Snarky Brides
Options

Share your weekend

Any exciting weekend plans?

I don't think we have anything exciting but I kinda wish we did.  It'd be nice to get out of the house. Maybe we can squeeze in a round of golf.  Also, with all the pumpkin talk lately I might pick up a few but I think it's still too early to carve them.  With my luck we'll get a 80F day and then they'll get all gross.

Re: Share your weekend

• Options
    We are supposed to go to a party tomorrow night, but we both ended up with colds.  Since there will be pregnant people and month old babies there, I have feeling will end up not going; which is a bummer.

Other than it's just going to be getting my house back in order after the wedding this past weekend.

Oh and Anna - I posted in your other thread about casseroles, if you didn't see, that recipe I gave you freezes very well.

• Options
    I did not see that.  Really good to know.  I love make ahead food.

Feel better with the colds!  I've been able to avoid catching one as of yet but I always get a good one around this time of year.
  • Options
    Saturday and Sunday are supposed to shoot up to the 66F range with a tiny chance of rain as of yet.  So it's a big old maybe.  Who knows what the wind situation will be.

The chef sounds awesome!  You'll have to tell me about it so I can live vicariously through you  ;)
  • Options
    Ooh, so a weekend of baby squeezing!  I like!
  • Options
    H and I are going to his hometown this weekend. So, visiting his family, meeting up with some college friends, and *insert nerd drumroll here* going to see Breakfast at Tiffany's at the movies.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I love Breakfast at Tiffany's!
  • Options
    I've read the book, but it'll be my first time seeing it. I'm so happy it'll be in the theater :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_share-your-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9f9d7e58-cfc8-4c41-9cd3-9ee8f56fc2b1Post:2d6ddca4-6f97-4d1c-8add-d6246a429de2">Re: Share your weekend</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've read the book, but it'll be my first time seeing it. I'm so happy it'll be in the theater :)
    Posted by bunni727[/QUOTE]

<div>You'll love it!  Guaranteed if you liked the book.</div>
  • Options
    Evening all! I had to seriously sit here and ponder what my weekend plans are... And we don't have any! The only things on the agenda are dropping H's car off at the dealer for service and watching football. Thank goodness for a lazy weekend!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Indeed they are, jcb. Indeed they are!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Hello, just got home, did the dishes, finished some laundry and I'm now doing nothing.

As I said in the morning thread, we are supposed to go with a group on a covered bridge run on our "motorcycles" ( thats for JCB) ;) But, its supposed to only get to 68 degrees and I havent been feeling well, so I'm not real sure we are going. I have to work a stupid event by myself on Sunday, so I'm off on Monday.
  • Options
    I took this weekend off work, yay!  It's my turn being designated driver for my best friend tomorrow night. We're going to meet up with a couple of our friends for a night of tapas and girl talk. Saturday is a big bridal expo in downtown Tampa. My FI and mom will be attending with me. My best friend and her mom will be there too, as my bestie is also engaged  :) Then for making my FI suffer through the bridal show, I promised him I would take him to a local Oktoberfest that night. ( I don't drink beer) It's all about compromise lol. Sunday we will probably carve our pumpkins because I am impatient and then I have dinner for my sister's birthday. Should be fun.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_share-your-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9f9d7e58-cfc8-4c41-9cd3-9ee8f56fc2b1Post:0da31a35-c79d-4bf0-8567-7323aed55540">Re: Share your weekend</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks kd. Heh. Is it an all day thing on Sunday?
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

From 12-5, I have to be there a little early, but I'm basically sitting at a table for 5 hours, ugh. This is a corporate run program, that has been a dud at our mall. And we just want it over.

Then on the 28th, I have to run the Fall Festival, my marketing exec has been diagnosed with thyroid cancer and she starts her radiation treatments in another week, so I've taken over a few of the programs.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_share-your-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9f9d7e58-cfc8-4c41-9cd3-9ee8f56fc2b1Post:16114054-a00f-4a7f-af90-68a81dd4adfc">Re: Share your weekend</a>:
    [QUOTE]I took this weekend off work, yay!  It's my turn being designated driver for my best friend tomorrow night. We're going to meet up with a couple of our friends for a night of tapas and girl talk. Saturday is a big bridal expo in downtown Tampa. My FI and mom will be attending with me. My best friend and her mom will be there too, as my bestie is also engaged  :) Then for making my FI suffer through the bridal show, I promised him I would take him to a local Oktoberfest that night. ( I don't drink beer) It's all about compromise lol. Sunday we will probably carve our pumpkins because I am impatient and then I have dinner for my sister's birthday. Should be fun.
    Posted by Setti89[/QUOTE]<div>
    <div>Do yourself a favor.  Get a wedding exclusive email address to use when signing up for drawings at the bridal expo.  Best tip I ever got.  That and printing out address labels with all your info so you don't have to fill out each entry form by hand.</div></div>
  • Options
    I do have an alternate email but I didn't even think to make address labels. Thanks for the great idea. I think I have some at home that the Humane Society sent me. @Edie fried chicken & waffles. Delicious
  • Options
    The labels were awesome.  A major time saver since I could just pop into a booth, stick the label on the card and move on.  I actually won big at one expo.  A GC to a jewelry store
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_share-your-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9f9d7e58-cfc8-4c41-9cd3-9ee8f56fc2b1Post:af7f55b6-cdc4-4653-af9a-baf2fc0c8faa">Re: Share your weekend</a>:
    [QUOTE]The labels were awesome.  A major time saver since I could just pop into a booth, stick the label on the card and move on.  I actually won big at one expo.  A GC to a jewelry store
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

<font color="#800000">Nice! I never win anything. What'd you buy with your gift card?</font>
  • Options
    I actually have weekend plans for once, go figure. ;)

Tomorrow I work until about 3, then I'm going to bake cupcakes for the baby shower I'm hosting on Sat.

Saturday is the baby shower, then possibly going to help clean up the building site so H and his dad can keep working instead of having to stop to clean.

Sunday is the usual church and relaxation.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_share-your-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9f9d7e58-cfc8-4c41-9cd3-9ee8f56fc2b1Post:72254b11-3f2a-40ef-bd53-646fb2b2d5b6">Re: Share your weekend</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Share your weekend : Nice! I never win anything. What'd you buy with your gift card?
    Posted by Setti89[/QUOTE]

<div>I ended up with multi gemstone, rainbow, dangly earrings and a matching necklace.</div><div>
    </div><div>kinda like this: <a href="http://ak.buy.com/PI/0/500/225746178.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://ak.buy.com/PI/0/500/225746178.jpg</a></div>
  • Options
    They're my favorite.  The only spendy jewelry I've ever bought for myself.  i tend towards novelty pieces usually.
  • Options
    32 posts (before this one) supposedly but I'm only seeing 31.  Is someone banned?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
  • Options
    JjCB- your weekend sounds awesome! Especially the chef part. Someone pointed out to me that this is my last weekend as a single person. That kinda freaked me out. I expect to spend most of the weekend cleaning, packing and running errands for Vegas. Next weekend, I expect, will be much more exciting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds like everyone has nice weekends planned.  

I have a completely free weekend! Just finished one rotation today, start the next one on Monday, so nothing to do for school!

Tomorrow we're going to Busch Gardens for Howl-o-Scream.  Sunday we might got to an apple orchard that my FMIL's godmother owns.  Should be a fun one!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards