Snarky Brides

Help!

I have the hiccups and can't get them to stop! Any suggestions?
Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Help!

• drink water while upside down

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Drink water out of a bottle while upside.
    Have someone scare the shiit out of you.
    Hold your nose, and blow out of it.

I get hiccups, a few times a week. They're painful, and rarely go away faster than about an hour.
  • Drop some tabasco sauce on your tongue.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Try doing a headstand and holding it while you have a conversation.
  • OK, so FI got fed up with the hiccups (apparently I was shaking the whole couch with the force). He got up and left the room, came back a couple minutes later and purposely scared the crap out of me since I was concentrating on something else. I didn't think it would work, but it did! Thanks for the suggestions! I'll keep that in mind for next time.
  • Headstand huh? I don't know if I can do those anymore!
  • NebbNebb member
    10000 Comments 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_help-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a63f5341-1b01-4831-899c-17f1e7905d3aPost:b2f4c950-472b-4454-95d5-47b148f3c231">Re: Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Headstand huh? I don't know if I can do those anymore!
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]
    Thats the point. You concentrate so hard on doing them that you forget about the hiccups and they go away. Hiccups go away once you focus your attention on something else, for some reason.
  • To get rid of hiccups all you need to do is change your breathing pattern.  Try holding your breath.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You have hiccups, because there is a flap in your esophagus, that gets stuck the wrong way. You have to try to force it back, to make the hiccups stop.

• Spoonful of sugar. Always works for me. You hold it in your mouth til it dissolves and ta-da! No more hiccups.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_help-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a63f5341-1b01-4831-899c-17f1e7905d3aPost:cd8b1c4f-1e5a-4bf6-8ef1-2e932ada5b2b">Re: Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help! : Thats the point. You concentrate so hard on doing them that you forget about the hiccups and they go away. Hiccups go away once you focus your attention on something else, for some reason.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>Yup, this.  Or just focus on breathing regularly.  Whenever someone gets the hiccups, I just ask them to tell me right before the next one happens.  It never does, because they start focusing on their breathing, which evens out, and hiccups are gone.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards