Snarky Brides
Options

Poll: Running through the neighbors' yard as a kid

2»

Re: Poll: Running through the neighbors' yard as a kid

• Options
    What kind of teenagers play cops and robbers??

After you get your fence up I say you put really thorny bushes around it, anything that will be painful if they land in them, but not so painful that they get hurt - these sound like the type of kids that will sue you if they get hurt while trespassing on your property.

This kind of situation is one more reason to have a gun. You walk out there pointing a shotgun at them they won't be coming back.
  • Options
    I never ran through anyone's yards because I don't think it crossed my mind.  Unless I was playing with the kids who lived there.  But I was a nerd and spent most of my time indoors writing books, drawing and sewing clothes for my Barbies.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Put up some barbed wire.

Or do the sprinkler thing, that's less likely to get you sued Wink
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    There's not really an answer that suits me.  I suppose if someone ASKED me not to run through their yard, I wouldn't.  But as kids (and teenagers) we would play Manhunt and run through the whole neighborhood and climb trees.  Everyone's yard was fair game, but the neighbors never had any problems with it.  It wasn't unusual for them to lean out the windows to see who was there, and we'd whisper back, "It's just me, Jane Doe, from down the street.  We're playing Manhunt, and I'm hiding, shhh!" and they'd offer us cookies or candy or something.

Yep, I lived in Pleasantville basically.  It was awesome!  But then again, I never tagged anyone's garage or broke anything, and had actually babysat for most of these people.  So it's a totally different story.

I'd never have a problem with kids in our yard if it wasn't fenced in and they weren't causing problems.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards