July 2012 Weddings

bored...

I'm not motivated to work today...so I guess it's a good thing that I volunteered to judge a science fair all morning instead.  But now I'm at work again.  I'm bored, tired, and think I'm getting sick from lack of sleep.  Darn morning workouts cutting into my precious sleep time.  

What's everyone else up to today? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview

Re: bored...

• Bored over here too. Trying to decide what to make for dinner and counting down the seconds until 5 :-/

You talking about working out is making me feel lazy, I've been so bad lately. I'm thinking about starting up p90x again, I could still finish it before the wedding if I started this month. 

Has anyone been watching that new show Smash? I'm so obsessed with it right now. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm bored too. Dinner is in the oven.  Abuela is hovering around being useless - waiting for FI to get home. ;-)

I'm watching a segment on "reusable shopping bags" on local news. Apparently not a lot of people use them. I use them and love them! They hooooold so much - and are an easy way to contribute to "being green".
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been watching Smash - I hate Kathering Mcphee's character though. If she gets the role of Marilyn, I might punch the TV.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm feeling sad over what the scale told me today. I keep starting and stopping my work outs. I made a commitment that I must be my ideal size by June 1. Guess I'll go running after work today.

Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_bored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:1090955f-4ceb-46cb-982e-16d16a7ba7cdPost:fb706421-752b-40fc-abad-7ea2dbd35cff">Re: bored...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm feeling sad over what the scale told me today. I keep starting and stopping my work outs. I made a commitment that I must be my ideal size by June 1. Guess I'll go running after work today.
    Posted by Carla1019[/QUOTE]

I got to the gym three - four times a week and I see the ladies running on the treadmill and I am just so amazed. How the hell do people run? I consider myself pretty fit - at least average. I kayak all summer for hours each session without a problem. I can bike 5 - 6 miles and be fine.

But dear god, If I try running - I'm shot in 3 minutes. Lol. My calves hurt. I'm out of breath. and I'm just DONE.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kickboxing tonight for me then left overs for dinner and the parenthood season finale!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • So bored. 28 minutes until freedom!

I watched the first episode of Smash and really liked it. I have a problem with sticking with shows though I usually end up watching them online and catching up weeks later.

I'm meeting up with my brother tonight to get fitted for his tux, and to pick up my wedding shoes :] Maybe go get some dinner afterwards. Then I have to go home and watch Gossip Girl on netflix because I can't seem to stop. It's become my guilty pleasure.......
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_bored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:1090955f-4ceb-46cb-982e-16d16a7ba7cdPost:5140ce52-9b23-44b5-a28f-514c8eaf06bb">Re: bored...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: bored... : I got to the gym three - four times a week and I see the ladies running on the treadmill and I am just so amazed. How the hell do people run? I consider myself pretty fit - at least average. I kayak all summer for hours each session without a problem. I can bike 5 - 6 miles and be fine. But dear god, If I try running - I'm shot in 3 minutes. Lol. My calves hurt. I'm out of breath. and I'm just DONE.
    Posted by BrightFirefly[/QUOTE]<div>
    I feel the same way about running. I started the couch to 5k because FI has told me pretty much since the day we met that he'd love to be running buddies.  Me+running doesn't work, but I'm trying for him.  I start my week 2 of it tomorrow morning.  Ugh...</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • I use to LOVE to run.. and then I ran a marthon and now I hate it.. BOO.  I just need to get myself back into it.  I dont mind any other workouts just hate running.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_bored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:1090955f-4ceb-46cb-982e-16d16a7ba7cdPost:2411567e-2c6c-4eea-b5c3-5e2f1481efa8">Re: bored...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: bored... : I feel the same way about running. I started the couch to 5k because FI has told me pretty much since the day we met that he'd love to be running buddies.  Me+running doesn't work, but I'm trying for him.  I start my week 2 of it tomorrow morning.  Ugh...
    Posted by AllyG303[/QUOTE]

Yeah - I just don't get it. What is it about our bodies that prohibits running?

I plan to back-pack the applachian trail  one day - which I feel is totally do-able  - but I don't think i COULD EVER run even like a 2k..lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm at work, and wont' be off for over 4 hours....makes me very sad to have absolutely nothing to do until that time comes. Guess more pinterest? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_bored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:1090955f-4ceb-46cb-982e-16d16a7ba7cdPost:46802ee5-ae4d-405b-ab30-d646deaa8e31">Re: bored...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bored over here too. Trying to decide what to make for dinner and counting down the seconds until 5 :-/ You talking about working out is making me feel lazy, I've been so bad lately. I'm thinking about starting up p90x again, I could still finish it before the wedding if I started this month.  <strong>Has anyone been watching that new show Smash? I'm so obsessed with it right now. </strong>
    Posted by MeaganR12[/QUOTE]

I love it!  I voted for Kat the year she was on American Idol.  I love that the show is about a musical for Marilyn Monroe because I <strong>LOVE</strong> her.
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I love to run especially outside it is such a great workout.  I feel I getter a better workout if I run for 45 minutes then if I were on the elliptical for 45 minutes.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I run for about 30 min on the treadmill, it kicks my bum but i feel better afterwards. I am that much great of a runner. I couldn't run on hard pavement to save the life of me, but I can run 2 miles on the treadmill, go figure.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • bells - My trainer told me running on pavement is one of the worst things for your body/joints.  You need really good shock-absorbing sneakers. 

Good running sneakers are just too expensive for me, so I stick to the elliptical and crank the resistance up. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • i LOVE LOVE LOVE smash...it is the best show on television that i have seen in a REALLY long time.

i might be the minority here but Ivy bugs the hell out of me and I keep finding myself rooting for Karen!  TEAM KAREN WOOOO!

also, running just takes lots and lots of motivation and hard work. it gets easier - I swear!! I used to be one of you guys who "thought' i couldn't run more than a half mile without stopping.  Seriously, I was the slowest runner on my college swim team. We would run as part of our dryland training. I swear to god, I got lapped by the boy on our team who seriously weighed 300 lbs and was nicknamed "the whale", and would regularly have to stop running workouts to vomit in the bushes (not kidding!)

I started a running plan after college and successfully ran 3 half marathons after that. I started out unable to run a mile without stopping, and got down to 10:30ish minute miles during my best half marathon (not good, I know, but really damn good for someone who was as bad of a runner as it gets!)

Yes, it is hard on the knes - really hard on the knees! - and I am currently on a half marathon hiatus for that same reason. You have to take rest days CONSTANTLY to let your body recover. But it is a great challenge and a great way to tone down and burn calories. I would recommend Couch 2 5K to all of you who have trouble getting started with running. 

Just my two cents....
  • Ah - I don't know how you can stand Karen. She's so snotty. lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards