Snarky Brides
Options

SYTYCD

Anyone watch? It already aired here and was pretty good! I love this show so much.

Thoughts? Favorites?

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko

Re: SYTYCD

• Options
    I totally agree about the Alex thing, but I may also be ignorant too. :) And I even wanted him to be amazing, because he is one of my favorites and before he came on, I was like "please let him be paired with Allison" because I love her too. So I got what I wanted, but I feel like I just didn't "get" the performance. It was good, but not as good as they tried to make it seem.

I am SO GLAD Mary is no longer a permanent judge. I much prefer actual critiques to screaming about the hot tamale train.

How do you like the new format and the All-Stars?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    K ByteK Byte member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    THANK YOU! I felt like I was taking crazy pills because I also did not think Alex was that great yet the judges were all up his butt. I guess I liked Robert's dance (at the end) the best, it really stuck out in my mind for some reason.

Am I allowed to vote for Mark? :p
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    K Byte, I'm glad I'm not crazy either! :) Honestly, I think there have been much more amazing contemporary routines on the show. Will and Katee's pas de deux comes to mind, or pretty much anything contemporary that Danny did in Season 3. I really like Alex though, and I hope they don't turn voters against him with their over-praising like they did with Will. I'm sorry, but he should have won that season, not Joshua.

Jesse, I agree with your feelings on that song and the use of it. I like Sonya's artsy choreography, but the jerking and shaky hands seemed a bit all over the place for what she was trying to express with the piece. I like the All-Stars so far, but honestly I had a hard time watching the contestants if I liked the All-Star! I guess it depends on who's dancing with whom. ;)

• Options
    I really liked the show, but i think the girls are going to have a hard time this year. I feel like it will be early eliminations for them, because the guys are more likeable.

I really like the All-Star thing, but I have very mixed feelings on some of the all-stars, being that there are 3 that I really so not care for.

I thought Robert and Courtney were the best couple in terms of connection and feeling the music. They were by far my favorite couple, but I have always liked Courtney. I think that they are setting Alex up for failure with that much praise so early on in the competition. Let's face it, the most talented dancer is never the winner, but maybe this year it will be a little different.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm just watching it now!  Recorded it so I could take care of Em and stuff, so I'm maybe a little more than halfway through it?

I'm terrible with names, so I have no idea who is who, but I really liked the young kid who did the ballroom dance.  I was pleasantly surprised!

I think the show is completely biased towards contemporary dancers, though.  They make everyone do a piece in that style, but not in tap or pointe?  I get why they can't, but there's definitely a bias there.  However, I don't care who wins, I just like watching good dancers.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sytycd-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:aba0e189-fb6a-455b-b7b6-06e36e59a4e6Post:c4964df4-c00c-4e6a-93dc-e57a97d8e72a">Re: SYTYCD</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm just watching it now!  Recorded it so I could take care of Em and stuff, so I'm maybe a little more than halfway through it? I'm terrible with names, <strong>so I have no idea who is who, but I really liked the young kid who did the ballroom dance.</strong>  I was pleasantly surprised! I think the show is completely biased towards contemporary dancers, though.  They make everyone do a piece in that style, but not in tap or pointe?  I get why they can't, but there's definitely a bias there.  However, I don't care who wins, I just like watching good dancers.
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

That's Kent! I thnk he is one of my favorites because he is just so precious.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Sucrets, I like watching good dancers too! And I agree there is a bias toward contemporary.

Mags, who are the 3 All-Stars that you don't care for? I'm not a huge fan of Comfort, Mark, or Lauren. But I think I dislike Lauren just because of her stupid story during season 2 when she said she sometimes impersonates an Asian girl for auditions, and calls herself "Misha Chan." She's not Asian, btw.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sytycd-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:aba0e189-fb6a-455b-b7b6-06e36e59a4e6Post:9f0995a9-d67c-4888-9f3a-ebc51a813967">Re: SYTYCD</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SYTYCD : That's Kent! I thnk he is one of my favorites because he is just so precious.
    Posted by mags0607[/QUOTE]

Yes!  And I'm really surprised how talented he is, given where he grew up.  I'm not saying people from rural areas aren't good, but there are far less opportunities to develop the talent, you know?

• Options
    K ByteK Byte member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    The young kid who did the ballroom routine w/ Anya is named Kent, and he's from a small town in Ohio (like meeee!) But he must be from a really small town, I have no idea where exactly he lives. I just know it's in Ohio. Yeah, I thought he was good too. Are all the guys contemporary or jazz dancers this year except for Jose?

Pasha needed a bit less shirt tonight I think.
  • Options
    Ahhhh, how do you remember all the names??

I suck at names.  Not good for a teacher, especially when I used to have classes of 130 kids.

(I need to go to bed soon.  It's late for me and she's actually sleeping!)

• Options
    Beatles- If you sub Mark's name and replace it with Neil, then we would have the same dislikes. I also did not know that story about Laurn, but that just adds to my dislike of her.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sytycd-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:aba0e189-fb6a-455b-b7b6-06e36e59a4e6Post:0d81bc13-4f94-487d-ba08-5cee0991dc88">Re: SYTYCD</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SYTYCD : Yes!  And I'm really surprised how talented he is, given where he grew up.  I'm not saying people from rural areas aren't good, but there are far less opportunities to develop the talent, you know?
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. I expected him to be more "cute" than he was "good" but he is very surprising in a really good way.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Mags - Happy to help you dislike Lauren more. ;)

D - Don't leave, I finally lured you here with talk of the arts! It's hard work getting you here these days, you know.

I was also really impressed with Kent during his auditions, and I wondered who the hell is training him in bumfuck Wapokeneta (sp?). I mean, what are the odds there's another amazing dancer in that town to teach him to do that? I bet he had to travel pretty far to get his training. Oh, and tonight I thought Anya was going to eat him alive, but he did really well. Even if his mouth was open almost the entire time.

• Options
    Anya is one of my favorites. I was surprised he did so well with her in that style.

I really don't think I like Billy Bell or Kristina though, tonight did nothing to change my impression of them.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    sucrets4sucrets4 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sytycd-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:aba0e189-fb6a-455b-b7b6-06e36e59a4e6Post:11fcaf41-1205-43e4-a5bd-ba28893f1b7f">Re: SYTYCD</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mags - Happy to help you dislike Lauren more. ;) D - Don't leave, I finally lured you here with talk of the arts! It's hard work getting you here these days, you know. I was also really impressed with Kent during his auditions, and I wondered who the hell is training him in bumfuck Wapokeneta (sp?). I mean, what are the odds there's another amazing dancer in that town to teach him to do that? <strong>I bet he had to travel pretty far to get his training. Oh, and tonight I thought Anya was going to eat him alive, but he did really well. </strong>Even if his mouth was open almost the entire time.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

These things.  I don't know the girl, but he looked so awkward in rehearsal - I was shocked when he was staring at her ass!

Hey, if you could guarantee that Em would sleep until at least 6am, I'd gladly stay up a bit longer!

• Options
    Okay, I'm done watching.  And pretty tired, so I'm heading to bed. 

Goodnight, all!

• Options
    Goodnight my lovely Sucrets! Sleep tight with Em. <3

Mags, I can't even remember which one Kristina is. The ballroom chick and the contemporary one who danced with Neil are the same person as far as I'm concerned. I think the tapper chick is just okay. I feel like we're supposed to like Billy Bell. And I do for now, so I'll do what I'm told. ;)

• Options
    Kristina is the Salsa chick, and yeah the one that danced with Neil just doesn't stand out to me.

It seems like no one was really challenged style-wise except for those that had to partner with Anya and Pasha. I thought Adechike (sp?) was just okay, and that Kathryn made him look really inexperienced, but I LOVE Kathryn, so I may be biased in that regard.

I also think they are going to quit liking Billy Bell now that they have firmly planted themselves on both the Robert and Alex trains.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sytycd-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:aba0e189-fb6a-455b-b7b6-06e36e59a4e6Post:bde8a8bc-dca1-4379-a4f8-c588225fbdd6">Re: SYTYCD</a>:
    [QUOTE]The young kid who did the ballroom routine w/ Anya is named Kent, and he's from a small town in Ohio (like meeee!) But he must be from a really small town, I have no idea where exactly he lives. I just know it's in Ohio. Yeah, I thought he was good too. Are all the guys contemporary or jazz dancers this year except for Jose? <strong>Pasha needed a bit less shirt tonight I think.</strong>
    Posted by K Byte[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha, Pasha is yummy.  I agree about Alex, wasn't as impressed as the judges.  Good to see its a consensus (well, at least a SB consensus).  </div>
  • Options
    Kent is adorable. I love him. And Pasha makes me drool. I agree that Alex didn't blow me away, but I also admit that I don't know shiit about dance, so I'm probably totally wrong. And I double agree that it's a much better show without Mary. She was a screaming douche for long enough. I'm so glad she's gone.
  • Options
    I met Pasha and the rest of the touring cast of Season 3. He is even dreamier in person. And was totally nice and even took a "ballroom face" picture with me.
  • Options
    I was so baffled by the judge's reactions to Alex & Alison's dance.  I was like, "Jigga wha?"  I even went back and watched it again because I didn't think the piece was all that notable.  And it isn't.  But Alex and Alison both danced it really well with lots of performance and emotion, so maybe it was that?  Or maybe those of us at home missed the connection because they insist on letting a toddler with ADHD who is hopped up on sugar determine what camera angle we get to see things from. 

I am so damn happy to be rid of Mary.  I hope they keep her far far away.

I would like to call and vote for Mark's new muscles.  Helloooooooooooo.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sytycd-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:aba0e189-fb6a-455b-b7b6-06e36e59a4e6Post:c841df17-ac5b-4811-ba8d-43c3a6bc483d">Re: SYTYCD</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was so baffled by the judge's reactions to Alex & Alison's dance.  I was like, "Jigga wha?"  I even went back and watched it again because I didn't think the piece was all that notable.  And it isn't.  But Alex and Alison both danced it really well with lots of performance and emotion, so maybe it was that?  <strong>Or maybe those of us at home missed the connection because they insist on letting a toddler with ADHD who is hopped up on sugar determine what camera angle we get to see things from.  </strong>I am so damn happy to be rid of Mary.  I hope they keep her far far away. I would like to call and vote for Mark's new muscles.  Helloooooooooooo.
    Posted by CaliopeSpidrman[/QUOTE]

But...isn't it 'artistic'?

• Options
    I just finished watching last nights (go go dvr)
    I liked Alex, but wasn't "omg" about him. I also didn't think it was the most amazing piece ever. I've actually had about 4 pieces that made me cry they were so good, that was not one of them.
    I am so so happy I get to watch Allison for another whole season. I have to keep reminded myself she's not 18 anymore though.
    It's kind of weirding me out watching the all stars in their mid to late 20's dancing with 18 year old newbies. I'll get over it though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards