Snarky Brides
Options

I finally broke...(LONG)

...and had a bridezilla moment.

I am at the end of my weathered rope today and I lost it and I feel like shiit because I lost it on my dad.

My wedding is in THREE days. Today my brother, a GM, found out he can come. Great, I am so happy that he can be there, for sure this time. Then I talk to my dad and I find out that he has to bring his two German Shepherds (he lives 6 hours away). This is because he has not kept their shots up so they can't go to a kennel for a couple of days. They had to have had their shots for 30 days.

I lost it. Clearly nobody had thought this through until now, THREE days before the wedding. Which is normal right, because I mean, other than the bride and groom, nobody is supposed to give a sh*it right, esp. not the bride's family, or you know, a 29 year-old brother who accepted to be in the wedding party over a year ago. But whatever...as my father said, he is going through a rough patch. Ah yes, the rough patch...the 12 year long rough patch. I get one effing day but that is too much to ask for in 12 years. I have to be understanding of his inability to plan more than ten minutes ahead of time.  I know, it's just two dogs. But now those two dogs have to be stuck in a motel for 12 hours. Which my dad says is fine because they are at home for that long when he is at work (my brother)...oh wait, he has only been at work for 3 days. For the past 6 months he has been sitting on his *ss doing nothing. Granted, he had a job before that, but still, the two dogs are going to be in a new surrounding for 12 hours and my brother won't be able to check up on them. 

But it's fine, I shouldn't worry my dad says. Why would I, this whole process has been so easy, from us paying for their tuxes, chasing them for measurements, not knowing if one of them could come, to this...clearly I have nothing to worry about.

So I lost it on my dad (and to be fair, by lost it, I meant I was honest and told him I wasn't happy, which typically I would never do, typically I would pretend that I am fine with all the messed up family stuff).  And my dad said he is disappointed in me. So now I feel like shiit.

This is a post and run. I have to go pick up my dress. I just needed to vent. I know I sound like a biatch freaking out about nothing. I am just tired of my family being so effing complicated. I feel like it is the one thing I shouldn't have to worry about on top of all the other things I have to worry about. But w/e, it could always be worse...

Re: I finally broke...(LONG)

• Options
    If I was the warm fuzzy type I would hug you but I'm more the awkward always says the wrong thing type.  So, I'll just say that I'm sorry about all this stress and I hope it passes soon and everything works out.
  • Options
    Don't let your dad make you feel bad. It's your brother's own fault because he was an irresponsible pet owner, among other things. You are not to blame for that and you have every right to be frustrated.

I'm sorry your family gives you so much grief. Just think, 3 more days and you'll be a happily married woman. Think happy thoughts. Want some Whisky pics?
  • Options
    I thought you were going to say that they had to bring the dogs to the wedding. LOL!!

Relax and let that go. Dad and brother will be fine and in 3 days you will be MARRIED!!!

Waiting for pics of the dress.
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • Options
    I went my whole planning and wedding without a 'bridezilla' moment, and then one popped up one month after the fact! They come outta nowhere, and most of the time, family is involved :(

Hang in there, you are almost there, if your brothers bring any negative energy whatsoever- IGNORE them completely! Deep Breaths!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Breathe in, breathe out, lather rinse repeat.

*hugs*
    panther
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm sorry number. I would need to vent too if I was dealing with all that. Luckily for me, I'm not dealing with it now, but can bet every dollar I have that I will be in the months to come.

Hopefully picking up your dress will cheer you up.

And I agree with Milkduds, a nice bath or hot shower and a glass of wine is in order. 
  • Options
    Well crap, Number. I would have blown up long ago. It is not your responsibility to cater to your brothers, especially this week. FFS, they should be catering to you, and you know I wouldn't normally be saying this. 

Just ignore them. Turn your phone off or dont answer it. You told them when and where to be and if they can't show up, too damned bad. (THat's FI speaking.. he's been telling met that for weeks). 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Yikes, that has to be stressful for you. One thing that I am learning (as of today) is that its nearly impossible for others to understand how all of these so-called "little" things really stress out the bride-to-be....they truly just dont get it. It will get better...it has to! I second the hot bath and wine...good luck!!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_finally-brokelong?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a4d8dd8d-c820-48e3-8565-99d55788e9d9Post:0a9ceecd-972b-4add-9566-bdd62b8fa808">Re: I finally broke...(LONG)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well crap, Number. I would have blown up long ago. It is not your responsibility to cater to your brothers, especially this week. FFS, they should be catering to you, and you know I wouldn't normally be saying this.  Just ignore them. Turn your phone off or dont answer it. You told them when and where to be and if they can't show up, too damned bad. (THat's FI speaking.. he's been telling met that for weeks). 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

This is what I was thinking, but I chose a more neutral answer. But I change my mind to this.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_finally-brokelong?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a4d8dd8d-c820-48e3-8565-99d55788e9d9Post:b3030329-8382-43aa-b12f-14393372782d">I finally broke...(LONG)</a>:
    [QUOTE]...and had a bridezilla moment. I am at the end of my weathered rope today and I lost it and I feel like shiit because I lost it on my dad. My wedding is in THREE days. Today my brother, a GM, found out he can come. Great, I am so happy that he can be there, for sure this time. Then I talk to my dad and I find out that he has to bring his two German Shepherds (he lives 6 hours away). This is because he has not kept their shots up so they can't go to a kennel for a couple of days. They had to have had their shots for 30 days. I lost it. Clearly nobody had thought this through until now, THREE days before the wedding. Which is normal right, because I mean, other than the bride and groom, nobody is supposed to give a sh*it right, esp. not the bride's family, or you know, a 29 year-old brother who accepted to be in the wedding party over a year ago. But whatever...as my father said, he is going through a rough patch. Ah yes, the rough patch...the 12 year long rough patch. I get one effing day but that is too much to ask for in 12 years. I have to be understanding of his inability to plan more than ten minutes ahead of time.  I know, it's just two dogs. But now those two dogs have to be stuck in a motel for 12 hours. Which my dad says is fine because they are at home for that long when he is at work (my brother)...oh wait, he has only been at work for 3 days. For the past 6 months he has been sitting on his *ss doing nothing. <strong>Granted, he had a job before that, but still, the two dogs are going to be in a new surrounding for 12 hours and my brother won't be able to check up on them</strong>.  But it's fine, I shouldn't worry my dad says. Why would I, this whole process has been so easy, from us paying for their tuxes, chasing them for measurements, not knowing if one of them could come, to this...clearly I have nothing to worry about. So I lost it on my dad (and to be fair, by lost it, I meant I was honest and told him I wasn't happy, which typically I would never do, typically I would pretend that I am fine with all the messed up family stuff).  And my dad said he is disappointed in me. So now I feel like shiit. This is a post and run. I have to go pick up my dress. I just needed to vent. I know I sound like a biatch freaking out about nothing. I am just tired of my family being so effing complicated. I feel like it is the one thing I shouldn't have to worry about on top of all the other things I have to worry about. But w/e, it could always be worse...
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

This gets a big, ole' NOT YOUR PROBLEM.  So what if the dogs are left alone in a strange place for 12 hours?  The worst that's going to happen is that they tear up the hotel room out of boredom, in which case, your brother gets to deal with the ramifications of poor planning. 

I understand that you're upset, but really, of all the things to worry about, this is just silly.  I would understand freaking out if brother decided to bring them to the wedding, but, he's not.  End of story. 

Call your dad and apologize for having a case of the "wedding crazies." 
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm sorry Number. It always worse when the fight is between family members. Seriously, just don't even worry about the dogs. If anything happens because of them it won't be on your shoulders.  I know these last few days are going to be stressful but you're about to marry the man of your dreams and have a whole day where you're surrounded by your closest family and friends. I promise you won't even think about the dogs on your wedding day!

• Options
    I'm sorry that you're going through this so close to your wedding.  Just put those suckas out of your mind and let them handle their poor planning. 

If your dad says he's disappointed in you, tell him YOU'RE disappointed in HIM for not backing you up with your last minute brother!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies...I 'talked' (texted) with my dad and we are good. He said I was entitled to it and I told him I am sorry I took out my frustrations on him. I know the dog thing isn't my responsibility, and really, my blow up had little to do with that and way more to do with being fed up with my brother and my father's enabling of his shittty behaviour.

You guys rock, you all made me feel better, which is what I love about SB...thanks for talking down off the ledge...I now have an ironed dress hanging up and we are about to meet with our MC over fish and chips and wine...one more day of work and then I can focus completely on the wedding. 

You ladies made my day. Thank you. 
  • Options
    That sucks. I totally understand you losing it. 3 days before the wedding? Thanks for the heads up, bro.

You shouldn't worry about the dogs though, that's his problem. As long as he doesn't show up with them and tie them to a tree outside the church, you've got better things to think about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards