Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Allow Me to Introduce Myself - LET'S DO IT AGAIN GAL

Hi,I am new to this board and I wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself.    I have been married to Mr. Wonderful since 1995.   My husband and I are planning to renew our vows during our 15th wedding anniversary next year during Thanksgiving week-end (November 27, 2010).  We have so much to be thankful for (including two healthy and adorable kids).    Our ceremony would take place at the church where my family worships - Canyon Creek Presbyterian Church in Richardson.   We have also already selected our venue (The Cotton Mill of McKinney).  Our wedding coordinator is Wendy Kidd of Each & Every Detail.   Our videographer is also booked - Adam Kegg, Random Productions.Despite these checks, we (or should I say I) still have a lot to do.   We plan on doing cake tasting soon and also carterers.   So if anyone knows a reasonably priced caterer who makes Cajun/Creole food, please let me know.  I am also looking for a jazz band, who can also play New Orleans jazz and blues.   My colors are different shades of blue. teal, silver and white.   In honor of my New Orleans, Louisiana roots, my wedding will have a "gumbo" of representational things and items.   I am not big on fresh flowers, therefore my high centerpieces will be white ostrich feather on eiffel towers and my low centerpieces will be teal Chinese lanterns on peacock mats, surrounded by teal votices.  I have all my centerpieces already (except for the teal submersible LED lights for some of the eiffel towers).   My table signs (DIY) were completed last month.   Right now, I am working on our guest list.  Right now, we have a target of 250, but as we compile and take names, the list looks like it is ballooning to 300.  I am also working on our STD cards which will obviously say "LET'S DO IT AGAIN."I am not a computer expert, so I have not figured out how to build a bio, but I will try.   All suggestions are welcomed. So, that's a little about me.  But if you have any questions, feel free to ask.   I look forward to learning and sharing good ideas and suggestions on this board.  Happy Planning Y'all

Re: Allow Me to Introduce Myself - LET'S DO IT AGAIN GAL

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you LLC_lauren & Chris!   I am glad to be here.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your upcoming vow renewal.  If you're looking for a bakery, I loved my wedding cake from Dallas Affaires.  It was so delicious!!!!
  • Options
    aphitxaphitx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board! I'm also using Wendy & Adam for my wedding in March.  I'm getting married in McKinney in March.  I've been to the Cotton Mill for an event before-- I LOVE IT!! - your challenge there is that there's NO kitchen - at all.  It's going to make catering for 300 a pretty big challenge.  I haven't eaten here before, but I have heard some great things about this place and I think this might be what you're looking for.http://www.fatcatzkitchen.com/index.htmlWelcome and feel free to browse my bio. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! The Cotton Mill sounds fantastic.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What a warm welcome . . .you gals sure do know how to make a newbie feel at home.   Juliebug 1997 - Thanks for the cake tip.  I am definitely going to check out Dallas Affaires.  Cake tasting is the one task that my husband is looking forward to and has demanded to be included any any cake tastings. Aphitx - Or should I call you my weddingsister (after all, we have the same DOC and videographer).   And yes, I know about the kitchen situation at the Cotton Mill.   That's why Wendy says she makes sure any carterer hired by her clients have to do a walk-through with her, so they know what they will be working with.   Thanks for the FatCatz Kitchen suggestion.   I am going to check them out also.    JessTX - Thanks for the welcome and compliment.  It is truly appreciated.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!  What you are doing sounds like fun.  Congratulations on 15 years!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stephie - Thanks for the kind words.   You are right - it has been fun planning my dream wedding.  Its been years in the making and I can't wait to walk down that aisle!
  • Options
    mandasue178mandasue178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board and congrats on 15 years! The girls on here are very helpful. I used Weebly to make my planning bio and it was really easy to use. It's mostly just drag and drop!
    Becoming My Mother
    Names for our Currently Non-Existent Baby Anniversary
    Dx: PCOS 3/11
    **TTC buddies with Browneyedhunni85**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MandaSue - Thanks for the advice and the tip about Weebly.  I will check it out.  Very true about how helpful everyone here is.  Since yesterday, I have received quite a few good leads and suggestions.  You gals ROCK!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hey girlie welcome to the DFW board...I am soo glad you are on here cuz I too am planning a vow renewal event, it will be for our 20th anniversary in 2012 though(girl don't laugh cuz the date is so far out...LOL!...but you know how it is with planning an event this important and living life for a fam of 4)...here's wishing you great inspiration during your planning journey!!...check out my bio whenever you get a moment as I think we have a few things in common...I'm also on the AAW board most of the time as well...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alfdallas21 - I just checked out your bio and you are a girl after my own heart.   We have so much in common.  I am glad to have an "ole married' woman like me in the house.   Old in marriage, but young at heart and in love.   We are going to have to get together one of these days and bounce off ideas.   Don't fret about your event being in 2012.  Mine has been 14 years in the making.   When my husband and I got married in 1995, we were still in school, and so we opted for a civil ceremony, with the goal of having our marriage blessed and a big wedding later on in life.   So, here we are and the clock is ticking down to the wedding of our dreams.   So, enjoy the time that you have planning your wedding, because you are on no body's time schedule but yours!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on the vow renewal!!  Welcome to the boards!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mariah - Thanks for taking time out to welcome me.  I am glad to be here and I look forward to getting to know all of you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you live over by the Canyon Creek area?  My husband and I are starting the house hunting process and want to live over in West Richardson. 
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, welcome, and congratulations on 15 years! That's awesome! While we haven't been married that long we are almost halfway to 15 years dating wise hehe :p
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome! Congrats on 15 years!   Happy Planning!
  • Options
    almoyoalmoyo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mariah - No, I do not live in the Canyon Creek area or in Richardson.  I live in Wylie, which is next to Murphy.   The original location of our church (Canyon Creek Presbyterian Church) used to be in the Canyon Creek Area off Hwy 75 & Campbell, but due to growth and expansion, moved to the present location off Renner Road & North Star Road) which is right near the border of Richardson & Murphy.  For more information on our church, you can go to http://www.canyoncreekpres.org/Sorry, I can't be of much help to you because I am not a native Dallasite.  I moved to the Dallas area from New Orleans about 6 years ago.  Nevertheless, I have heard good things about Richardson.Appletango - I love your name.  Do you tango?  LOL.  Thanks for welcoming me to the board.  And congratulations are also in order for you too for loving the same person for close to 7 1/2 years.  In these days and times, that is not a simple feat for any relationship.  Keep up the good work and keep on doing what you are doing - You are on the right track.Nae82 -  Thanks for the warm congratulatory/welcome message.  I truly appreciate it. 
  • Options
    tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board! and congrats on the upcoming anniversary!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Almoyo & Tnickel06 - Hi y'all.  Thanks for the warm reception.  Glad to be here.
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chocolate - I love YOUR name! Yum yum! :pnot professionally...hahaha I've messed around in the studio with it a little bit but not like 'real' tango. Maybe this year though as we have a competitive ballroom dancer in our dance company :)AppleTango is a 'fizzy' drink over in Europe that I absolutely fell in love with which is where I got the name from lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards