Snarky Brides
Options

MN Posters

I see a whole lot (relatively, anyway) of MSP locations here!  Are y'all actually in the MSP area? 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.

Re: MN Posters

• Options
    Lloyd the Llama is a good name.  I want another pet so I can name him/her Biscuit. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_mn-posters?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:997b30d0-6b8d-4048-be76-d461d828bacaPost:60149ee4-2f7b-4be5-871b-7df1e1301139">Re: MN Posters</a>:
    [QUOTE]I totes will! Do you know anyone with the last name Severson?
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]

Who, me?  I do.

taertman, I had the Canadian guy.  I can't remember his name.  On the first day of class, two people dropped in the middle of class and walked out.  He was scary at first, but he ended up being kick ass.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_mn-posters?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:997b30d0-6b8d-4048-be76-d461d828bacaPost:ff59caea-baef-4496-903b-0eddbaca8bbe">Re: MN Posters</a>:
    [QUOTE] taertman, I had the Canadian guy.  I can't remember his name.  On the first day of class, two people dropped in the middle of class and walked out.  He was scary at first, but he ended up being kick ass.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Doug Hayes!  He's super smart. 

So, who are your vendors for cake, flowers, and DJ?
  • Options
    Yes you. I think everyone living in MN knows a Severson or two.
  • Options
    YES!  That's him.  He was really smart.  And if you work hard and aren't a tool, he's actually super nice once you get to know him a little, even if he was terrifying on the first day. 

We have no vendors yet.  We were getting married 10/9/10 (duhhh) but we procrastinated and then I started working 60+ hours a week and I couldn't deal with finding vendors so we're postponing til spring now.  Kind of sad...we've been engaged for a year and a half.  Oops.

Your wedding is coming up really soon!  You should let us know how your cake, flowers, and DJ work out ;)  Who are you using?

• Options

Well, you still definitely have time, but totally book your vendors soon because they do book fast.  But, I was engaged for a year until I did most of my planning, so I don't blame you for waiting.

And yes, I am somewhat FREAKING about my wedding because it is so soon.  I have to do table seating arrangements, place cards, and ceremony programs this weekend.  I MUST get this done this weekend, since we have a wedding next weekend.  (That's my pep talk to myself)

Okay, here's my breakdown.

DJ: Music Mix.  They were recommended to me by others, but I'm a little wary right now, especially because they don't meet with you face-to-face before the wedding.  I like to ask lots of questions, and I have a feeling they are irritated with me at this point.

Cake: Margaret Ann in Sparta.  She was a cake vendor at a wedding show.  It's a bit of a trek to meet with her, but she's accommodating and inexpensive.  Plus, we are doing cakes on the tables, and I can pick as many different designs and types  of cake as I like :)  She's fine with it. 

Flowers: Cottage Garden.  They don't have very flexible hours to meet with people, but they are nice and the owner's son got married at Pettibone.  And they are reasonably priced, compared to others like Monet.  But I'm not picky about my flowers, so I'm just doing roses/hydrangeas bouquets which were less money than others might have been. 

• Options
    Nice, thanks!  I'll ahve to save this post so when we start actually planning crap I'll have some recs.  Well I'm out for the night, but it was nice chatting with you.  Good luck getting all your stuff done :) 

• Options
    Have a good night!  And I'm not sure how soon after my wedding I get kicked off the knot (I have heard rumors that people get transferred to the nest?) but look me up if you have questions about any of them.  I tried to do research and stuff, so I know a little bitty bit about other places, too.  But of course, that's not the same as using those vendors myself.  Take care! 
  • Options
    Hey, I'm in MN and went to WSU!  I went 2001-2002, just freshman year.

And that's all I've got, as it took me 5 minutes to post this sans errors.  Damn capt.
  • Options
    I'm very late, but I live in NE Minneapolis right now, am originally from St. Cloud, and went to St. Mary's in Winona for two years. SIL went there with me, and then transferred to WSU when I went back to St. Cloud.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am late, too but I was born in Robbinsdale, MN and have lived in Minneapolis nearly all my life. 

We have three cats (Siamese). My mom two cats I found for her, one from a no kill shelter and one from the Golden Valley Humane Society.  
  • Options
    Also late to the thread. I live in St. Paul now, but I grew up a few hours north of the cities. I lived in WI once upon a time, though, until I was seven. :)
  • Options
    I am living in the cities in Prospect Park right now and lived in Rochester before that.  I am from Milwaukee originally though (and will always be a Sconie at heart).

• Options
    I grew up in Spicer, just south of St. Cloud and now I'm in Fargo, but we make it to the cities pretty regularly...
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards