Snarky Brides
Options

No Night Thread Yet? What Gives?

Re: No Night Thread Yet? What Gives?

• Options
    Wait, what is the blackout you speak of?

If Google went out for a day, we'd be so screwed at work. A big chunk of our workload is related to Google.
  • Options
    Sesh, it's to show opposition against SOPA and one other internet censorship bill.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I think that Google is putting a statement on their homepage, but not blacking out.  I know Wiki has a banner at the top of the page for it.  Reddit's homepage says it's going down for 12 hours.  

I thought it was supposed to be a bunch of bigger sites too, but that looks like maybe it isn't happening now.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm really curious to see what happens with that bill, it could certainly change the internet. 
  • Options
    I'm thinking about hitting the sack even though it's only 8:30.  I've had two beers and I'm sleepy.  
  • Options
    They were all going to blackout if the bill passed, I think.

YouTube probably won't if Google doesn't... If Google did, I wonder if they'd blackout all corporate and education accounts.  That would be craziness. 
  • Options
    H is currently introducing himself via conference call to his class this semester.  They were asked about their school/work experience and their family and hobbies and whatever.  I can hear him upstairs talking.

For the family part, he talked about the dog for like 3 sentences and then said "also, I'm married".

I see where I stand. 

• Options
    Ha!  That's kind of funny Pirate.  For what it's worth, your dog does look pretty awesome.
  • Options
    Guys are just great.  I've been with him at parties while he talks to people for 20 minutes about this game he plays (like very complicated chess with tiny painted armies) and then said "also, this is my Fiancee Gabrielle"

Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. 
  • Options
    <div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;">In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_night-thread-yet-gives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0b3e389-bc88-4e73-b18c-3eea12100d6aPost:680caed7-1fa4-4d33-ae36-78fa7bba3718">Re: No Night Thread Yet? What Gives?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Guys are just great.  I've been with him at parties while he talks to people for 20 minutes about this game he plays (like very complicated chess with tiny painted armies) and then said "also, this is my Fiancee Gabrielle" Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. 
    Posted by Gabrielle76[/QUOTE]

<div>No, I just thought it was funny.  I'm not offended by it or anything.</div><div>
    </div><div>And thanks, Chirp! She's a nut. </div></div>
  • Options
    Yikes, Jack.  That is scary. 
  • Options
    1cove- I hope everything goes well.  At least they know what;s goint on and can fix it, that's always a blessing, but kind of a double sided one in this case, it sounds like. 

Pirate- You're a better person than me, I got offended. 
  • Options
    Go for it, crash.  I've been going to sleep around 9 lately. I feel no guilt. :)  (I also wake up at 5 though.)
  • Options
    So, someone explaion SOPA in easy-to-understand terms. I'm too lazy to google.

That sound scary, cove. Good luck! I hope everything is ok.
  • Options
    Jackie, my dad had that surgery about 5 years ago.  He was having paralysis down his arm and through his fingers.  It took him a long time to regain movement in his fingers after the surgery but now he's almost 100%.  So the surgery helped him big time.  Oddly enough, the problems with his spine and discs also originated from a car crash but one that happened like 10 years before.  

It was scary for our whole family but he had an amazing surgeon and was back on his feet within a week.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_night-thread-yet-gives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0b3e389-bc88-4e73-b18c-3eea12100d6aPost:ccae3c83-4d2f-42c3-a79c-85b8735ce946">Re: No Night Thread Yet? What Gives?</a>:
    [QUOTE]1cove- I hope everything goes well.  At least they know what;s goint on and can fix it, that's always a blessing, but kind of a double sided one in this case, it sounds like.  Pirate- <strong>You're a better person than me</strong>, I got offended. 
    Posted by Gabrielle76[/QUOTE]

<div>I wouldn't say that.  It's just not that important to me.  These people aren't important to him outside of the class, I'm inconsequential to them.  Not a big deal.  If he has to talk about his personal life for 4 sentences, I'd rather he talk about the dog.  </div>
  • Options
    Sesh, from what I've gathered, it basically gives the government (not exactly sure who or what part of the government) the right to shut down any website without fair trial/due process if there is any copyright infringement or even if there is a link to a website that violates copyright law.

Ex. Say I posted a link to a youtube of a kid singing a cover of some popular song. Not only would Youtube get shut down and possibly pay fees, but TK could get shut down as well.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Good evening :)

Tonight is the first night in the 7 weeks since I moved in, that it feels like home :) It's a good feeling. I'm working on an owl wall hanging for my friend's baby shower on Saturday. Trying to teach myself/research how to applique and hand stitch, we'll see how it goes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The one good thing I could see out of the SOPA law? No more Biebers!  (he got his 'start' by covering Usher songs on YouTube. That would be illegal now.)
  • Options
    Sometimes I think itd be awesome if the internet just crapped out one day and we all had to scramble. It would be madness, like the end of days. Sometimes I hope for a solar flare to wipe it all out and get it over with. I just want something to happen.

I mean, Id miss you guys, but itd still be kinda awesome to see the earth come crashing to a halt.
  • Options
    I remember when Blackberry died for a few days and everyone went into a panic. I'd hate to see how people would act without the Internet.

I'd only be pissed if it died because I use it for school. If I didn't have online classes I wouldn't really care. And maybe if my school's library actually had relevant, up to date sources I could use.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't like that idea nebb.  I've had days where the school internet randomly dies and i am stuck, like even for printing things or whatnot.  It's funny how much we rely on stuff.

Hi all!  I'm just relaxing.  We met with our cake lady and showed her our inspiration as well as picked the flavors and stuff.  Yay!
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2012
    Thats the thing though, were SO reliant on it we would all be fucked! What would we do to do ANYTHING! Life would finally slow down.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_night-thread-yet-gives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0b3e389-bc88-4e73-b18c-3eea12100d6aPost:8f6e0182-ff31-4bb2-b2e5-453f2dbc2a09">Re: No Night Thread Yet? What Gives?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thats the thing though, were SO reliant on it we would all be fucked! What would we do to do ANYTHING! Life would finally slow down.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Sometimes you worry me......
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    I could get down with no internet for a day or two.  But ONLY a day or two.

Actually, going internetless for a weekend is on my Day Zero list.  It will probably be one of the last things I do.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I"m okay going internetless if I know it's coming.  I just hate going to school needing to print something for class and I can't cuz the inernet is down.
  • Options
    Im watching the Bruins right now and they are sucking balls. Its embarrassing.  Losing to freakin Tampa Bay.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We did this daily challenge thing at work during the summer. One of the challenges was to go 12 hours without internet/tv/cell phones starting at like 10 am. I literally only lasted till 1pm, I was going nuts. It was sorta sad lol
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_night-thread-yet-gives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0b3e389-bc88-4e73-b18c-3eea12100d6aPost:7d5386f4-b46e-4126-946c-2d2d6285301e">Re: No Night Thread Yet? What Gives?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Night Thread Yet? What Gives? : What kind of flavours did you pick out? Our wedding cake is still my favourite cake ever.
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]

Well we have a 4 tier cake and then two side cakes.  Bottom tier is marble, then next tier is chocolate, then next tier is amaretto w/ raspberry filling, then top tier is vanilla.  Both side cakes are lemon poppyseed. YUM! I'm going to want to eat them ALL
  • Options
    I didnt eat at all at my wedding.  The only cake I got was when we fed it to each other.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards