Snarky Brides
Options

Things You Hate About Weddings... GO!

1. The garter toss. I think its creepy and uncomfortable
2. Smashing cake in the face
3. bridal showers. Not technically part of the wedding but, I REALLY hate     bridal showers.
4.Receiving lines.

Re: Things You Hate About Weddings... GO!

• Options
    1. Crazy ass bitches

2. Wedding chicken

3. When the groom spends the whole reception playing x-box and screaming

4. When there is no cake.

• Options
    1. RECEIVING LINES. So awkward.

2. Not knowing anyone.

3. When there are not enough chairs.
  • Options
    1. Garter/Bouquet Toss
    2. Cake smashing.  Fun for everyone but the cakeface.
    3. Planning.
    4. People's expectations.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_things-hate-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ab842b99-9ec3-4920-94ea-767fd6455a7cPost:13f768e7-75e7-47c9-8214-816dda3b82c6">Re: Things You Hate About Weddings... GO!</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  Any participation dances like YMCA or the macarena blech! 2.  The bouquet toss.  It makes everyone look desparate. 3.  The groom's side and the bride's side.  Isn't a wedding about coming together people? 
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

AGREED. YMCA, or Shout.. if they play it at my wedding, I am going to scream!! I hate that!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    1. garter toss is my absolute top...
    2. the bride that still is bridezilla...it's NOW your wedding day; relax already
    3. drunken toasts that last thirty minutes (yeah; been to one of those)
    4. Receiving lines
    5. the chicken dance/absolute hiphop music weddings where the girls are grinding on their dates

I like bridal parties; the few (except one) I've been to are actually pretty fun. BUT I will say that the one I couldn't stand....the bride took 5000 hours to open the presents when there was only 20 people there AND THEN proceeded to b!tch to her mom that a present wasn't exactly what she wanted. Thank God the person that sent it wasn't there...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_things-hate-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ab842b99-9ec3-4920-94ea-767fd6455a7cPost:0e0de09f-3d8a-4db6-a101-88251de1785b">Re: Things You Hate About Weddings... GO!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things You Hate About Weddings... GO! : AGREED. YMCA, or Shout.. if they play it at my wedding, I am going to scream!! I hate that!!!
    Posted by janice0487[/QUOTE]

<div>Our friend DJed our wedding and we told her to stay away from all of those kinds of songs.  Unfortunately, "We are Family" was played. UGH.</div>
  • Options
    1. Planning them...
    2. Receiving lines
    3. Garter toss (trying to talk FI out of doing this)/Bouquet toss
    4. If I can't see or hear the ceremony
    5. If there is no alcohol at a night/evening wedding
    6. Long gaps in cities I'm unfamiliar with
    7. Oh, yea! The cake smash. HATE.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Reception lines. There was one at my FI's cousin's wedding and I didn't know what to do. Do I give you a hug? A handshake? Just smile and walk away? I had never met the chick before. AWKWARD.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    Gaps, bouquet toss, garter toss, any slides (electric, chacha) and when dinner takes too long.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Kids that scream during the ceremony (not a baby crying, like an actual, thinking kid that is being a brat).

Girls who give that bitchy, fake smile ("Ugh, I'm walking down the aisle and it's soooo annoying" ::fakesmile::)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_things-hate-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ab842b99-9ec3-4920-94ea-767fd6455a7cPost:e91363ba-1ac5-4227-95ef-841319d0b49e">Re: Things You Hate About Weddings... GO!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Reception lines. There was one at my FI's cousin's wedding and I didn't know what to do. Do I give you a hug? A handshake? Just smile and walk away? I had never met the chick before. AWKWARD.
    Posted by BunnyChii[/QUOTE]

You shake the bride's hand and say, "Thank you for inviting me, you look BEAUTIFUL" since no girl will turn down a compliment and then shake the groom's hand and say "congratulations!"

done and not awkward.  Took me a few weddings to figure that one out   ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_things-hate-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ab842b99-9ec3-4920-94ea-767fd6455a7cPost:6a9f8f00-e6f8-4007-9d45-d3ed4a5c6c37">Re: Things You Hate About Weddings... GO!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kids that scream during the ceremony (not a baby crying, like an actual, thinking kid that is being a brat). Girls who give that bitchy, fake smile ("Ugh, I'm walking down the aisle and it's soooo annoying" ::fakesmile::)
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

This reminded me of how much I hate bubbles at a wedding and kids (as a combination of course). When my best friend got married, there were like 30 kids blowing bubbles all over the dance floor. Needless to say, about 4 people slipped and fell. Way to go kiddos, way.. to.. go..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_things-hate-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ab842b99-9ec3-4920-94ea-767fd6455a7cPost:6a9f8f00-e6f8-4007-9d45-d3ed4a5c6c37">Re: Things You Hate About Weddings... GO!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kids that scream during the ceremony (not a baby crying, like an actual, thinking kid that is being a brat). Girls who give that bitchy, fake smile ("Ugh, I'm walking down the aisle and it's soooo annoying" ::fakesmile::)

<div>My cousin walked me and she kept having to tell me to look up.  It was hard walking in heels on grass. Heh</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_things-hate-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ab842b99-9ec3-4920-94ea-767fd6455a7cPost:cfa5faf5-1d2a-42cc-8e0f-8caa711b755b">Re: Things You Hate About Weddings... GO!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things You Hate About Weddings... GO! : This reminded me of how much I hate bubbles at a wedding and kids (as a combination of course). When my best friend got married, there were like 30 kids blowing bubbles all over the dance floor. Needless to say, about 4 people slipped and fell. Way to go kiddos, way.. to.. go..
    Posted by janice0487[/QUOTE]

No need to blame the kids.  That sounds like a parent/adult problem.
  • Options
    1. Not enough food
    2. Not enough alcohol
    3. Head tables (esp if your SO is in the WP)
    4. Receiving lines

• Options
    - Unassigned seating when there are exactly the amount of seats per guest. (no tables assigned as well)
    - receiving lines that include the b/g + family + wedding party
    - when the Pastor talks about the groom getting erections during the first kiss
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_things-hate-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ab842b99-9ec3-4920-94ea-767fd6455a7cPost:6a9f8f00-e6f8-4007-9d45-d3ed4a5c6c37">Re: Things You Hate About Weddings... GO!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Girls who give that bitchy, fake smile ("Ugh, I'm walking down the aisle and it's soooo annoying" ::fakesmile::)
    Going to a wedding for someone on the police force on Friday and the woman is very catty.....I see her doing this.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_things-hate-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ab842b99-9ec3-4920-94ea-767fd6455a7cPost:cda0250b-a711-4864-b020-452bc8bbdc27">Re: Things You Hate About Weddings... GO!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things You Hate About Weddings... GO! : You shake the bride's hand and say, "Thank you for inviting me, you look BEAUTIFUL" since no girl will turn down a compliment and then shake the groom's hand and say "congratulations!" done and not awkward.  Took me a few weddings to figure that one out   ;)
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

<div>Hindsight. She just looked at me awkwardly like, "Uhh, who are you?" I said congrats and walked on.</div><div>
    There was also my cousins' wedding when I was about 12. I thought her husband was super cute, so it was really awkward when he hugged me in the receiving line. Once again, it was the first time I was meeting him. My face must've been beet red.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    I also hated when people would say, "Do what you waaant. It's youuuuur daaaay!" Because I never planned our wedding with that mentality.
  • Options
    thread jack....
    Card Monsta-When did you move to the HV?  Or did you always live there?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Monsta, you had some serious heels going on, girl. They were beautiful, but I can see why that would be rough.

I hate fake smiles like this girl:

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_things-hate-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ab842b99-9ec3-4920-94ea-767fd6455a7cPost:1eb18c68-9dd0-484b-b497-b5bef996d62b">Re: Things You Hate About Weddings... GO!</a>:
    [QUOTE]thread jack.... Card Monsta-When did you move to the HV?  Or did you always live there?
    Posted by jamiefour[/QUOTE]

<div>We HMed there.  It's my home in my heart. :)</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_things-hate-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ab842b99-9ec3-4920-94ea-767fd6455a7cPost:0da92174-87ca-496a-aec9-229d153c477a">Re: Things You Hate About Weddings... GO!</a>:
    [QUOTE] - when the Pastor talks about the groom getting erections during the first kiss
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

Yea, that'd be awkward.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    When they're boring.

That's pretty much all I've got.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_things-hate-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ab842b99-9ec3-4920-94ea-767fd6455a7cPost:0da92174-87ca-496a-aec9-229d153c477a">Re: Things You Hate About Weddings... GO!</a>:
    [QUOTE]- Unassigned seating when there are exactly the amount of seats per guest. (no tables assigned as well) - receiving lines that include the b/g + family + wedding party - <strong>when the Pastor talks about the groom getting erections during the first kiss
    </strong>Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

Whoa! I want the back story on this!
  • Options
    reilsreils member
    First Comment
    From a planning point of view I hated the guest list. 
  • Options
    Ok, so erection story.

Couple is very very religious. Both had very bad youths and were pulled out of it by the church. As a result they were considered virgins in the eyes of the church/Pastor even though they had had sex (8 years before). They were also very careful to limit any kissing/touching to keep themselves from temptation.

Vows, vows, I do I do, "You may now kiss the bride...but stand back folks! The stallion may come out of the gate with this kiss!" Poor couple was so embarassed they just pecked each other.

H and I just looked at each other wondering if we both heard what we thought we heard.
  • Options
    reilsreils member
    First Comment
    How embarrassing would that be!? Yikes. 
  • Options
    1. Group Dances (Cha-cha Slide, YMCA, Cupid Shuffle, Chicken Dance....and especially Cotton Eyed Joe)
    2. The cost
    3. Bouquet/Garter toss
    4. Meatloaf...the singer (Paradise By the Dashboard Light)
    5. A bad cocktail hour (in NJ cocktail hours are the best part)
    6. Drama that comes along with the wedding
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards