Snarky Brides
Options

Monday morning

I made to NC and today is my first day working for a long time. It was snowing a bit this am. Computer training today and it is the same system as my last job. This makes it easier but more boring. What are you up to this week?

Re: Monday morning

• Options
    Good luck in the new job, TLC! I think my week is mostly going to be about hoping the weather warms up!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Morning!

Good luck on your first day tlc!

It's supposed to snow again today. I'm not too happy about it. I wish it would be spring already! Easter weekend is projected to be nice though, so at least there's that.

I had a nice relaxing weekend and spent a lot of time with H. We put our dining room back in order (moving the wall storage unit and dining room table back into place) and put up our new curtains. It's so amazing how our room has been transformed with some color and curtains! I really love our house even more now.

Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Hope the new job gets a little more interesting and you enjoy it! Good luck!

Weekend consisted of laundry, cleaning, meal planning and vegging out with some movies. Got another small snow storm last night...Come on Spring!!! Looking forward to Spin class tonight and watching FI's basketball team play
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Rel, where are you in IL? I grew up in Peoria.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Rel, what movies did you watch? Anything worth recommending?

Addie, how was your anniversary?
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My anniversary was great! Thank you!
  • Options
    Good Morning!

This week is going to be super slow since our contract is up on Thursday. It is super slow right now so I just read the FFF thread.
    it killed a good little bit of my day!

I feel like I have so much to do this week it isn't even funny..
    oh well I get to go over decorations and stuff for the wedding and I am excited about that!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    I'm roasting acorn squash tonight. Anyone have any tasty methods other than the usual (and delicious) method of roasting it with butter, brown sugar and a drizzle maple syrup?

If I return here tomorrow it means all 10 of fingers survived cutting open the squash.

ETA: Ok, I think i found a great new method - cut it into half moons, roast with parmasen cheese.
    http://www.doitdelicious.com/recipes/make_it/roasted_parmesan_acorn_squash#

This will go really well the asperagus I'm making too!

• Options
    Good morning ladies! Hope you had a good weekend! I dropped FI off at the train station this morning, I think I'm going to drive out there to meet him on Thursday night and we'll stay the night in the hotel and go out for a nice dinner. Might as well take advantage of having Friday off! Good luck TLC! I hate training like that, I'm not good at staying still. I've had the best nails since starting my new graduate program, because I need to sit for hours at my desk watching lectures. On my own for dinner this week, I was hoping to go out for sushi tonight but all my friends are crazy busy too!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Addie--I am so close to Peoria! About 45 mins NE in a really small town. Small world! I just relocated here a year and a half ago from the Chicago suburbs. Hope you enjoyed time with your hubby for your anniversary!

Buzz--I watched Snow White and the Huntsman, That's My Boy, and the Lifetime movie that premeired Sat night about the killer Chris Porco---Lifetime flick was the best!!

Angel--sounds like a really fun trip planned! I LOVE sushi. Unfortunately there aren't any places where I live now so I don't get to eat it much ever. Tapas is really what I miss about city food though! Mmmm I'm making myself hungry....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Happy Monday!  Ya'll are making me hungry too.

B, have you tried turning it into squash soup?  It's my favorite way fix squash of all types: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/acorn-squash-soup-recipe/index.html

This week I will be trying not to poke at my new garden overly much, and I am going to finish my wedding scrap-book.  I got more page inserts last month, and I've been sooooo lazy about it.  The end result it is worth it though, because I get to put all sorts of things from the wedding into it, not just photos (IE the color sample for the bridesmaids dresses).
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_monday-morning-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b3b50a3f-6bc0-4da4-bd45-7bd2f4a17ad7Post:f80bebf2-610f-479a-8a6d-6efdf047a701">Re: Monday morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy Monday!  Ya'll are making me hungry too. B, have you tried turning it into squash soup?  It's my favorite way fix squash of all types: <a href="http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/acorn-squash-soup-recipe/index.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/acorn-squash-soup-recipe/index.html</a> This week I will be trying not to poke at my new garden overly much, and I am going to finish my wedding scrap-book.  I got more page inserts last month, and I've been sooooo lazy about it.  The end result it is worth it though, because I get to put all sorts of things from the wedding into it, not just photos (IE the color sample for the bridesmaids dresses).
    Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]

Thanks Pele, that soup sounds great. I only have one squash on hand though for dinner. I'll keep that in mind for the future when I have more of them.

Good luck with finishing up your scrap book!

• Options
    Good luck tlc; hopefully the computer training will be quick and you can start seeing patients.

Well, we have our complaints about FB, but today I watched it all come together to save a dog that was scheduled for euthanizing.  They put the word out to see if a rescue could pull him from the Chicago Animal Control and within minutes people were working together to save this dog.  I think someone was able to put a "hold" on him and will be able to get him tomorrow.  Fingers crossed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards