Snarky Brides
Options

It's almost friday!

H is home sick, I'm praying I don't get it!

How is everyone?

Re: It's almost friday!

• Options
    OH! and my fathers latest dumbness.- he's planning on taking my 15 year old sister to michigan, and he doesn't have custody, and hasn't gotten permission from her mother, which means it's kidnapping ACROSS STATE LINES, I feel like I HAVE to tell her mother, thoughts?
  • Options
    Yeaaaahhhh Britt without knowing anything else, that sounds super illegal.

I'm breaking down and buying a Vera Bradley travel cosmetic bag. I'm traditionally against all things Vera Bradley, but all the reviews I've read say that it's the best hanging bag. At least I found a discontinued pattern on sale.
  • Options
    I like them, they hold up really well.

It is illegal, he doesn't have custody, I think it's called custodial interference, he got into trouble with me when I was younger. He's an iddiot. It's like REALLY? Do you want to go to prision?
  • Options
    Swag- I've had one for years someone got me and it's really stood up through a ton of being thrown in a suitcase and tossed around. I feel like Vera Bradley was such a short lived fad here. Do people still carry the bags in your area?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-almost-friday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a15dbbf7-2792-45c1-ad40-3ed9ebd424f7Post:3ab3a6ec-14a3-4c33-9d87-63956061cc3a">Re: It's almost friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeaaaahhhh Britt without knowing anything else, that sounds super illegal. I'm breaking down and buying a Vera Bradley travel cosmetic bag. I'm traditionally against all things Vera Bradley, but all the reviews I've read say that it's the best hanging bag. At least I found a discontinued pattern on sale.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

<div>I am SO anti Vera Bradley, but I do have to say that I love my VB cosmetic bag.  </div>
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-almost-friday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a15dbbf7-2792-45c1-ad40-3ed9ebd424f7Post:b69c86dd-8380-45f4-b638-82638ffd8f88">Re: It's almost friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's almost friday! : I am SO anti Vera Bradley, but I do have to say that I love my VB cosmetic bag.  
    Posted by lls31[/QUOTE]

Thanks for being on my side. Yeah, VB is HUGE here, but I can't help but feeling they all look like diaper bags. One time I saw a lady carrying a diaper bag and a VB purse and I have no idea how she didn't get them mixed up constantly. I feel like if I'm just throwing it in a suitcase I won't be as turned off by the whole thing.
    And I'm buying a discontinued pattern (who cares?) so it's actually cheaper than a lot of other ones I found.
  • Options
    Morning ladies! 

I hope everyone had a great holiday last week and a wonderful New Years Eve! H and I went to a local brewery with friends and had a fun time drinking great beer. I had last week off so I'm now back to the grind again and finally have a few free minutes to catch up here.

Swag, I have a VB duffle bag size suitcase. I got it as a gift last year for Christmas and I must have been out of the loop because I didn't know who VB was before that. I like the fun patterns, but I feel like i'm too cheap to buy for myself, so I'm happy I got one as a gift. If you can find one for a great price, then go for it!

My fingers are crossed that I might possibly have some good news coming on the horizon. I'm not divulging anything yet, but if you could send positive vibes my way that'd be awesome. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Best wishes Buzz!

I received a hanging cosmetic bag from my mum for Christmas.  Don't know if it's VB; it's still in the box.  Not sure what to do with it.  I don't travel very much, so do I just hang it from a hook or towel rack in my bathroom?

Derm appointment soonish this morning.  Hoping that she'll be happy with the progress of the new med and decide not to put me on biologics.
  • Options
    Marrin, I received a hanging cosmetic/jewelry bad for Christmas this year too from my MIL. I'm also not positive what I'm going to do with it. I guess I'll just save it for my next trip and figure it out at that point. I don't think I'd use it all that much at home. 

Good luck at the dermatologist! 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    GL Buzz! 
    Britt - That sucks
    Edie I hate getting stuck in traffic.

I agree that I am totally against buying things (especially bags) for the brand but if you are buying it for the durability that is completely different.  Plus on sale is always better.
    I am finally rejoining the land of the living after camping on the couch for 5 days being sick.  I am currently at starbucks so I can actually see everyone's siggy. (Yay)  FI is out of town and it was weird to me last night even though I lived by myself for like 10 years.
  • Options
    There are a lot of compartments to it, so maybe as a catch-all for other things as well as the makeup.

Thanks Buzz.  The new med that I'm on has some serious side effects (or could I should say), but going on a biologic really concerns me.

How often do you have to recharge your smart phones?  I have a My Touch from T-Mobile and it seems like its battery drains really fast.  I don't do a lot of internet stuff or use apps very often.  My H runs his business off of his so his is on the charger every night and I understand, but I don't use mine much at all and it's still being charged every day.
  • Options
    I'm starving.

i just ate some delicious PB toast and want more but need to hold off until I workout otherwise I get a gut ache.  

Morning!

It's snowing here.
  • Options
    I wish it would snow here :(
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-almost-friday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a15dbbf7-2792-45c1-ad40-3ed9ebd424f7Post:3379b148-5578-4bc2-bd73-b5bc921c8ebf">Re: It's almost friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]There are a lot of compartments to it, so maybe as a catch-all for other things as well as the makeup. Thanks Buzz.  The new med that I'm on has some serious side effects (or could I should say), but going on a biologic really concerns me. How often do you have to recharge your smart phones?  I have a My Touch from T-Mobile and it seems like its battery drains really fast.  I don't do a lot of internet stuff or use apps very often.  My H runs his business off of his so his is on the charger every night and I understand, but I don't use mine much at all and it's still being charged every day.
    Posted by Marrin713[/QUOTE]

I have the iphone 4s, ever since I did the I0s6 update my battery dies at like noon, with me barely using it, it sucks! :(
  • Options
    tlc35tlc35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Marrin - I used to recharge my phone every night but now that I am unemployed and living in a house without internet I am on it ALL DAY and usually have to recharge it once during the day as well.

The biologics are a great advancement for a lot of rheumatalogic diseases but that are heavy duty drugs with a lot of serious side effects so I can see why you would want to stay off of them.

ETA - I have an Iphone 4
  • Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2013
    I agree about the biologics tlc.  I've fighting this rheumatological "thing" now for 3 years and betw 2 rheums, my PCP, and my derm no one can agree on anything.  Test results are not consistent and don't sync up with the symptoms.  Sometimes I wish there was a real life Dr. House.

On the weekends, I charge during the day and for a little bit at night.  The phone is only 4 months old and I presume the battery is as well.

ETA:  tlc, did that locum position come through for you?
  • Options
    Yes, it is a go.  I will be working out of state from Mid March throught mid May.  I am working on my new state licence which is a pain.  I am excited to work but sad that I will have to be away from FI to do so.  The wedding is then at the end of May so the good thing is that we can take as much time as we want for our HM.  FI is a professor so he can take as much time as he wants off during the summer.  He usually works anyway in the lab when he is in town.

Ha, yes Dr House can solve any medical mystery.  It cracks me up that his team does everything including give out meds, draw blood, and run scans.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-almost-friday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a15dbbf7-2792-45c1-ad40-3ed9ebd424f7Post:ca9ddd3a-8390-496e-9106-3f3c812e09b6">Re: It's almost friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, it is a go.  I will be working out of state from Mid March throught mid May.  I am working on my new state licence which is a pain.  I am excited to work but sad that I will have to be away from FI to do so.  The wedding is then at the end of May so the good thing is that we can take as much time as we want for our HM.  FI is a professor so he can take as much time as he wants off during the summer.  He usually works anyway in the lab when he is in town. <strong>Ha, yes Dr House can solve any medical mystery.  It cracks me up that his team does everything including give out meds, draw blood, and run scans.
    </strong>Posted by tlc35[/QUOTE]

And run up about 2 billion in diagnostic testing.

Good luck with the position!
  • Options
    I'm still living in the stone age without a smart phone, but I charge my non-smart phone every couple of days. I basically only text on it. If I have a real conversation for more than 5 minutes or so, I make sure to charge it just incase. The battery drains quickly after that. Knock on wood, I've my current cell phone for over 4 years and it still works. I'm holding out on getting technologically advanced until this one dies. 

Marrin, sorry about your rheumatologic issues. Many people in my family, including my mother have also dealt with it so I know how frustrating it can be to figure things out. It seems most doctors can't agree with one another. I'm pretty sure I'm doomed to inherit some sort of rheumatoid problems as well and I'm not looking forward to it.  

• Options
    Edie, it certainly needs a new battery. I knocked it off my table 2 months ago and now occasionally when I plug it in to charge it, I get this strange message on the phone saying the battery isn't compatible, or something weird like that - when it's the original battery to the phone. Fortunately, taking out the battery and putting it back in solves that problem and it will charge. In terms of it keeping the charge, it's not a big issue since I don't actually talk on it all that much. For now I'm just gonna hold out until the whole thing dies. At that point I'll just get a new phone. 

• Options
    Hey all!

My smartphone is horrible - it's defective and the company won't replace it without me paying to upgrade. I think I'm going to cancel my contract and go with another (local) provider. Right now, if I want them to service my phone, it's a two day drive. If I want to upgrade, I have to authorize someone locally to go in and get me a new one, and ship it up here.

Back at work - like I never left. I expected the kids to be sleepier (like me), but there as chatty as ever.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2013
    I'm counting down the minutes till I can eat my lunch leftovers. I made Hoppin' John on New Years Day. Supposedly it's a traditional southern dish that's supposed to bring you good luck in the new year. It's also super delicious and cheap. H and I will get at least 8 meals out of it. possibly more!

Recipe I used:

ETA: The recipe says to use 2 tsb of red crushed pepper flakes. I used 1 1/2 and it was plenty hot. It's enough heat to make it spicy, but still pleasant to eat. Start with that and taste at the end to see if you'd like more spice. 

Strangely enough, I also used a red cast iron pot like shown in the picture. It was probably one of my most favorite gifts I received this year :) 

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Ugh, I posted and it didn't go through.

anyway...Morning (well, morning still here).

I have the iPhone 5. FI and I are a bit ridiculous with phones. We both had the iphone5 then traded them in for the Galaxy s3 for me and he got the Note 2. After 4 days we couldn't handle them and went back to iPhone 5's.
    I charge my phone ever night, but I use it pretty regularly throughout the day.

I got my butt back in the gym yesterday. I'm sore today but I feel good. Now, I'm trying to not pay attention to being hungry and just drinking more water. Ugh. Going to the gym means getting home at 7, which FI isn't a big fan of, but he agrees that working out is important for me, so he is going to deal with it. He's contemplating going to swing shift, which is an extra bit of money/hour and also he wouldn't be affected by my gym time.

oh, yesterday was the 7 month mark until our big day....eeek!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh - Buzz, my mom makes Black Eyed Peas every year for new years also. She sent some home with my daughter yesterday for me, I have yet to eat them though...
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yep, we had black-eyed peas, too! Every year!
  • Options
    It's a tradition for us too, and sourkraout, its the german thing I think
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards