Snarky Brides
Options

Great timing. Halp.

As it stands, I will be on my period for my wedding and honeymoon. Awesome. I have not started yet but will be within 2-3 days. My mom said to call the gyno because there is something you can take to prevent your cycle? Is this true? Or something to make it start right away?

I can see it now on the wedding night:
FI - "Take off your dress baby!"
Me: "Okay, you grab the towel!"

Seriously? Ew. No.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Great timing. Halp.

• Options
    anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited October 2010
    #1 - yes it's true but it might be too late. talk to your dr.

#2 - eww.  tmi
  • Options
    AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2010
    Are you on the pill? Because I've just skipped right ahead to the beginning of the next pack when I need to adjust it. While I haven't had any issues other than being heavier the next time I DO get it, I would ask before doing it just in case.

I haven't heard about anything else, but I'm sure your doctor would know.
  • Options
    Ugh. Misery. I realized I'd have my period on my honeymoon in time to change around my BC pills in time to rearrange my cycle. You need to call your doc. If you're on the pill, you can skip the sugar pills.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    Dude, I planned this out a year ago.  I don't know if there's anything you can do this close.
  • Options
    Oh and I'm not on the pill...

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_great-timing-halp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:989565af-ad9a-4672-b079-885215ead012Post:4212f77d-6606-43ad-a3ac-a2d1a4246a4f">Re: Great timing. Halp.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh and I'm not on the pill...
    Posted by ReneeJacob[/QUOTE]

<div>Then get on it tomorrow! Call a gyno!</div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Sadly, I don't think there's anything you can do about it if you're not on the pill. Doesn't hurt to ask, though.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_great-timing-halp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:989565af-ad9a-4672-b079-885215ead012Post:4212f77d-6606-43ad-a3ac-a2d1a4246a4f">Re: Great timing. Halp.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh and I'm not on the pill...
    Posted by ReneeJacob[/QUOTE]

<div>You might be SOL then.</div>
  • Options
    That sucks.

Call your Dr.  I dont know of any ways unless you are on the pill.

Or just start having lots of sex and try to get pregnant in the next week :P
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Renee, this is purely out of curiosity: how old are you?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Thanks for all the responses...the only reason why I didn't "plan" sooner is because I'm irregular. Bummer. Oh-well, worse things could happen I suppose

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_great-timing-halp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:989565af-ad9a-4672-b079-885215ead012Post:888ab421-1fbe-4059-92e4-59c2ffc889e6">Re: Great timing. Halp.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, not that I really want to know, but how long does your period usually last? Because if you are set to start in 2-3 days, won't you be mostly done by the wedding?
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]

Waaay too long. Like 9 days long. I have endometriosis and PCOS so they're extra long!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_great-timing-halp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:989565af-ad9a-4672-b079-885215ead012Post:d913f2ea-2a11-44e0-bb1d-0e30c1a8fe9d">Re: Great timing. Halp.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Renee, this is purely out of curiosity: how old are you?
    Posted by reddy123[/QUOTE]

28...lol...umm, do I seem immature or something? There are specific reasons why I dont take the pill if thats why you're wondering my age...

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_great-timing-halp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:989565af-ad9a-4672-b079-885215ead012Post:9bfb2aa0-44e0-481b-b49e-945e1f2ada32">Re: Great timing. Halp.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nah sorry Renee, I think you are SOL. I was suppose to have mine the day of also, but I got lucky and started the day after. So just get really stressed! And believe me if you poll most the marrieds they were too tired to do anything on their wedding nights.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

*Raises hand*

We had sex, but it was definitely half asleep and not really into it sex.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_great-timing-halp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:989565af-ad9a-4672-b079-885215ead012Post:9bfb2aa0-44e0-481b-b49e-945e1f2ada32">Re: Great timing. Halp.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nah sorry Renee, I think you are SOL. I was suppose to have mine the day of also, but I got lucky and started the day after. So just get really stressed! <strong>And believe me if you poll most the marrieds they were too tired to do anything on their wedding nights.
    </strong>Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Speak for yourself! ;)
  • Options
    Oh and Renee, I'm pretty sure there's not much you can do. You might as well give your doc a call though, can't hurt.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_great-timing-halp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:989565af-ad9a-4672-b079-885215ead012Post:4c3efa93-b791-433c-989b-4263b0dc329a">Re: Great timing. Halp.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great timing. Halp. : Speak for yourself! ;)
    Posted by JennaV26[/QUOTE]

I dont have to, I'm on KW's train. We did but we were exhausted.

I'm trying to make her feel better ladies!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_great-timing-halp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:989565af-ad9a-4672-b079-885215ead012Post:39fb97bc-b1b2-41d7-baa2-f818a6f1e5ca">Re: Great timing. Halp.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great timing. Halp. : hahaha gotcha. Then I won't mention anything about our wedding night, it will only rub it in!
    Posted by JennaV26[/QUOTE]

BTW-Check out the AW cute thread
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yeah.... This may be TMI, but we were so exhausted from jet lag, having moved across the country two weeks before, and our b-parties and morning after brunch, we didn't actually do anything until two days after the wedding... on a turnoff of the road, in the car on the way to the honeymoon ;)

Ok, you really didn't want to know that, but I've never told anyone and felt like it. Blame it on my lack of sleep!

So, there probably isn't anything you can do, but don't worry about it. Unless you guys have been waiting for marriage, it's not going to be any less special a few days later.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    If you want to start your period earlier, you could try taking a ton of vitamin C. It supposedly causes the uterus to contract and may cause you to start your period earlier. It's happened to me on accident, and then once halfway intentionally, to speed up the process, kind of like you're wanting to do. Take like 5000 mg (it's water soluble so you can't really take too much) a day for the next few days and see if that helps. Other than that, I agree with PP that you may be SOL. GL!

ETA: Just read an article and a few said spread out the doses and do like 1500 mg a few times a day and that could help bring on your period within a day or two.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    The only thing I can think of is to get your doctor to give you Prometrium. It will induce your period, but could take ten days to work. I think you might be SOL.

I got my period a week early the day before our wedding. Boo.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards