Snarky Brides

Good Friday Morning Ladies!

2»

Re: Good Friday Morning Ladies!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-friday-morning-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a39856d0-6db7-44d0-8dda-c015fdf28107Post:def3b9b2-bf31-4fa1-92c1-0f775afe7fa2">Re: Good Friday Morning Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Friday Morning Ladies! : I need to do that this year.  I've terribly neglected fall decor and browsing through Hobby Lobby the other day had me craving it.  I want some of that fall leaves garland for my banisters, a wreath for the door, and some knick knacks.  All I really have is corn stalks and pumpkins for the front porch, candle centerpieces for the living room and kitchen, and then some halloween stuff.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

<div>That's one thing I'm really looking forward to when we actually have space to store stuff - seasonal decorations! I can do little things here and there, but nothing that will take up too much room in the off season. </div>
  • Shay, I was awake for my wisdom teeth.  The sound is the worst part so please bring music and really good ear buds.  I felt no pain at all during, but you may want to ask if they can keep your lips gooped up since they dry out and get a little manhandled.  It'll be over before you know it!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-friday-morning-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a39856d0-6db7-44d0-8dda-c015fdf28107Post:1f0401e1-cafe-4871-9143-c028d126a566">Re: Good Friday Morning Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shay, I was awake for my wisdom teeth.  The sound is the worst part so please bring music and really good ear buds.  I felt no pain at all during, but you may want to<strong> ask if they can keep your lips gooped up since they dry out and get a little manhandled</strong>.  It'll be over before you know it!
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

<div>I forgot about this.  They can get really dry.  The place I went to gave me special chapstick to use afterwards.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-friday-morning-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a39856d0-6db7-44d0-8dda-c015fdf28107Post:cc8a9381-74c2-4163-85b1-4c600aaf5002">Re: Good Friday Morning Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Poor Atticus.  You said he can't reach to lick the incision area right?  I'm so sorry Button.  I'm the same way with my BF's family so I can totally relate.  Blue, I'll keep you in my thoughts.  And you have fall decorations?  I'm such a loser decorator.  Of course we don't really have fall in Phoenix so I'll use that as my excuse.  Jenny, get a crock pot!  I used mine twice last weekend (French dips on Sunday, chalupa on Monday) and will use it again this weekend. <strong> Word to the wise, get one with a removable & dishwasher safe "crock".</strong>  No big plans for me this weekend.  Hoping to spend some long overdue girl time with my BF and continuing to rest my back.  It's getting better every day but I don't want to make is worse by overdoing it. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

Sounds good, but I'm still waiting on the dishwasher too! lol Maybe I'll have an appliance shopping spree. (I haven't had a dishwasher in about seven years, but we're getting one this fall).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you haven't got a dishwasher or even if you do and want to save a bit of clean time (like at holidays)  buy these:   http://www.soap.com/p/reynolds-wrap-slow-cooker-liners-320191?site=CA&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_S&utm_term=DCS-2827&utm_campaign=GoogleAW&CAWELAID=1323246181&utm_content=pla&adtype=pla&cagpspn=pla

they are miracle workers.  You just pull them out at the end and give the pot a quick wipedown
  • Good tips with the music and chapstick, thanks guys!

Anna, I never use my crockpot without those things anymore.  They seriously make life so much easier! 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-friday-morning-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a39856d0-6db7-44d0-8dda-c015fdf28107Post:fad17dbf-30f4-4c9b-be11-46dcffe34f64">Re: Good Friday Morning Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good tips with the music and chapstick, thanks guys! Anna, I never use my crockpot without those things anymore.  They seriously make life so much easier! 
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

<div>They really are a miracle worker.  Anything that might stick to the pot at all = I use them.  You can't beat a 5 second clean up time!</div>
  • Sounds awesome - thanks for the tips! I use parchment paper a lot for the same reason. I will have to track down a source for them up here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good morning ladies!

Anna, thank you for posting about the crockpot liners. I never would've had looked for something like that but it will come in handy. That's great.

Kd, sorry about your pup. Hope he heals quickly and can keep calm for a bit.

Buttons, i'll keep you in my prayers. Sorry to hear about your best friend's mom.

Shay, you aren't acting like a baby. I would be the same exact way. I hope they are understanding and will let you have your H there. I know that would help me get through it. Good luck though.

Blue, I hope you feel better soon!

Not much going on with me today. I am so glad it's "Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday". I have a long two months ahead of me. Sorry about the song. It's been annoyingly in my head all morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards