Snarky Brides
Options

I have a horrific, painful, and embarrassing story to tell you all.

So, I never really do that pampering kind of stuff. It's just usually not on my radar. Before we left for our trip to the beach this weekend, I decided to go get a pedicure. I go in and sit down. Everything is going okay. but I'm super ticklish. Like little kid ticklish, so while she was messing with my yucktastic feet, I had a magazine over my face and was just trying to ignore it.

I feel her start to do some type of scraping thing and I look up and realize she is using one of those razor blade, staph infection type things. Before I could get the words: "What the fuckare you doing with that motherfucking razor thing, you cvnt!?" out of my mouth, she has sliced my fucking heel off. Like the part of the heel where you get blisters. The gaping flesh wound starts to bleed and bleed and bleed.

I ask her for a band aid and she just giggles and starts putting some kind of liquid, that I think is battery acid, on my heel to make it stop bleeding. They apparently don't have band aids. Cunts. AND THEN she tells me to put my foot back in the foot brothy shiit. Uh. WHAT? No fucking way, lady. So, I'm sitting there bleeding. Trying to make it stop so that I can leave. While this is going on, she tries to do my other fucking foot with that monstrous instrument of death. OH HELL NO. I told her to use the stone and she tells me "well, you wiggled. If you don't wiggle, you won't get cut". No, assface. If you don't use death blades, I won't get cut.

So, finally my foot stops bleeding. She gets half way through my other foot and I told her that I just wanted to leave. And guess what. THEY STILL MADE ME PAY. WTF? And now I just googled those razor things and I'm pretty sure they are illegal to use. I feel like a total fucking idiot. Assholes.

And also, HI! I miss you bitches.

Re: I have a horrific, painful, and embarrassing story to tell you all.

• Options
    MandK9MandK9 member
    First Comment
    Oh my godddd.  That is horrifying.  I don't even know what instrument you are referring to, can you show me a picture (NOT of your wounded heel)?  Why the hell would anyone have those?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Ewewewewewewewewewewewewewewewewew.

Sorry she sliced you, but on the upside, you totally have a "bitch sliced me" story.  And I'm pretty sure those things are illegal.

• Options
    Wow that sounds horrific! I'm so sorry you went thru that damn i would have flipped the F out!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    You are waaaay too nice! I would have thrown a fit... no way I'm paying you to torture me! Hope your foot is ok, keep it clean so it doesn't get infected with godknowswhat
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Wtf? That's ridiculous. I'd have lost it on them when they told you you had to pay to have your foot sliced open. 
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Holy crap! I would have kicked her in the face with my bloody stump of a foot. And I am pretty sure those blade death instruments are illegal in most places, but apparently not Indiana because they've tried to use them on me at every nail salon in town. I have my own, if I want it done, but generally I tell them to use the stone only.

You should call and report them to the board of health or something. Assholes.

And HI!
  • Options

I'm such a complete weirdo that it kind of ruined my vacation. Every time I think about it, I cringe. Imagine having the back of your foot sliced off and then going on a trip to the beach. With sand. And rain. And public restrooms. During Myrtle Beach Bike week. And senior week. I couldn't stop thinking all of the piss and vom that I was probably stepping in.

But the good news is that I have discovered blister bandaids that are seriously the shiit.

• Options
    Wow Cew.  i'm sorry.  how awful.

Here, they only break the callus shaver out if you request it.  I've had it done a few times and my place always opens the new sterilized blade in front of me. But, they are also the only salon I found that uses quatricide to clean their foot baths between uses.  That shiit kills everything that's nasty.
  • Options
    Oh, yeah, the paying part totally sucks.  What bitches.  And you were probably taken aback/possibly in septic shock at the whole encounter.

I would have liked to see this if you loudly said "I HAVE TO PAY TO GET MY FOOT SLICED OPEN?! EXCUSE ME, EVERYONE, DO YOU WANT TO HAVE YOUR FOOT SLICED OPEN AND POSSIBLY CONTRACT AN STD?" Those bitches would have been comping you right away.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_horrific-painful-embarrassing-story-tell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b89719b4-f7d7-436c-92d5-b1089eb63e52Post:cb8efb41-7029-43dc-892d-f85975682b95">Re: I have a horrific, painful, and embarrassing story to tell you all.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh my godddd.  That is horrifying.  I don't even know what instrument you are referring to, can you show me a picture (NOT of your wounded heel)?  Why the hell would anyone have those?
    Posted by MandK9[/QUOTE]

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/NuSole-Corn-Callus-Razor-Blades/dp/B0006V5M8I">http://www.amazon.com/NuSole-Corn-Callus-Razor-Blades/dp/B0006V5M8I</a>
  • Options
    I should have given her a roundhouse kick to the face. That would have made my heel blood spray all over the place like some awesome Quintin Terintino movie.
  • Options
    MandK9MandK9 member
    First Comment
    Undecided I don't like it. I've never seen one, but it looks scary, and now I'm going to be paranoid whenever I get a pedicure that they're going to whip out some similar torture device.

• Options
    I'm sorry that happened. That's pretty awful. I love pedicures, but I do NOT let them use that thing!  Hope it feels better soon! 
  • Options
    I've never gotten a pedicure because of the horror stories I hear/see. I have a weird phobia of other people touching my feet.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Those razor things are illegal in NYC. Thank heavens

sorry you're hurting
  • Options
    What the fvck? I cannot believe they made you pay. That's ridiculous.
  • Options
    This place is looking like a really good candidate for being mailed a box of poop.
  • Options
    you should totally put a pic of your bloody foot in your sig...

oh wait no, no you shouldn't

miss your birthday face!
  • Options
    A bloody foot sig would be the worst thing ever. Only slightly better than a picture of my diick, though. That would freak people out.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_horrific-painful-embarrassing-story-tell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b89719b4-f7d7-436c-92d5-b1089eb63e52Post:184d84fc-25db-4c2e-b298-27d98539cd30">Re: I have a horrific, painful, and embarrassing story to tell you all.</a>:
    [QUOTE]This place is looking like a really good candidate for being mailed a box of poop.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

why? I thought that's what you do to people you love. At least, I super enjoyed my box of poop from you!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_horrific-painful-embarrassing-story-tell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b89719b4-f7d7-436c-92d5-b1089eb63e52Post:2397f517-2590-4c4c-8d74-b1beadf7e5d3">Re: I have a horrific, painful, and embarrassing story to tell you all.</a>:
    [QUOTE]A bloody foot sig would be the worst thing ever. Only slightly better than a picture of my diick, though. That would freak people out.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

or they can just click the link to texts from last night, I put it on there!!! woooot
  • Options
    But that was my poop. I wouldn't grace them with my poop. I think I woud send Matt's.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_horrific-painful-embarrassing-story-tell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b89719b4-f7d7-436c-92d5-b1089eb63e52Post:184d84fc-25db-4c2e-b298-27d98539cd30">Re: I have a horrific, painful, and embarrassing story to tell you all.</a>:
    [QUOTE]This place is looking like a really good candidate for being mailed a box of poop.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

You should have someone add hair to the box of poop. They deserve it and much more.
  • Options
    Oh wow. I wouldn't have paid. I hope the other customers saw your ordeal and remember it!

I've never had a pedicure but I have a PedEgg and that even freaks me out even though I'd have to realy try hard to cut myself with it. Mostly I just use a stone. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_horrific-painful-embarrassing-story-tell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b89719b4-f7d7-436c-92d5-b1089eb63e52Post:aa2e6252-7f0e-4e9f-b5d8-11ea0480f527">Re: I have a horrific, painful, and embarrassing story to tell you all.</a>:
    [QUOTE]But that was my poop. I wouldn't grace them with my poop. I think I woud send Matt's.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

true. feed him corn first.
  • Options
    It's not a bloody stump story but I, too, am a salon survivor.  When I was about 19, I had a kind of layered feathered haircut done (my only excuse is that it was the early 80's).  It was done by a newbie stylist, and while blowdrying my hair into proper Farrah style (no excuse this time), she got the brush wound UP in my hair.  To the scalp.  They had to *cut it out*.  Leaving me with fuzzy 1inch long stripe sort of anti-mohawk style down the middle of my head.

I paid too.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_horrific-painful-embarrassing-story-tell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b89719b4-f7d7-436c-92d5-b1089eb63e52Post:59bd3ab9-d552-4bc7-aa67-b9feb46f72c7">Re: I have a horrific, painful, and embarrassing story to tell you all.</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's not a bloody stump story but I, too, am a salon survivor.  When I was about 19, I had a kind of layered feathered haircut done (my only excuse is that it was the early 80's).  It was done by a newbie stylist, and while blowdrying my hair into proper Farrah style (no excuse this time), she got the brush wound UP in my hair.  To the scalp.  They had to *cut it out*.  Leaving me with fuzzy 1inch long stripe sort of anti-mohawk style down the middle of my head. I paid too.
    Posted by covejack[/QUOTE]

Oh you poor thing. How very Tiger Beat of you ;)
  • Options
    That sounds horrifying. I love pedicures, but thankfully I've never encountered one of the razors. No way would I have paid! I would, however, make sure to drag my bleeding heel all over the floor on the way out while muttering something about being "highly contagious".
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_horrific-painful-embarrassing-story-tell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b89719b4-f7d7-436c-92d5-b1089eb63e52Post:890a6dfa-9922-4eb6-9f5d-a70c8b730a27">Re: I have a horrific, painful, and embarrassing story to tell you all.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I have a horrific, painful, and embarrassing story to tell you all. : Oh you poor thing. How very Tiger Beat of you ;)
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

The first mullet.  That was me.

Cew, I'm hoping your tetanus was current.  (kidding).  That's awful, and the reaction they gave to slicing you up was bizarre.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_horrific-painful-embarrassing-story-tell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b89719b4-f7d7-436c-92d5-b1089eb63e52Post:890a6dfa-9922-4eb6-9f5d-a70c8b730a27">Re: I have a horrific, painful, and embarrassing story to tell you all.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I have a horrific, painful, and embarrassing story to tell you all. : Oh you poor thing. How very Tiger Beat of you ;)
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]
    Yup, I just snorted and got water up my noise from that comment.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards