Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

How much for DJs?

I haven't fully started looking at DJs but have a couple friends who are getting married soon as well and they are in that process right now. One was telling me about DJs she's found a couple that are $4,000(?!?!!!) this seems ridiculous, the other is around $1,000 I think she said. Is this normal? What does ya'lls cost, do you recommend them?

Re: How much for DJs?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I paid $800 (I think) for 5 hours. I used DJ Ralph Polanco (bookdjralph.com) I highly recommend him!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I was looking, I got quotes from $700-$3500.We chose Lori from Melody and Memories and it's under $1000 for what we wanted.  Yes I would recommend her; we haven't used her yet but we've seen her in action at a friends wedding.
  • Options
    txtechgaltxtechgal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are DJs someone you physically go meet with?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Of course!!! You'll want to meet with them and make sure you vibe.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha, ok I thought so...just didn't know for sure!
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DJ is $1500 for a Saturday wedding, for unlimited time.  DJs can run from $500 to the thousands.  And yes, I would meet with a few and see who you click with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My DJ was $1500 for the entire day. This also included lighting and a gobo with our monogram. Dallas Rhythms was amazing and I highly recommend them. Seth still remains one of my friends today. Yes, you go meet with DJ's. I met with mine twice during the entire process. email me at emily dot kaz 319 at gmail dot com if you have any questions!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's gobo? I'm assuming since you said monogram it has something to do with lighting?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A gobo is a lighting piece that reflects your monogram on the dance floor. If I know how to put in in the post I would, so if you want I can email it to you. I loved mine. It matched all my invites and Seth did it for us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Btw, it doesn't have to be on the dance floor. It can reflect pretty much any where.
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Emi, what kind of lighting was included in your package?  Dancefloor, any spotlight, uplighting?
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Donna - I had lighting around my dance floor and in corners of the room. I could have had pinlighting, but I didn't like how it looked with my tall centerpieces. I LOVED my DJ and he was worth every penny!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah I'd love to see it if you don't mind...I'll send you an email!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you just want music, then there are a lot to choose from. If you want something more unique (and not just your play list be adhered to), then the price tends to go up. We know that the DJ can make or break the reception, so we picked someone (after meeting with many others) who would be responsible and create something amazing. He even brings a coordinator too. You should definitely shop around, the cheapest ones are usually that way for a reason.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I forgot. 2,000 and stephen with www.stephenjamesweddings.com.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $1000 for four hours - Sounds Spectacular (DJ is Robert Williams).  www.soundsspectacular.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Colby Logan with Astounding Sounds. We got a great deal for a Sunday. I think he is around $1500 but he also does lighting and he is doing that for us. I really liked his personality and I have heard great things about him. I talked to numerous DJ's and found prices from $800 to $4000 as well. I found that you can find a great DJ for $1000 to $1500.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I talked to about 10-12 dj's and the prices ranged from $300-$3000. We met with five in the $800-1200 range. We ended up going with Matt from www.djsofdallas.com. He was amazing and went way above and beyond. We were just below $1000 with a big sound system, light show, uplighting (he recommended this and I am SO glad we did it), and a custom gobo. By far the best value for extremely high quality service. I have recommended him to some friends of mine and been to their weddings and they were extremely satisfied as well. I wouldn't recommend someone who I wasn't confident would do a great job. I have a great limo guy too if you need one!I would definately meet with your top two or three prospective dj's. Make sure you meet with the actual person who will be at your wedding and try and meet with them at your actual venue. Don't be afraid to haggle a little either if you are trying to stay within a certain budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards