Snarky Brides
Options

Hi and a question!

Hi all!

How was everyone's Thanksgiving? We were at my parents for a few days and it was lovely. I got to see my BFF who was also home so that was wonderful.

Anyways... my question. For Christmas I was thinking about getting something for the baby to put under the tree. Like some books and a little I <3 NY onesie or something (since we just moved to NYC) - BUT I've heard that it is supposedly bad luck to give an unborn child a gift. Is this true? Is there some sort of limit on that - like it's okay after the first tri? I mean aren't baby showers essentially giving the baby gifts?

I just want to show her how excited we are about the baby  - Do you think it's okay for us to have a present for the baby this Christmas when she'll be about 4.5 months pregnant?
Photobucket

Re: Hi and a question!

• Options
    pixiedust84pixiedust84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay so you guys have heard this before too? I was confused too Blue. Because basically I would be giving her something I'd also give at a baby shower - only Christmas themed!

I was also going to do a gift certificate to a spa for her too so maybe I'll just stick to that!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hi-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c580cd8e-1104-48f9-87ea-11e38d9e6a6aPost:f9d70bbc-0b96-4946-bd7e-cbbdd928c056">Re: Hi and a question!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pixie- for me, if they are out of the first trimester and have announced it, I dont see an issue giving a gift.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE

That's good to know! Thank you Blue :-)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hi-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c580cd8e-1104-48f9-87ea-11e38d9e6a6aPost:863b9832-3d28-473c-a7ef-e12bed1950c0">Re: Hi and a question!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think she's trying to shut you guys out, Pixie.  It just sounds like she has some set ideas on how/when pregnancy/name/boy or girl announcements should be made. Maybe they had trouble conceiving and she's being super guarded with the info due to some fears she may have.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

Oh sorry - I didn't mean she was shutting us out of the pregnancy. I

I'm actually pretty thrilled with how open she's being about the pregnancy. We got to see an ultra sound and they told us before their friends which made us feel special .

Thanks for the advice ladies :-)
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards