua/turquoise and a navy that's almost a purple, along with green (and the top is the deep aqua). And I'm going to bed early and probably won't do any more organizing tonight.

But nothing Christmas. I'm not sure we'll pull out the stuff this year. Maybe stockings, but that's it.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    That's our problem--he has 3 nephews, a sister, and a close cousin all under the age of 10.  And of course we'll see them all on Christmas day. :-)

That is adorable the daughter wants a lunch date, though. 
  • Options
    She's a good kid, very smart, but I've noticed lately that she seems very withdrawn, if not depressed. Honestly, I think it's because her mom can be downright mean to her and her brother, verbally. It's to the point now that I'm going to start calling her out, and my dad, on the way they talk to those kids. So I'll step up and be a big sister, a friend, and hopefully get her to smile for at least a lunch date.
  • Options
    That makes my heart happy (how corny can I be?) that she has someone like you in her life, then.  That will be an awesome Christmas present :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weak?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97e29f15-696a-4f4a-a16e-8164cc99ca02Post:8f9b90d9-78da-4be6-b241-eb95f348bedf">Re: I was weak</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, I DID find something I'm going back to get on Friday (payday). They have adult zipup footie pajamas at Target, and they have sock monkey feet. I.must.have.them.
    Posted by missy68[/QUOTE]

That is awesome.  FI bought me footie pajamas last fall, and I got him some for Christmas.  Bonus, his even have a butt flap!

Edit for grammar issues.
  • Options
    I love the feet on those Missy. I want a pair so I can torment H.
  • Options
    missy, why did you have a weepy moment in target? :( New PJs always make me feel better too.

Sesh, I have to fight the urge EVERY time I go to any store with Christmas stuff. Michael's has been tempting me hardcore lately- luckily I think I'm pretty much done buying wedding stuff from there. Next stop, Sam's. I saw a ton of fun stuff in there. Ack. :)
  • Options
    As soon as we picked a wedding date, I bought a Lenox bride and groom ornament with our date on it and that was about four months ago.  Crazy happens to all of us.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weak?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:97e29f15-696a-4f4a-a16e-8164cc99ca02Post:287ed0d5-0358-48e8-bb45-b928383e4db9">Re: I was weak</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not ready for Christmas. 
    Posted by RachNRich[/QUOTE]

Me neither. Mostly because we have no money.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards