Snarky Brides

Intro Post

I was mostly a lurker on my previous account, which I lost track of, and had to start a new one, so I never really did an intro, and I know you're supposed to do one. 

So:

Hi. I'm Penguin. I'm 24, H is 31, we just got married on September 15th. It was a DIY beach wedding, with a horribly flubbed ceremony, but awesome reception. Aside from stressing myself out trying to do everything myself, I got a lot of compliments for being a laid-back bride. My dress was a red Bill Levkoff bridesmaid dress. We took a cruise to Mexico for our honeymoon. He'd never been on a cruise, and wanted a relaxing vacation. 

We have 6 furbabies, 4 dogs and 2 cats, and a snake, so I guess that makes 7, but I only tolerate the snake. One of my puppies lives with my parents still, because he's a Houdini and our neighborhood is not safe for loose dogs. All of our pets are rescues, and not spoiled at all.... 

No children yet, we're waiting until we're on more solid financial footing and his credit repair is sorted out (long story there). But I have PCOS, so we're not waiting too much longer, since we don't know how long it'll take. Ideally we want 1 of each, and we're open to adoption. He really, really wants a daughter. 

I love penguins (duh), love to read, I make up silly dances when people are sad, my favorite TV shows are NCIS, old Law and Order SVU, House,  we turned our spare room into a library. I have a degree in Criminal Justice, and I'm about to go into the Navy, he's a software programmer. We go to Renaissance festivals, I work with the jousters taking care of their horses. 

Any questions? I know I'm already married, but I never really liked the Nest very much, and I'd like to stay and play.

Re: Intro Post

• Hey Warped, welcome, do you have pictures of your furbabies?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Welcome :)

I'm married as well (since December 6th, 2011) and 24 years young. I'm also a fan of Law and Order SVU (Nick Amaro is a fox). I have two diplomas; one in Communications and one in Desktop Publishing and Design. I currently work for a private vocational school and I have an interview tonight for a second job doing Marketing and PR for a restaurant my husband works at.  H and I are travel bugs and we're both freelance writers. 

How did you get into working with jousters, taking care of horses?
    What was your favourite part of your wedding planning experience?
    What are a couple things on your bucket list?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Halloooo Warped! One of my furbabies lives with my ds and ex husband because we don't have space here for him. I miss Henry-the-wonder-dog almost as much as I miss ds!!! In a perfect world I'd have them both here - maybe someday.

We still have two dogs here, so I get lots of chances to sweep up fur even without Henry!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sure do! 

Dickens, our kitten that showed up on our porch one day. He thinks he's a dog.

Captain- He's 14. H's neighbors moved out and left him chained in the yard without food or water. He's a derp. 

Morgan. She was attacked by a stray Pitbull.

Rocky. He's my baby. 

Bear. He was my Grandpa's, I inherited him when he died. He's a mess. 

Jabba the Cat, AKA Fizgig. Seriously, he weighs over 20 pounds. 

• Yay furbabies!

Welcome =)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Hi!
    lol @ Jabba the cat.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • edited October 2012
    I got into working with jousters by simply asking the guy who owned the company if he needed help. My friend and I were at the faire, saw the show, realized he had one squire, we volunteered, the next year I worked for a different company doing the same thing. Been working with them whenever they're in Texas, Oklahoma, or Louisiana ever since. Even spent a summer with them in New York. Here's a picture of one of my "ponies". He's not mine, but I like to pretend he is. His name is Indigo, aka Horsezilla. He's the biggest horse I've ever seen, and all of their horses are big. Clydesdales, Perchs, Belgians, etc. He's also a derp. 

My favorite part of the wedding planning was finding ways to make it "us". Like not having white, having our ceremony intro be the wedding ceremony from Princess Bride, he gave me a frying pan with a holster for a wedding present so I can always be able to whack him, I gave him a ball and chain, our reception music was mostly Star Wars, etc.

Some things on my bucket list are visiting India, going to Peru to see the Incan ruins, going back to Fiji, learning to speak at least 4 languages, and someday running a horse and large dog rescue ranch. Oh, and finding what I'm good at. I'm not good at anything. I'm just capable at a lot of things.  
  • awwww your pets are too cute, I have 3 dogs and 3 cats. I really love animals too
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_intro-post-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9d121e94-268e-4ac9-ab5e-d7638e08d9a8Post:4069e344-1cc9-45e0-ba00-0a677dbf36d3">Re: Intro Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got into working with jousters by simply asking the guy who owned the company if he needed help. My friend and I were at the faire, saw the show, realized he had one squire, we volunteered, the next year I worked for a different company doing the same thing. Been working with them whenever they're in Texas, Oklahoma, or Louisiana ever since. Even spent a summer with them in New York. Here's a picture of one of my "ponies". He's not mine, but I like to pretend he is. His name is Indigo, aka Horsezilla. He's the biggest horse I've ever seen, and all of their horses are big. Clydesdales, Perchs, Belgians, etc. He's also a derp.  My favorite part of the wedding planning was finding ways to make it "us". Like not having white, having our ceremony intro be the wedding ceremony from Princess Bride, he gave me a frying pan with a holster for a wedding present so I can always be able to whack him, I gave him a ball and chain, our reception music was mostly Star Wars, etc. Some things on my bucket list are visiting India, going to Peru to see the Incan ruins, going back to Fiji, learning to speak at least 4 languages, and someday running a horse and large dog rescue ranch. <strong>Oh, and finding what I'm good at. I'm not good at anything.</strong> I'm just capable at a lot of things.  
    Posted by warpedredpenguin[/QUOTE]

I'm betting that you're good at lots of things. Discovery is part of the fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards