Snarky Brides
Options

Mornin'

Holy Hangover.  I managed to drink 4 glasses of wine last night, but over the course of like 3 hours though, so I'm not sure how I managed to get so drunk last night.  But I did.  Now I'm paying for it.  Thankfully not nauseous, but my sinuses are really plugged.

However I am looking forward to my day!  One of my BMs is coming into town this late morning and we're heading to go shopping to maybe find me some wedding night underwear.  Then one of my students is having a bday party today and I was invited, so I'm also going to pop into that.

Have a great day everyone!

Re: Mornin'

• Options
    I love wine, but it really does a number on me.  I get my worst hangovers from wine. 

Morning!  I'm putzing around before I head to my volunteer job.  Then tonight we're going out for a friend's birthday, so I'm excited for that.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Oy... I got massively drunk on wine on our anniversary...  RIDICULOUSLY drunk.  We were at a place for dinner that every time I turned around would fill up my wine glass...  Yeah, hangover indeed!

Good morning!  I just had to renew our Jeep tag.  I forgot it's primarily under my name not H's so it falls on my birthday.  Totally not expecting that 90 bucks, blah.  H also started doing our taxes last night and it's going to suck.  We're going to owe quite a bit, which sucks because we both claim zero all year.  Oh well.  I'm not going to complain too much because we are in a much better state financially this year than we were last year!  Counting my blessings and all that jazz!

Have a great day, ladies!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Morning ladies!

Chels- LOTS of water and Tylenol/Ibuprofen. I hate wine hangovers, but a good wine sneaks up on you. :)

H just went for his blood test for doctor. He's on Lipitor so they have to check him every so many months. Then to get our pedis and Home Depot and Michaels. I'm so excited to paint the foyer and change the light fixture.

Jes- Whats up with the house? Inspection yet?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    OMG! This is so funny, I'm watching Dogs 101 and my cat is watching the Tv and his tail his all poofed!
  • Options
    mmm wine. Actually though, the thought of booze at all is revolting right now. Fine by me. I putzed with our taxes last night some more... looks like we're going to basically break even. Considering this is the first year I haven't gotten back at least $2k it kind of sucks. If could be worse though! H has decided he wants tile in the basement now so we're going to check out the Habitat for Humanity ReStore and see if they have any. I still want fake wood instead, so we'll see.
  • Options

H told me last night our taxes will just about pay for the new computer he ordered.

This one is on it's last leg.

• Options
    Morning everyone!

My hangovers, wine or other, have been terrible the last year or two. Chels- I hope it goes away soon.

H and I are going to work on unpacking the rest of our stuff today. It was so nice to sleep on a real bed last night and not an air mattress. And TV in the bedroom last night? Felt like heaven! 

Hope everyone has a great day!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_mornin-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bc1fd77b-51da-4e74-bfdf-c43c53dd06d4Post:dbc6d2b3-473d-4397-bb10-d577815c88e8">Re: Mornin'</a>:
    [QUOTE]mmm wine. Actually though, the thought of booze at all is revolting right now. Fine by me. I putzed with our taxes last night some more... looks like we're going to basically break even. <strong>Considering this is the first year I haven't gotten back at least $2k it kind of sucks. If could be worse though! </strong> H has decided he wants tile in the basement now so we're going to check out the Habitat for Humanity ReStore and see if they have any. I still want fake wood instead, so we'll see.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>These are my thoughts.  But that's okay!</div><div>
    </div><div>Have you seen the "wood" tiles?  It's basically tile that looks like wood so you get a wood look without worrying about water damage and all that.  I think they look so cool.  My parents are going to put some that look like white washed antique wood in their living room area.  The style definitely isn't for everyone but I think it's awesome ha.</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I haven't seen those, Shay. link? :) It's in our basement so I just want something that'll warm it up a little. That's the biggest reason I don't want tile. I think a wood-look will resell better too. But the carpet down there now is nasty. It's old, which is part of the reason we didn't care as the dogs destroyed it. I think they could smell the old owner's dog too, you know?
  • Options
    Ohhh I like this. for like an entryway area though; I don't think I could do my whole basement in it. ;)www.cozypad.com/wp-content/uploads/Wooden_Tiles_Flooring.jpg
  • Options
    Morning. I just got back from getting my oil changed and truck washed. I think I'm going to go dye my hair back to black now. I need a change in life. The rest of the day will be spent grading, cleaning, and writing, hopefully.

We aren't getting back much for taxes. Every penny of it will go to either the cc, fixing H's truck, or paying off one of his guys - or a combo of all 3. Pretty much no fun money at all. Poo.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_mornin-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bc1fd77b-51da-4e74-bfdf-c43c53dd06d4Post:9515c20b-b47a-49f0-88c8-1c13b7a194c4">Re: Mornin'</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ohhh I like this. for like an entryway area though; I don't think I could do my whole basement in it. ;) <a href="http://www.cozypad.com/wp-content/uploads/Wooden_Tiles_Flooring.jpg" rel="nofollow">www.cozypad.com/wp-content/uploads/Wooden_Tiles_Flooring.jpg</a>
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

<div>That would look awesome in a little entry space though.  You could pick one of the colors in that and get a larger tile for the rest of the basement.  I can't find the one like they picked (it's from a local place and I'm not sure who the manufacturer is).</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Sesh, you just reminded me about something when you mentioned coloring your hair!  So I have been blonde, a redhead, had black hair and dark brown, bleach blonde.... Basically every color you can think of...  Yesterday when I got my hair cut, my beautician told me that my hair is all natural.  I was like wait whaaaaaat? ha ha.  My hair hasn't been it's natural color since before I was in high school!  It was kind of a weird moment for me.  She said she never thought she'd see the day that happened lol.  It's a dark brown which is what I like but it was still weird.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I am a massive stress case this morning. DH is trying to fix a plumbing issue we have right now.  I feel like if he can't fix it, it will will end up costing us big bucks. Just thinking about it makes me naseous.  

Wood tiles look cool. 
  • Options
    ha Shay, so your hair finally grew out of the dye? That's awesome. I've abused my hair so much that my natural color doesn't exist. They usually refer to it as 'colorless' or 'washed out' if I ask. It's this gross, grey-toned dark dirty blonde. So I will continue dying it. forever.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_mornin-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bc1fd77b-51da-4e74-bfdf-c43c53dd06d4Post:b618bb8b-7087-4553-bfd9-4f66615ee49c">Re: Mornin'</a>:
    [QUOTE]ha Shay, so your hair finally grew out of the dye? That's awesome. I've abused my hair so much that my natural color doesn't exist. They usually refer to it as 'colorless' or 'washed out' if I ask. It's this gross, grey-toned dark dirty blonde. So I will continue dying it. forever.

<div>wait a second - what colour is your hair naturally? Like what colour should it be.</div><div>
    </div><div>I dyed my hair last time I was at the salon, just some red low lights. I only sort of regret it now.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    OMG. My husband is a genuis. Actually, *I* am a genuis because I knew knew knew it was the effing cartridge, he didn't think it could be that simple, but it was. THANK THE LORD.

Sorry, I am pretty excited right now, as you can tell. Let's just say if this hadn't have been fixed we might not have been able to move. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_mornin-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bc1fd77b-51da-4e74-bfdf-c43c53dd06d4Post:b618bb8b-7087-4553-bfd9-4f66615ee49c">Re: Mornin'</a>:
    [QUOTE]ha Shay, so your hair finally grew out of the dye? That's awesome. I've abused my hair so much that my natural color doesn't exist. They usually refer to it as 'colorless' or 'washed out' if I ask. It's this gross, grey-toned dark dirty blonde. So I will continue dying it. forever.

<div>Mine is the same way Steph. I used to have pretty blonde hair. Then I started dying it. I've went orange, platinum, brown, and red. Now it is a grey-blonde color I pretty much hate. I wish someone would have told me when I was in high school taht dying my hair would ruin it.</div>
  • Options
    ha ha basically Steph.  The most recent color I dyed it was a dark chestnut brown and my natural hair basically darkened to be a very slight shade lighter than this chestnut brown so when my beautician got really close she could she a very faint dye line before she cut it off lol
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Morning all!

I have had two nights of crappy sleep. I don't know if it's sinuses or a cold, but I just kept waking up trying to breathe through my nose. My teeth hurt, too, but I'm not sure if that's because of the dental work I had done on Wednesday or if it's the other stuff going on.

It's been so long since I dyed my hair. I think I avoid it because I know I'll screw it up if I do it myself, and if I go to a salon it takes SO long.

Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_mornin-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bc1fd77b-51da-4e74-bfdf-c43c53dd06d4Post:0fc9a070-9260-41b7-9aa4-8b78554affdf">Re: Mornin'</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mornin' : wait a second - what colour is your hair naturally? Like what colour should it be. I dyed my hair last time I was at the salon, just some red low lights. I only sort of regret it now.
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

<div>That's my point. It has no natural color anymore. ;)</div><div>
    </div><div>it was REALLY blonde when I was little, and kind of darkened until junior high when I first started dying/highlighting it. I keep it dark brown now.</div>
  • Options
    Good morning! H elbowed me in his sleep this morning so I'm awake now, toasting up some whole wheat Eggo waffles.

Not sure what the plans are for today. I know I need to go to Goodwill to pick up a toss-away jacket for the race.

Steph, I think we have the same color hair (natural). I haven't seen it, though, since 8th grade. I've been coloring it ever since.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Good morning, ladies.

I'm at work - boo.  But I'm also making my shopping list for our SB party tomorrow.  (that's SuperBowl, not SB.  I'd rather have an SB party).  It's going to be a much smaller group than I anticipated, so that makes everything easier on me.

I love the HfH Re-Store, Steph.  I always find great deals there, and you never know what you'll find.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I 'got' what you meant Steph, I was just wondering what colour it was the last time you had it natural. 

Is it actually possible that years of colouring hair would change the colour of the hair without dye? I would think that the follicle would remain untouched, altough I have heard that henna can saturate through. When I used henna in my hair at like14/15 it took years for my hair to stop looking 'red'.

The only reason I am happy that I don't colour now is that I can see my greys coming in. I will start dying it eventually but for now I can't really be bothered. 
  • Options
    Numbers, my natural color has gotten darker.  I was a major towhead when I was child but now my hair is dark dark brown.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I'm waiting for the color to set now. I can wash it out at 10:55. It's funny, normally I'm still asleep this time of the morning on a Saturday but for some reason I got up early and holy crap, I'm getting a lot done!

My natural hair color is pretty dark, but I like it close to black.
  • Options
    I was very light haired as a child but by the time I was 13 I was chestnut brown. Still am now.  I used to dye it a LOT in high school, every possible colour. 
  • Options
    Ya' want to know what's sad.  Even though it's kind of cool my hair is natural, hearing Sesh talking about coloring her hair right now makes me want to run out and do it ha ha ha.  I'm such a weirdo

Holy crap, DJ!  How is he doing?  Wow..
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    DJ that sucks. When I got my typhoid shot when I lived overseas just the shot alone made me fairly ill. I only remember the shot because it was the 'turning point' in my fear of shots (I had an awesome nurse) and I got really sick for three days.
  • Options
    Good Morning!

I'm off to the market shortly for a hopefully life changing event.  I need food for our little Superbowl party tomorrow and am buying everything at the health market.  No greasy chips, heavy prepackaged dips, or super salty snacks.  I'm going to try to pull off a healthier Superbowl party.  But not healthy.  Just healthier. This might be a disaster.

Lots of homework to work on this weekend.  Lots.  I'm not pleased but I supposed I did bring it upon myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards