Snarky Brides
Options

Let's share meanie stories

Re: Let's share meanie stories

• Options
    i remember when all the former SB'ers who bailed for TK used to come back for an invasion and go off on everybody.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    LVB called me a snotwad last week.  Which is definitely tame compared to these other stories.  Tide, yours makes me so mad/sad. I honestly can't think of anything more horrible that could be said to someone :(
  • Options
    I got told by someone on GIS once that im disgusting and don draper would never want to fuuck a fat chick like me. I think that was supposed to be insulting but i just thought it was funny.
  • Options
    The worst things I ever saw about people were the site-that-shall-not-be-named insults. I got away with only 1 and it wasn't appearance or personality related, thankfully. I kind of hated TK during all that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-share-meanie-stories?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a4f7be80-4387-431f-9908-646d52536cdcPost:c2fd7383-82cf-46ee-856c-adb7dc1fece4">Re: Let's share meanie stories</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's share meanie stories : Yep, that's Daff. She also hates quite a number of styles with straps.
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]

and babies. 
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I think I would laugh if someone caled me a snotwad. It's just a funny word.

• Options
    OMG Sesh.  I'm so sorry :( I've always thought you are so nice, I can't even begin to imagine why someone would say something so awful to you!
  • Options
    Sesh- I'm shocked someone would say that. I always wonder if AEs are trolls who lurk or are people who are around.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was told by an AE/Troll that nobody here likes me and I just need to go away.  I think her name was Jacky or something?
  • Options
    HI LP!

Sesh, I think the worst thing about that is that it was on a PM.  At least if it were on the boards, the poster could have been publicly flogged.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Someone voted me most likely to be a dirty man on a computer is his basement. Haha.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    With certain people, I think it must be someone who regularly is around, either posting or lurking. I mean, why so much random hate? I guess people could just be crazy though.
  • Options
    I think its different when AE's say this stuff and when real posters who you see regularly and continue to post say it. It seems more hurtful when the "real" person does it. Just my personal opinion.
  • Options
    Hi Tide! I've been wanting to tell you that you have a gorgeous family!
  • Options
    I know it just the internet and all that but I can't believe all of the shitty things that people will say to each other. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-share-meanie-stories?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a4f7be80-4387-431f-9908-646d52536cdcPost:fc298120-4ec1-42dd-9d38-9b950a266853">Re: Let's share meanie stories</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's share meanie stories : and babies. 
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

Yeah, she ripped me a new one on the old P&E when there was a discussion of changing diapers on airplanes and I admitted that I had done this once or twice.  Is it an ideal place to make a change?  No.  But I was preboarding, there were few people on the plane yet, I put down a plastic changing pad, and diaper changes generally do not involve fecal matter flying all over the place.  It was quick, neat, and no one even knew I had made a change.  I thought it was a better alternative to having my daughter sit in a poopy diaper for two hours during the flight.  I don't remember what she called me, but I was a newb and scared of posting for a while.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-share-meanie-stories?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a4f7be80-4387-431f-9908-646d52536cdcPost:af86870a-fd8e-4740-aeb9-907abe7148c0">Re: Let's share meanie stories</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I would laugh if someone caled me a snotwad. It's just a funny word.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

<div>I actually did laugh!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-share-meanie-stories?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a4f7be80-4387-431f-9908-646d52536cdcPost:71d123bf-3eb0-44f3-a8fb-88c79123243d">Re: Let's share meanie stories</a>:
    [QUOTE]With certain people, I think it must be someone who regularly is around, either posting or lurking. I mean, why so much random hate? I guess people could just be crazy though.
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

I think it has to be crazy. I guess I couldn't imagine hating someone on here or in real life so much that I would tell them they deserved a shiity childhood.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-share-meanie-stories?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a4f7be80-4387-431f-9908-646d52536cdcPost:04983388-01d5-4a88-adec-eda2b421b9ee">Re: Let's share meanie stories</a>:
    [QUOTE]Someone voted me most likely to be a dirty man on a computer is his basement. Haha.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]
    Don't lie, you are! ;)
  • Options
    Geez y'all.  Some of these are crazy.

I got made fun of in one of my first posts on E.  I didn't stick around much past the first page of it.  I only remember one person from that thread specifically, and only because now that I know her it seems really out of character for her.  I'm glad now that I didn't keep reading so I don't know who else was involved. 
  • Options
    I don't remember anything mean being said to me, but I tend to block that stuff out.

I can't believe how truly cruel some people are, dang. Some of the stuff you've all posted about is terrible. :(
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-share-meanie-stories?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a4f7be80-4387-431f-9908-646d52536cdcPost:c334c96e-3a67-4fb0-a931-d75d23b8fb6f">Re: Let's share meanie stories</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's share meanie stories : Yeah, she ripped me a new one on the old P&E when there was a discussion of changing diapers on airplanes and I admitted that I had done this once or twice.  Is it an ideal place to make a change?  No.  But I was preboarding, there were few people on the plane yet, I put down a plastic changing pad, and diaper changes generally do not involve fecal matter flying all over the place.  It was quick, neat, and no one even knew I had made a change.  I thought it was a better alternative to having my daughter sit in a poopy diaper for two hours during the flight.  I don't remember what she called me, but I was a newb and scared of posting for a while.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]
    Well, what would be the alternative? Kid sits in shiit, getting diaper rash, and the plane smells like ass? That doesn't even make sense.
  • Options
    That's really low, Sesh.  I wonder who it was.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-share-meanie-stories?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a4f7be80-4387-431f-9908-646d52536cdcPost:58732c1b-e0f1-454e-9b16-8f9c803fa65b">Re: Let's share meanie stories</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's share meanie stories : Don't lie, you are! ;)
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

Haha. With the stress going on in my life right now, being a man in a basement with nothing to do but knot doesn't sound half bad.

Edie- it was a superlative!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-share-meanie-stories?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a4f7be80-4387-431f-9908-646d52536cdcPost:cfab7a31-6526-4cd5-8391-99ebe329917a">Re: Let's share meanie stories</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think its different when AE's say this stuff and when real posters who you see regularly and continue to post say it. It seems more hurtful when the "real" person does it. Just my personal opinion.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>Exactly, it's so easy to hide behind a computer and be a douche and not have anyone know that you are being a douche. </div><div>
    </div><div>Dot if you want a debate, the thread was about making it a law for women to take their husbands name.  People said it was unconstitutional and Zims said that wasn't the correct term, because names weren't in the constitution.  *Snort* Because abortion and a ton of other shiit is specifically stated in the constitution.  Then she decided the military board would know best which to me seemed to say, "obviously everyone associated with the military knows every detail of the constitution." Which was dumb. <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_whom-may-concern?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:07171228-da34-4197-9238-75f8263fb6e3Post:470af3ce-e036-4a26-89c1-84d4cbb09a12" target="_blank">LINK</a>  </div>
  • Options
    Yeah, Nates.  That was my introduction to Daff and her um, dislike, of children.  She was arguing that it isn't possible to change a diaper without exposing everyone in the immediate area to its contents.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-share-meanie-stories?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a4f7be80-4387-431f-9908-646d52536cdcPost:5a54aba9-b7f2-4297-918c-9e31eac47d55">Re: Let's share meanie stories</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's share meanie stories : I know, it's strange, I guess maybe I'm an easy target, because I don't bring it back to the boards? Who knows. To be fair, since my posting has dropped off, I haven't received any in... oh, probably a year. But pre-wedding when I posted pretty much daily on P&E and Ceremony Ideas, I received quite a few. I'm positive most were from P&E regs/semi-regs, and that was just the norm back then.<strong> I figure if they're not going to post it on a board, then I don't really care what they say- I just delete them. The dress/fat comments on P&E (or maybe it was E then...) that people agreed with did hurt for a while though. Now I don't care, it's a message board, and I still love my dress, so whatever.</strong>
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]
    YOu have a good attitude, Mrs.J.  I can't lie, I have cried a bunch of times over comments made about me, but I am sensitive like that. N doesn't understand why I just didn't leave or something (although he's met Con, so he gets it more). 
  • Options
    Remember CEW's 'floating head' siggy that got its own thread just to mock it?  I don't remember who did that, but it was really mean.  I thought it was a good picture of her.
  • Options
    Wow there are some serious aholes around here. AE's saying hateful things really pisses me off because it's such a pussy thing to do. 

And Dot, it was a joke, probably a bad time to make a joke because I think you went back and forth a lot that day liking and not liking me. If it did hurt your feelings or piss you off, I'm genuinely sorry. I tend to find things funny that other people don't. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was a bit bothered earlier when Steph said she thought I was condescending, but I don't think it was necessarily that mean. I was just surprised because I know I have my moments, but I didn't think I had them enough to be known for it.

I've generally gotten off pretty lucky with mean comments. I remember being SO PISSED at MrsJesse when I first started posting and it makes me laugh now because she's as far from what I thought she was as can be.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards