Snarky Brides
Options

Meet and greet

Let's get to know eachother a bit better shall we? Newbs and regs alike. I'm nebb, I live in southern ontario in Canada, I like to read, watch my shows (the walking dead, mad men, boardwalk empire, parenthood, haven, and coronation street), I am interested in regular and zombie related preparedness, I love pinterest, I have a pug, my husband and I have been married for 4 years this july and I'm 28. Feel free to share as much or as little as you want, just say hi :)

Re: Meet and greet

• Options
    I'm midge, I actually live in the Northern Kentucky(Great Cinci) area and have my entire life. I love to read, play my flute, sing, take pictures and scrapbook. I have a cat named Baxter who is my baby. FI and I love to go to Reds, Cyclones, Xavier and Crew games. We're finally getting married in less than four months!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I'm texasgurly13, I live in San Antonio, Texas.  I'm going into the USAF, but right now I'm a server while I'm waiting for my recruiter to finish getting all my paperwork done.  I am an avid Gleek and have recently gotten into the show Smash.  I have a dog and two cats, and FI and I have been together for 3 years and will be getting married in August, and I'll be 27 in March (during spring break...love my birthday!)

ETA:  Feels like the profile I wrote for the dating website I joined before I met FI.  lol

And Happy Birthday DJ!
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Options

Hi Nebb Can we see some pictures of your pug?

My name is Aimee, I am 24, I live in Central Alberta, Canada. I have two corgi's whom I love. I have been married since October.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Great idea Nebb!

I'm KD, I live in NE Ohio aka Cleveland suburbs. I am 45, I have a 21 year old son. My husband and I have been together 8 years, married 2 this May 22nd. He has a daughter who just had a baby, so we are now Oma and Opa to a baby girl.

I love reading mostly Stephen King, Dean Koontz, right now I'm reading Walk the Red Road, I highly suggest to anyone ;) I like making things like yarn wreaths and cork wreaths. I also love gardening when the weather permits.

We have one cat named Tobie and we are about to get a new Doberman in a few months.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am 32, live in Maryland and work in pediatric research. I enjoy stalking Nebb on Pinterest, reading, watching movies and spending time with FH and our animals. I have lived in various states along the East Coast and we're currently contemplating a move somewhere warmer. 

FH and I had our first date two years ago tomorrow. When I first met him I was convinced he was just going to be a quick fling but I am happy to say I was wrong!  We fell for each other pretty quickly. He had pretty much moved in with me after a few weeks and officially moved in within 5 months.  

We're planning a very small wedding in September. FH had sworn he would never get married but changed his mind soon after meeting me. His family is still in a mild state of shock, in a good way. 
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I'm theDuckster and I live in Georgia. I've been married for almost 4 months and my H and I have 2 awesome catahoulas. I really enjoy watching Bones and Glee and and I'm 23. My H and I love playing video games and watching movies like Bunraku.

ETA: My real name is Jenny.
  • Options
    Oh and I love to garden! Mostly vegetables. I have no use for flowers other than to photograph them. I suppose those are my 2 hobbies. I'm on my phone so I can't post pics but ill try to post a pic of vin (my pug!) Tonight.
  • Options
    Happy birthday DJ! :)

I forgot to mention that I'm 25 and FI is 26. Our birthdays are a year and two days apart.
  • Options
    amys325amys325 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2012

Hello, I'm Amy and I live in Chicago. I'm a transplant of 8 years, originally from Cleveland, OH.  Met my H here and we've been married for almost a year (Feb 25).  We got a French Bulldog in June and she is the cutest little thing ever. 
    I love the Cleveland Browns more than anything and I have the hope that one year they will be great and go to the Superbowl.
    Once of the main reasons I chose to move to Chicago is so I didn't have to worry about drinking and driving (I haven't owned a car in 8 years).
    I love planning group events for friends in the city and I love to throw parties....but I hated planning my wedding with a passion.
    I don't engage as much on TK as I want to, but I lurk a lot.  I try to show that I'm here by posting now and then just as to not be a complete creeper.

ETA:  Oh and I'm 30 (almost 31).

• Options
    Happy birthday DJ! I'm McKenzie and I like to hike :-). I'm 30 and used to be a teacher but we moved south and I can't find a job. My H is in the Navy. He works on submarines. I like reading, running, trashy tv, Pittsburgh anything, and our two puppies: Geno and Ike.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This is a great idea Nebb!

I'm Amber, I live in South Florida with my FI (Carlos) and our two furbabies. One huge dog (Rhodesian Ridgeback) named Tucker and one kitty named Max. I like to read, cook, pin, and watch trashy reality tv. Carlos and I have been together for about 4 years, living together for 3, and engaged for 3 months.
  • Options
    Girlie1030Girlie1030 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Happy birthday DJ!

I'm girlie, I'm an Aries and I  enjoy long romantic walks on the beach and imagining world peace.  Or, I'm 36 years old, have worked at the same company for almost 15 years, enjoy wine, smokes and coffee and watching cheesy romantic comedies.  I have 2 dogs and a cat and a husband who has some pretty hot legs and a twisted sense of humor. 
  • Options
    I'm AllAboutTheBenjamin but hoars around here call me AATB.  I'm 28, married my husband in November of 2010 on what would have been my grandparent's 56th wedding anniversary, in a chapel right next to a flooding lake.  We live in FARGO, you betcha, I'm a reporter and he's a bank teller and hopefully future credit analyst/loan officer.  We have a year old puggle named Lucy.

I like to write, exercise, bake and cook, watch a lot of shitty TV and drink beer.

I also really, really hate doughnuts and if you give me a doughnut I will bite your face off (I'm looking at you, birthday girl DJ)
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_meet-and-greet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a9c491be-efc2-4369-b2cf-ca5010872cd7Post:b3d009be-1656-4bf1-96fb-261fe8f29a89">Re: Meet and greet</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh and I love to garden! Mostly vegetables. I have no use for flowers other than to photograph them. I suppose those are my 2 hobbies. I'm on my phone so I can't post pics but ill try to post a pic of vin (my pug!) Tonight.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

My first year of gardening I had flowers...then I decided they were a waste of space and turned to gardening all edibles. 

I did well with my jalepenos, habaneros, mint and basil.  My parsley died a terrible death and my tomatoes were all eaten by an effing squirrel.  Oh and the strawberries did nothing....they just did nothing.
  • Options
    Oh, nice! I like this thread.

I'm MandK (I'm the K; my name is not Amanda), I'm 25 and live in between Ann Arbor and Detroit, MI.  I've been married since September.  I'm currently in school for clinical health neuropsychology and paying my bills by being a server.  I love the Detroit Tigers, I'm a music fanatic (no, seriously, I have some obsessive tendencies), and I have two cats. I brew beer and my husband and I want to open a brewery.

• Options
    Rachers, what part of Texas did you grow up in?
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Options
    Happy Birthday DJ!!

My name is Avs. I live in Northern Ontario. I'm 22 and in school for political science and history.  FI and I are getting married this summer if our families don't drive us crazy. I have a "broken" puppy. He fell down the stairs and is forever crooked. I love hockey and video games.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_meet-and-greet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a9c491be-efc2-4369-b2cf-ca5010872cd7Post:753d3dce-888a-49bc-8630-43a7cae7ac7d">Re: Meet and greet</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy birthday DJ! I'm McKenzie and I like to hike :-). I'm 30 and used to be a teacher but we moved south and I can't find a job. My H is in the Navy. He works on submarines. I like reading, running, trashy tv, Pittsburgh anything, and our two puppies: Geno and Ike.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

Gotta love a Navy man! My H was a submariner.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Hi!  I'm almost 25 and finally getting married in June.  I live in MA and more then not being able to wait until my wedding I can't wait to have my own place with somewhere that I can garden!  I love reading, scrapbooking, coffee, wine and chocolate.

ETA: Happy Birthday DJ!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Hi! I'm Michelle and I live with my FI in the burbs of Chicago. We're getting married on Friday the 13th of July- He gets a kick out of that. I enjoy eating out, excercising, being with FI and friends, and watching real crap reality television.

I'm a post secondary school counselor- help students with career/college research. My FI and I work in the same school. He is a business teacher, football and wrestling coach. We actually didn't meet at the school- We met through my best friend who is a math teacher at the school. I took a job that opened up after we were already dating.

Edit: My drink of choice is Bud Light or Blue Moon- Love me some wine too!

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_meet-and-greet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a9c491be-efc2-4369-b2cf-ca5010872cd7Post:686a04a1-66b2-4db4-b252-2dd6c3258b6d">Re: Meet and greet</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm Koda.  I live in the Bay Area.  I<strong> like wine A LOT- as in I have over 300 bottles cellaring.</strong>  I also enjoy reading, traveling, cooking and eating. I don't 'work out' but I like to walk and city hike.  I have a black cat named Koda and a dopey daschund mix mutt named Pinot.  I'm turning the dirty thirty in a few months and I think I've finally embraced it.  H and I are going on a 2 1/2 week vacation to Italy and Paris in May.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

I love wine a lot, but I drink it too fast.  I have however started buying bottles to save and I bought a small wine fridge to store them in.  When we have a bigger home (not an 850 sq ft condo), I will have a basement with a wine cellar.

I'm so jealous of you.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_meet-and-greet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a9c491be-efc2-4369-b2cf-ca5010872cd7Post:13904e42-bf35-4c12-87f7-a1edc8ad8419">Re: Meet and greet</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Meet and greet : Gotta love a Navy man! My H was a submariner.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

:-) I don't know how they do it, weeks without sunlight!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_meet-and-greet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a9c491be-efc2-4369-b2cf-ca5010872cd7Post:fd148f53-0e9e-4aed-afe5-8284accb61c2">Meet and greet</a>:
    [QUOTE]Let's get to know eachother a bit better shall we? Newbs and regs alike. I'm nebb, I live in southern ontario in Canada, I like to read, watch my shows (the walking dead, mad men, boardwalk empire, parenthood, haven, and coronation street), I am interested in regular and zombie related preparedness, I love pinterest,<strong> I have a pug,</strong> my husband and I have been married for 4 years this july and I'm 28. Feel free to share as much or as little as you want, just say hi :)
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    Jealous! I love Pugs! Pics please?

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    G2SoccerTazG2SoccerTaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I am G2SoccerTaz or just Taz. I normally lurk and post on my monthly board.

I am now living in East Texas. I love to read and travel and history and anything dealing with CSI/Bones/NCIS. I am a huge Texas Rangers fan and soccer.

I am getting married at the end of June in California with the Redwoods. FI and I have been together for almost 6 years and we have been friends for over 10 years.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_meet-and-greet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a9c491be-efc2-4369-b2cf-ca5010872cd7Post:4cd268a8-0998-497f-aa6f-32a98b072e5e">Re: Meet and greet</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm AllAboutTheBenjamin but hoars around here call me <strong>McTits</strong>!.  I'm 28, married my husband in November of 2010 on what would have been my grandparent's 56th wedding anniversary, in a chapel right next to a flooding lake.  We live in FARGO, you betcha, I'm a reporter and he's a bank teller and hopefully future credit analyst/loan officer.  We have a year old puggle named Lucy. I like to write, exercise, bake and cook, watch a lot of shitty TV and drink beer. I also really, really hate doughnuts and if you give me a doughnut I will bite your face off (I'm looking at you, birthday girl DJ)
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Fixed it for you! And I'm so glad I'm not the only one who hates doughnuts people think I'm nuts.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_meet-and-greet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a9c491be-efc2-4369-b2cf-ca5010872cd7Post:cf20c7a0-9169-48ef-86ea-f26a97edc3e4">Re: Meet and greet</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Meet and greet : Fixed it for you! And I'm so glad I'm not the only one who hates doughnuts people think I'm nuts.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

How do you hate donuts?  It's like breakfast cake.
  • Options
    Happy Birthday DJ!

I'm Leah, or lbarr, doesn't really matter to me.  I'm 23 and live south of Boston but spend everyday in the city.  I work as a reserach technician studying a type of cancer that is really common in asian males.  

I'm hoping to go back to school in the next couple of years to be a PA.  First thing is taking an anatomy and human development class at night/weekends so I can apply.  I was a pre-vet major in undergrad so I'm fairly certain all of that anatomy does NOT count towards a PA ;)

I love playing lacrosse, love watching hockey, and enjoy reading any type of mystery/suspense.  I'd like to try other genres but I'm afraid I would get too bored.  
  • Options
    Happy Birthday DJ! Hope you have a great day! Any fun plans?

• Options
    Happy Birthday DJ!

I forgot to add that I'm 25 and my FI is 28. We are planning our wedding for this Novemeber.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_meet-and-greet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a9c491be-efc2-4369-b2cf-ca5010872cd7Post:686a04a1-66b2-4db4-b252-2dd6c3258b6d">Re: Meet and greet</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm Koda.  I live in the Bay Area.  I like wine A LOT- as in I have over 300 bottles cellaring.  I also enjoy reading, traveling, cooking and eating. I don't 'work out' but I like to walk and city hike.  I have a black cat named Koda and a dopey daschund mix mutt named Pinot.  I'm turning the dirty thirty in a few months and I think I've finally embraced it. <strong><u> H and I are going on a 2 1/2 week vacation to Italy and Paris in May.
    </u></strong>Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

OMG Jealous! I've been to Paris, but not Italy. I want to go to both with FI.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards