Snarky Brides
Options

Wine Recommendation?

I'm planning on making roasted lamb for dinner one night next week and need a white wine recommendation.  Any suggestions?
I french with my man
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Wine Recommendation?

• Options
    Like... kinds or brands?

Maybe a dryer white wine like chardonnay might go well?  I'm not sure, I guess.  I hate chardonnay, lol.  But I love most other white wines - pinot grigio, moscato, etc.  Moscato is very sweet though, as is reisling and gewurtzemeiner (sp?).
    panther
  • Options
    Definitely kind.  As far as brands go...I usually spring for the cheap one at Total Wine.

Although if chardonnay is our best bet, I'll probably need a brand recommendation.  I haven't really found one I like yet.
    I french with my man
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Oh fume blanc is a good choice or savignon blanc.

Cupcake is a great brand!  I like their "red velvet," which is a blend of reds.  Reds are my fave.  I'd drink any red with pork, but then again, I drink red with anything :)

eta - wtf, you clearly said lamb.  Why am I thinking pork.
    panther
  • Options

Oooh, the fume blanc sounds really good.

cfas - BF hates red.  He will not drink it.  So, while I would normally have a pinot noir with the lamb, I'd have to buy him his own bottle of white, and I didn't want to be significantly more drunk than him after dinner.

I french with my man
  • Options
    Pinot noir is my favorite.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wine-recommendation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9d7b60c8-6fee-4897-a9db-68fb5fcaf85fPost:f01d36fa-2a09-452f-8eb7-3e84ddd75e07">Re: Wine Recommendation?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oooh, also, Cupcake makes a pretty decent Chardonnay and around here they are $7/bottle. It's a little bit sweeter than most Chardonnays, IMO.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

Ditto on the cupcake.  I think they had a red too that is around the same price.

Not sure if you can get it out there but Fall Creek has a Fume Blanc that is really good and it's also $7. 

Menage Trois also has some good wines at a resonable price.  Their red is around $10 I think and they have a chardonnay but I can't remember how much it is.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The Yellowtail Sauvignon Blanc is pretty decent for a cheap wine.  Otherwise I'm with Skidmark on La Creme or Clos du Bois chardonnay. 
  • Options
    i could destroy a bottle of vino right now. I have never heard of Fume Blanc, either. Now I'm curious and am feeling the urge to hit the liquor store after work. Similar to sauv blanc?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    AATB: I love the Little Penguin pinot noir.  It's amazing.

Cfas - I am in Nova, so I would love some brand recommendations.  :)
    I french with my man
  • Options
    Awesome!  Thanks - I'll see what I can get.  There's a Total Wine on my way home from BF's, so I'll probably swing over there on my way home one night this week.

You guys rock.
    I french with my man
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards