Snarky Brides

Good morning

2»

Re: Good morning

• Baby-talk like that would drive me insane, Nebb.  walkiepoo??  WTF?

jcb - YGPM back!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Kate.

Seriously. How could you not love those arms.

I had something else to say, but I forgot it when browsing for Thor pictures.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a9856e8-06f2-4d78-8a4b-f085d7faf2a9Post:dc8b98af-5101-4bc3-9bd7-42732716ae20">Re: Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning all.  It's gorgeous here today after the crazy t-storms yesterday, which took out our deck furniture.  Luckily nothing was destroyed, just blown around.  Still no A/C.  I have a sneaking suspicion it needs to be completely replaced and <strong>our cheap-ass landlord is going to cry poverty.
    </strong>Posted by jcg98[/QUOTE]

is that even legal?
    And are you somewhere that it's getting super hot lately?  Depending on your state, there might even be a law that if he can't fix it, he needs to provide you with somewhere to stay that doesn't let the house temp get over a certain degree range.
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a9856e8-06f2-4d78-8a4b-f085d7faf2a9Post:a2863155-ee92-4af5-8abb-d3c0ca937dd6">Re: Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning : is that even legal? And are you somewhere that it's getting super hot lately?  Depending on your state, there might even be a law that if he can't fix it, he needs to provide you with somewhere to stay that doesn't let the house temp get over a certain degree range.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

Chels - NJ summers routinely get hot and humid, well into the 90s for extended periods.  The law mandates that landlords provide heat, but I don't believe it mandates A/C.  I've lived in apartments here without A/C.  If it's not provided/included, and we know that in advance, we can be prepared with window units and fans.  However we feel that we are paying for A/C here because it was advertised when we rented the place.  We already withheld rent once so he would fix it, and he did, but it only lasted a week.  If it's not going to be permanently fixed we need to be prepared to renegotiate the rent, or move.  Neither option is appealing.

Edited for clarity.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a9856e8-06f2-4d78-8a4b-f085d7faf2a9Post:9d37ba77-7923-4620-8a08-62a9fa037de2">Re: Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning : Chels - NJ summers routinely get hot and humid, well into the 90s for extended periods.  The law mandates that landlords provide heat, but I don't believe it mandates A/C.  I've lived in apartments here without A/C.  If it's provided, and we know that in advance, we can be prepared with window units and fans.  However we feel that we are paying for A/C here because it was advertised when we rented the place.  We already withheld rent once so he would fix it, and he did, but it only lasted a week.  If it's not going to be permanently fixed we need to be prepared to renegotiate the rent, or move.  Neither option is appealing.
    Posted by jcg98[/QUOTE]

Yeah those both sound crappy.  I agree, I wouldn't pay rent until he fixes it again. I'm sorry :(
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a9856e8-06f2-4d78-8a4b-f085d7faf2a9Post:f6bd956a-f770-400b-90b7-9a434a373655">Re: Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning : Yeah those both sound crappy.  I agree, I wouldn't pay rent until he fixes it again. I'm sorry :(
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  We're just tired of schitty landlords.  The last one rented us a beautiful big condo with a toxic basement full of mold.  We didn't know it at the time because it was winter and she had put a fresh coat of paint over the mold. 

We really want to buy.  But it's not in the cards right now, not until H gets a university job somewhere and we know we will settle for a while.

• celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a9856e8-06f2-4d78-8a4b-f085d7faf2a9Post:2eb77c2f-a99b-4ca0-883b-99e02a7ec1e1">Re:Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Good morning :  ! Counting down the days, H gets back on Friday afternoon. I love that he called me on the way to work to wish me a happy birthday, my bday isnt till Thursday. And he sent me flowers. He said he's being proactive, ha! Goofy man.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

<div>That's a great day to have a birthday! Your H is doing a lot better than FH. I said something to him recently about how it sucks that he will be working Thursday night and he asked why. It only took a few seconds of me giving him the raised eyebrow of doom for him to realize his mistake. I guess we'll go out and celebrate Friday but I'm just not feeling the birthday thing this year. </div>
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Kd don't be silly, my coirker doesn't poop. She makes such a big fuss when someone has in the bathroom and it smells, she will start coughing uncontrollably and refuse to be able to use the bathroom because of how bad it smells.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a9856e8-06f2-4d78-8a4b-f085d7faf2a9Post:a7317073-4f2c-495d-b75f-cf743705b59f">Re:Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kd don't be silly, my coirker doesn't poop. She makes such a big fuss when someone has in the bathroom and it smells, she will start coughing uncontrollably and refuse to be able to use the bathroom because of how bad it smells.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Thats when you walk up to her and say, Aw, someone made a stinkypoo!
  • I wish I could send you some of our water, Les.  :(

Today is annoying.  It's looking like I have a 5pm assignment, which is fucking stupid because then it cuts into my evening stuff.  I feel like I'm always so damn busy - cook dinner, eat dinner, clean up after dinner, walk Lucy or take her to the park, work out, watch my soap, and then it's like 1am.  Wtf?  We have leftovers for tonight so maybe I can still get all my stuff in.  I hope I can get a workout in.  I ordered two swimsuits online yesterday and I had a pretty over-indulgent weekend.  Boo.
    panther
  • Your H is a sweetie, kd.  And your new sig is gorgeous, Chels!
  • Nebby-poo
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a9856e8-06f2-4d78-8a4b-f085d7faf2a9Post:1c983245-ba9d-4986-bef5-cc93696118d4">Re:Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Good morning : That's a great day to have a birthday! Your H is doing a lot better than FH. I said something to him recently about how it sucks that he will be working Thursday night and he asked why. It only took a few seconds of me giving him the raised eyebrow of doom for him to realize his mistake. I guess we'll go out and celebrate Friday but I'm just not feeling the birthday thing this year. 
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

Aw, Celt, we're birthday twins? I have one here at work as well, we say we're twins just born 20 years apart (she's older than I). Yeah, I'll be 46 in a few days not feeling it.

H has always mixed up my Bday, I'm used to it. And of course he loves to make me older, like him. But, yeah I'm on my own as well.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to Re:Good morning:[QUOTE]God, Nebb, that would annoy the everlovingfuck out of me. nbsp;Babytalk is even annoying when talking to a baby but in adult conversation? nbsp;Fuckinghell no. Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]
    And that's why she's my coirker. She annoys the piss outta me. She freakedthefuckout yesterday cause I got my hair cut. I've gotten the same haircut for the 2 years she has known me, but this time she starts shrieking about wanting to see it. So weird.
  • 46 is the new 26, kd :)
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a9856e8-06f2-4d78-8a4b-f085d7faf2a9Post:6ab7c468-c171-4415-82e5-2ebac3a07d84">Re: Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]46 is the new 26, kd :)
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Absolutely true, especially for someone as hot as kd     8-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a9856e8-06f2-4d78-8a4b-f085d7faf2a9Post:1ff87ccb-6628-4ef4-b3fb-c518b64a17eb">Re:Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Good morning : Aw, Celt, we're birthday twins? I have one here at work as well, we say we're twins just born 20 years apart (she's older than I). <strong>Yeah, I'll be 46 in a few days not feeling it</strong>. H has always mixed up my Bday, I'm used to it. And of course he loves to make me older, like him. But, yeah I'm on my own as well.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

You don't look even remotely close to being 45/46.
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a9856e8-06f2-4d78-8a4b-f085d7faf2a9Post:6ab7c468-c171-4415-82e5-2ebac3a07d84">Re: Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]46 is the new 26, kd :)
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

If only this were true AATB.I wish I had my 26 year old body, oh to be a size 2 again!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a9856e8-06f2-4d78-8a4b-f085d7faf2a9Post:6b29a41e-1a7b-472f-9d22-0188938530c9">Re:Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Good morning : You don't look even remotely close to being 45/46.
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

<div>Truth.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'll be 33 and since 3 is my lucky number I have high hopes for this year. I just have too much going on to even really remember that my birthday is coming up. Last year we went to an amusement park which really made the day exciting. I'd love to take the day off but I have a meeting and a ton of stuff to do. </div>
  • Les, sending lots of thoughts up to the FF's and evacuees up there.  Fire season isn't looking good for here either. 

Nebb, whatthefuckypoo?  Your coirker is crazy. 

Not much going on here.  Hoping our network isn't still having issues (it took me 14 minutes to open an Excel file yesterday) because I have some reports to get out. 
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a9856e8-06f2-4d78-8a4b-f085d7faf2a9Post:9d50420b-2c1a-4fef-bd9a-7fa4c85e79a5">Re: Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Les, sending lots of thoughts up to the FF's and evacuees up there.  Fire season isn't looking good for here either.  Nebb, whatthefuckypoo?  Your coirker is crazy.  Not much going on here.  Hoping our network isn't still having issues (<strong>it took me 14 minutes to open an Excel file yesterday</strong>) because I have some reports to get out. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

Cripes, that is crazy!  you are very patient.  I would have been force closing it after 5 minutes.  Although that wouldn't solve the problem of getting the file open.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards