Snarky Brides
Options

pet insurance

2»

Re: pet insurance

• Options
    I've been so happy with our service at Banfield.  My only complaint is that it is always a mad house in there and takes forever to check out.  But it's worth it.  It's nice that they are open late and on Saturday and Sunday, too.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pet-insurance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b02b3066-ba8b-42e8-8d29-aaf41ccc6e8dPost:55564523-96da-4f25-a93a-b8d4acd00b46">Re: pet insurance</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been so happy with our service at Banfield.  My only complaint is that it is always a mad house in there and takes forever to check out.  But it's worth it.  It's nice that they are open late and on Saturday and Sunday, too.
    Posted by goheels05[/QUOTE]

You guys are so lucky. The 5 Banfields I've been around (between Dh and I we've worked at 5 different PSmarts) were horrible. Weekdays they closed at 4pm, Saturdays they closed at 3pm and Sundays they were open, I kid you not, 10am until noon. They also charged my friend $3000 to spay her cat, no complications.
  • Options
    Holy cow!  That sucks. Now I feel bad promoting them knowing they aren't all as awesome as mine.  I assumed it was in the training because mine actually has pretty high turnover  (the vet techs are all the same but the vets turn over a lot) but has always had consistently good service. 
  • Options
    The hours just depend on the vets and what they are willing to work. I also think our DM for them just didn't care, so if one is super fabulous in the area I bet others will be too.
  • Options
    When we had an acre of property out in a rural area (cornfields on both sides) we had mutliple fish, 3 hermit crabs, 2 turtles, a newt, 2 rabbits, a cat and a yellow lab buried on our property. The cat was my favorite - we buried her in a  shoebox. When the lab died, it was February. My dad did not have a good time digging that hole. (FWIW, the lab died of natural causes - if he had been put down, the vet would have cremated him. Our collie mix was cremated at the vet, as well as our last two beagles. Actually, beagle #1 died at home in her sleep and my mom put her in the car and took her to the vet to be cremated as well.)

When we sold that property, I kept telling my parents to tell the new owners where the "cemetery" was.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    We have Pet insurance VPI through my work about $22 a month for our 1 year old black Lab. Um came in handy the day he broke into the bathroom and swallowed a razor in like 2 minutes. After me realizing there were blades in his stomach took him to emergency and after a $2,500 dollar surgery I was reimbursed exactly 1/2 of that.

We basically own a Marley so it is worth it for us!
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards