Snarky Brides

Would you go out to a bar by yourself

?

Since my ILs decided to flake out on me and no one else is leaving the house, I thought I'd go out by myself since my H is working. I won't be drinking. I will end up at my H's work by the end of the night anyway.

H thinks I will have douches hitting on me. I think...IDK what I think. I have never been out w/o an SO or friend.

I got this awesome outfit I want to wear and I can't show it off at home :(

Re: Would you go out to a bar by yourself

• I wouldn't.  I don't think DH would think it would be okay, either.  We have gone with friends, but never alone and I think it would be a little creepy just sitting at the bar alone. 

And if you wont be drinking, do you think it would be any fun? 
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • No, because I'd at aleast need a friend there. I can have fun on my own, but I'd be talking to strangers and I am leary of guys who hit on girls who are there alone. It would just be strange to me.

However, I don't really drink and we don't often go out, so there's that. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_would-out-bar-yourself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:babdae44-538d-481f-b53b-3ff1e67e45eaPost:605d2191-6cae-412e-99d8-c485080750b2">Re: Would you go out to a bar by yourself</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't.  I don't think DH would think it would be okay, either.  We have gone with friends, but never alone and I think it would be a little creepy just sitting at the bar alone.  And if you wont be drinking, do you think it would be any fun? 
    Posted by barbbhoww[/QUOTE]

A friend owns the bar I was thinking of going to but I still don't know.
  • If I knew people who were there, then yes.  But just to a random bar, with no one I knew, no.
  • A friend said she may go with me but she is breastfeeding so she can't stay out past three hours. I may just go to my H's work where I know I will be safe.

• If you know of people who may be there, or the staff, then it could be fun. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'd be afraid of safety if I was by myself.  Especially on NY.  Go to DH's work and keep him company in your new sexy outfit!
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ha I am not in NY that gosh! I am in MS. I think I am just going to go to H's work.
  • Sure I would.  I don't see why you shouldn't.  Go out and have a good time.  There's no point in you spending all night at home bored.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Yeah B. I have got to get out of this house. It's driving me crazy!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_would-out-bar-yourself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:babdae44-538d-481f-b53b-3ff1e67e45eaPost:efe70015-7dda-4014-a7bd-d6ba6856c937">Re: Would you go out to a bar by yourself</a>:
    [QUOTE]If I knew people who were there, then yes.  But just to a random bar, with no one I knew, no.
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

<div>This.  I went out last weekend by myself, but I was at home.  I'm guaranteed to run into at least 2-3 people from high school regardless of which bar I choose, so it wasn't that 'weird."</div><div>
    </div><div>Do whatever you're comfortable with!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_would-out-bar-yourself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:babdae44-538d-481f-b53b-3ff1e67e45eaPost:4b39638b-32d4-4efc-a31a-97ed9cf31d97">Re: Would you go out to a bar by yourself</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah B. I have got to get out of this house. It's driving me crazy!
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]
    Then go.  Get yourself all dolled up with that hot outfit and have a blast.  Close out the night by going to see H at work so he's not worried and everyone's happy.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I am going! :)
  • Oh also, I want to point out with the guys hitting on you thing, that happens everywhere.  You can go to the grocery store in the middle of the day and guys can hit on you.  You know a stupid one-liner won't make your pants fall off or anything, so I don't see why that's a concern.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • I would, if it were to a regular haunt where I would know some of the patrons and/or staff.  Gotta show off that new outfit!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_would-out-bar-yourself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:babdae44-538d-481f-b53b-3ff1e67e45eaPost:0fdcbd09-608b-4c3a-afae-406e51ac66ba">Re: Would you go out to a bar by yourself</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh also, I want to point out with the guys hitting on you thing, that happens everywhere.  You can go to the grocery store in the middle of the day and guys can hit on you.  <strong>You know a stupid one-liner won't make your pants fall off or anything</strong>, so I don't see why that's a concern.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

<div>crap. You mean those aren't supposed to work?</div>
  • Haha!  No Steph, you're doing it wrong ;-)

Have a ball, Ricks.  You deserve it.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • That's what I told H! I can tell them to eff off (in a nice way of course)
  • If I knew people, yes otherwise I would just be bored. 
  • I have done this - you should definitely go. 

I think it all depends on your personality.  I dated a DJ for a few years, so there were many nights where just he and I would be driving out of state for a gig.  He'd be in the booth all night and there was no way I was just going to sit in there with him.  I'm the type of person who would strike up a conversation with anyone and I can have fun with strangers.  You just have to know how to handle the situation, which I think you are capable of.

You're hot stuff and people are going to hit on you, and I get why you woulodn't want that but I don't think it would ruin the night.  You'll obviously be wearing your ring, so just flash it in their face.  Have fun!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I go everywhere by myself. There are very few people I want to spend an evening with, and they're all far away from me. I definitely went out for dinner by myself last night, lol. I just take a book and glare at people who try and talk to me.
  • If I knew people there, then yes. Otherwise, no. I rarely drink and I'd probaly be nervous anyway around so many people I'm not familiar with.
  • Go and have fun, but first show us the outfit. :P
  • I think it's fine. I don't find it to be "inappropriate" or anything. I don't know how much fun I'd have, though, unless I could bring a friend along or went to a place where I knew the bartender. 
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards